Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Biggest fan draft blunders

Now that draft season is upon us, I thought it would be a fun idea to list all the guys you've had crushes on in the past few years in the draft that you were absolutely convinced was going to be a stud only to fall short miserably. I remember thinking in 2017 how Jarrad Davis and Teez Tabor were going to be all-pros and that Adoree Jackson was going to be the next Deion Sanders. Same with Sidney Jones and Benny Snell.

6 minutes ago, Bacon said:

My wife is a TCU alum so I was super excited about Doctson after watching him for years. 

I wanted Ryan Kelly at that pick, but i think he went right before our selection. I was still happy with the doctson pick. But man, who saw that bust coming? What a disappointment. 

37 minutes ago, Bacon said:

My wife is a TCU alum so I was super excited about Doctson after watching him for years. 

You can't spell BUST without DOCTSON.... OH YES YOU CAN!!!!  fight me.  😆

1034444068.jpg.0.jpg

Edited by petey hodge
56 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Was a cycle....rg3...doctson...I remember CLAMORING to all my friends those were who I wanted early in the offseason...and we managed to get both. 

I wouldn't call RG3 a  blunder considering I think just about everyone was thrilled with him and he did prove to be legit before he got injured.

I was disappointed we didn't trade up for Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd round of 2010. I was equally disappointed we took Ryan Anderson instead of DeShone Kizer.

Did I mention that Ian Book looked pretty good last season? 😶

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I was disappointed we didn't trade up for Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd round of 2010. I was equally disappointed we took Ryan Anderson instead of DeShone Kizer.

Did I mention that Ian Book looked pretty good last season? 😶

I’m out on ND QBs.

Every second round pick since the trio of Fred Davis, Kelly Malcomb and Devin Thomas. They are the cursed trio that sent us down this spiral.

Jarvis Jenkins

David Amerson

Trent Muphy

Preston Smith

Su'a Cravens

Ryan Anderson

Derrius Guice

I've had high hopes for EVER SINGLE one of these players.  We need to exorcise this demon.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Every second round pick since the trio of Fred Davis, Kelly Malcomb and Devin Thomas. They are the cursed trio that sent us down this spiral.

Jarvis Jenkins

David Amerson

Trent Muphy

Preston Smith

Su'a Cravens

Ryan Anderson

Derrius Guice

I've had high hopes for EVER SINGLE one of these players.  We need to exorcise this demon.

Murphy and Smith don't deserve to be on this list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, carex said:

Murphy and Smith don't deserve to be on this list.

If they were still on the team maybe. But we didn't get productive careers out of them so they made my list. We got productive rookie contracts which is better than the others.

The one I'll cop to is Christian Hackenberg, which I've already explained in other threads.  Man was I wrong about him.

My call out is for certain Virginia Tech fans.  I got into a giant argument with a few of them over a decade ago about who was producing better linebackers, Penn State or Virginia Tech.  This was around the time Penn State was putting guys like Paul Pozluszny, Sean Lee, and Navorro Bowman into the NFL.  I got to hear about how much they sucked, while certain posters talked up Xavier Adibi and Vince Hall.  Predictably, those two did jack and **** in the league.

*Also, to look it up, lets not have Round 2 occurring this year.  I'm pretty comfortable taking Micah Parsons over Rayshard Ashby, thanks.

Edited by Forehead

I was adamant that it was correct for the Skins to select Russell Okung with the 4th overall pick in 2010. We drafted some guy named Trent Williams instead...

Okung is an alright player, but missing elite Trent for years would have sucked. 

Edit: Just remembered - I also wanted Vic Beasley in 2015. Would have missed out on our first All Pro in 20+ years with my idea.

Edited by Rskins91