Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Bowl LV : Predictions, Previews, Hype, Matchups, and Storylines

I have felt for a while, that this thread was much needed, and surprised it hadn't happened yet.

This of course, is not meant to be the official game day thread, but to talk about all the interesting aspects of this matchup, and the keys to the game

This has the potential to be one of the greatest Super Bowls ever. And one of the greatest QB duels ever in a SB.

I think the key to the game will be Tampa's Front 4. Will they be able to apply enough pressure on Mahomes, and quick enough, considering how dangerous he can be, when given the time. It may not be that easy, even with the KC injuries on the OL, because their OL Coach who actually used to play for us, has done an exceptional job of shifting and adjusting to the injuries.

And obviously, the Bucs secondary will need to do a decent job too. Because Mahomes can be just as dangerous, on quick passing plays under 2.5 seconds. His stats on those type of plays, are ridiculously superior. So, he doesn't necessarily need a lot of time, to be productive.

I predict that Brady will indeed be able to keep up with Mahomes, in a bit of a shootout. While Brady seems to have regressed a bit with age, he also has way more dangerous offensive weapons than he ever had. Especially if AB is healthy enough to play. If Brady can keep from turning the ball over, I think the Bucs will win it.

TB 38

KC 34

If you split Brady's career into 3 parts, the first 3 SBs, the middle decade with no SB wins but 2 losses to the Giants, and the final 3 SB wins, he'd be a HOFer 3 times and better in each of those 3 than all but 2-3 QBs.

Chiefs might pull off an upset but I wouldn't bet on it.

Brady's 37

Chiefs 31

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

If you split Brady's career into 3 parts, the first 3 SBs, the middle decade with no SB wins but 2 losses to the Giants, and the final 3 SB wins, he'd be a HOFer 3 times and better in each of those 3 than all but 2-3 QBs.

Chiefs might pull off an upset but I wouldn't bet on it.

Brady's 37

Chiefs 31

If the defending Super Bowl champs win ; that isn’t an upset. Tompa wins, that’s the upset.

I am just about as sick of seeing and hearing about Mohomes as I am Brady.

Prediction:

Lavonte David leads the Bucs to a 3 point victory.

It will be his last game with the Bucs before becoming the defensive field general for the WFT.

He then leads Washington to 2 Super Bowls in a 4 year span

If the Buccaneers win, I will very openly admit how shocked I'd be. Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers 100% distilled but playing for a team as well coached as the Patriots and with actual star receivers to throw to.

Sometime in the next few seasons, we WILL see a highlight of Mahomes throwing a 50 yard TD pass while doing doing a handstand. There's not much left for him to do besides grind his stats for the next 10 years and grow a few extra fingers to fit the rings he's going to win as long as the Chiefs don't sit around waiting for the team to rot.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:05 PM, SkinsFTW said:

'

Then after Brady wins another SB everybody will pretend that they expected it the whole time. :rofl89:

That's so true, for both the Brady Likers, as well as the Brady haters.

As far as the defending champions winning and it not being an upset,  how often has a Super Bowl Champion repeated lately ? It's been ages since that's happened. That alone shouldn't be a precedent for who is favored.

Also, Brady has never lost a playoff game to Mahomes. Brady is 1-0 head to head in the playoffs, and overall the series is even at 2 wins apiece. Mahomes has not exactly dominated Brady head to head

Brady is also surrounded by more total talent on offense and defense, than he ever was, so there's that as well.

Part of that includes their Front 4, which made even Aaron Rodgers look very average.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Well, Andy Reid’s son won’t be on the sidelines Sunday.

got into a multi-car crash (he admitted to drinking prior to the crash) and one of the kids in the other car had life-threatening injuries 

Whoa, didn't he already have a son that committed suicide, some years ago ?

Reid's got some heavy burdens to bear

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Whoa, didn't he already have a son that committed suicide, some years ago ?

Reid's got some heavy burdens to bear

I believe so, yes. And this is like, the 4th time Britt Reid has been drunk driving. I feel sorry for Andy Reid and what he and his wife must be going through, and obviously the two kids in the other car as well 😕

When it doesn't matter to me who wins or loses in the SB I usually just go ahead and root for the underdog, which to me will be Tampa Bay. I think they have a better defense but Mahomes usually wiggles his way out of tough defenses. Tampa Bay just needs to get to him and make the tackle because if they don't, it's a completed pass. 

KC 31

TB 27

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I believe so, yes. And this is like, the 4th time Britt Reid has been drunk driving. I feel sorry for Andy Reid and what he and his wife must be going through, and obviously the two kids in the other car as well 😕

One child expected to be okay, and the other one has life-threatening injuries.

I thought it was a bit odd that the Coach Mini-Reid is still in KC, hangin around their stadium, just a couple days before their SB in Tampa. I would have figured all the coaches would be in Tampa by now. But what do I know ? I'm not even a Gatorade boy for the team.

37 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

One child expected to be okay, and the other one has life-threatening injuries.

I thought it was a bit odd that the Coach Mini-Reid is still in KC, hangin around their stadium, just a couple days before their SB in Tampa. I would have figured all the coaches would be in Tampa by now. But what do I know ? I'm not even a Gatorade boy for the team.

Correct on the injuries part. 

chiefs are flying to Tampa tomorrow (Covid season rules made it so that whoever got to the super bowl couldn’t fly in until today at the earliest, tomorow at the latest. In fact, either Ian rapoport or Adam sxhefter tweeted today that the chiefs are doing everything the same as week 12 game in Tampa (flying out at the same time, staying at the same hotel). 

FWIW, it was tweeted prior to the bills chiefs game that if the bills win (obviously they didn’t), they would’ve arrived today. Chiefs plan was to fly tomorow if they were to win (which they did). And they’re flying home right after the game instead of the next morning. 

other Covid rules: players/staff can have only two people with them on the field for the SB trophy celebration 

That Reid situation is horrible and potentially a distraction to the Chiefs.  With rain in the forecast...gosh this one is hard to predict.  Everyone seems to be on the Chiefs, for good reason because their offense is exceptional, but I could see this being an ugly game (and the under being a bet).  Don't forget the Bucs are playing in their home stadium.  I'm gonna say Bucs 28- Chiefs 24.

Looks like the rain may end before the game starts.

This story about Edelman and Bellichick bumping into each other a couple times including the hot tub, early in Edelman's career, literally had me physically cracking up and wanting to re-watch this video over and over ; if only for the hilarious drawing renditions.

@Bang would be proud of the drawings in this story.

Archived