Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Congratulations Alex Smith--NFL Comeback Player of the Year

I just thought a specific acknowledgement thread was worthy.

In these particularly challenging times to have dealt so successfully with such a daunting additional burden is extra-noteworthy. I saw all the people Alex thanked, appropriately so, especially his wife and kids, and saw the pictures of his leg and the story of all the help he received. Such stories are just as dependent on those many others in their support---a challenging job itself in the best of times--- as they are on the determination and perseverance of the injured.

So with all of ES I want to thank all those who supported Alex, but I want to singularly thank him for making the decision to grace this franchise, one that for a long time has been more associated with gracelessness in a number of manners, and be one of the guideposts to a better way in every way. 

Alex's skills on the field and character off the field have been exemplary and been a bright spot for the WFT. At a time where many fans are seeing reason to be hopeful again, he was an early beacon for hope in a better direction. He went down when he had the team in the lead for a division title, and when he made his amazing return he led the team to a division title. One of my favorite clips is Chase Young on the sidelines looking in 

Smith's direction and saying, simply, "I love that guy"

May the best still lay ahead for Alex Smith, his family, the WFT and its extreme-ly loyal fans.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8
  • Jumbo pinned this topic

When I lived in the Bay area I watched Smith play on the 49ers.  I was not a big fan then but he sure did change my mind when he came to the Redskins.

We needed a leader and he stepped up to the plate.  I thank him for his amazing comeback and all the injured veterans he inspired along the way as well as other

injured people who are still struggling.  I hope he decides to retire and start a new life away from football.

We all ask the players to give it their all. Well no doubt Alex did that and made a special season where we had no right to expect one. Also he provided playoff experience for some rookies who will hopefully benefit from it in the future. Thanks Alex and congrats!

Truly an amazing and  exemplary person. Washington is very fortunate to have had him. It would be great if he stayed in Washington in some capacity  for many years.

Edited by Tarpon75
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

There's a member here, who's a doctor, who posted last summer that "no medical doctor will ever clear him to play football".

Was it you? 😂 

Edited by Tarpon75
Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

No. I know exactly who it was, but I didn't want to name him, because I did not want to call him out. It wasn't my intention.

Gotcha, You can’t blame someone for thinking Alex would never play again anyway. He defied logic.

• Like 1
On 2/7/2021 at 5:23 PM, KillBill26 said:

Well, duh.

Great story.   I will always remember the piggy back ride he gave aaron donald.

I think we all cringed when that happened. 
Alex, you are an inspiration for all who have suffered, being physical or mental. Keep being the person you are. Wish all the best for you and your family, weather with our team or not. 

6 hours ago, The Rook said:

Surprised (and a little saddened) more ES members didn't post some congratulatory comments in this thread.

:229:The Rook 

I think many of us have been congratulating him on several different threads.

• Like 1
  • Jumbo unpinned this topic