Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Green Bay Football Team vs Tampa Bay Football Team

TK

Message added by TK,

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 6.20.22 PM.png

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

weren't a big fan of Jordan either back in the day were you?  

I don't watch the NBA.

As if Aaron Rodgers hasn't been hyped (but UNABLE TO DELIVER) for over a decade now.  How would a Green Bay Super Bowl have been better?  

What are you whining about?

You apparently got the outcome you wanted. Be happy.

Stop worrying others here aren't happy with you.

It's unbecoming.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Refs are human and make mistakes. You all have been watching football for decades and still can’t understand how difficult it is to make a judgement call in half a second in a world when people still can’t even agree on things like if a color is blue or purple. 

Makes much more sense that the NFL is risking their entire credibility and future as a professional sports league to “call down” what penalties they want to make to orchestrate a super bowl appearance for a particular QB (that they’ve clashed with in the past) playing for a small market team with a small fanbase. 

It’s ****ing lunacy 

I can see that...if they hadn't waited so long to throw that flag. They let it go all game, saw it this time, thought about it and tossed the flag to alter the course of the game. They did it for Brady, I hope he gets embarrassed at the SB.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Packers didn't capitalize on 3 Brady picks. 

They lost when they were in the red zone & targeted Adams 3 straight times

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin said:

some people are consumed by envy, I get it, it's OK. We're here for you.  

People need to get Patriots "hate" was never about the Pats but about Brady.  Like who gives a crap about the Pats now? It's always been Tom.  You can either respect a la Jordan or you can let yourself be one of those lame contrarians.  Just because some normies are bandwagoners doesn't mean the rest of us who were there since the beginning in terms of our assessment of his abilities can't take pleasure in constant and lifelong vindication 😜

Got nothing to do with not recognizing his greatness, I know he's the best ever.

I've lived in Massachusetts my entire 45 years on earth so the last 20 I've had to listen to the most arrogant fans on the planet yap incessantly. 

That's what I'm sick of is listening to them endlessly brag and in a year where the patriots sucked I still gotta listen to it because of tom Brady.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I can see that...if they hadn't waited so long to throw that flag. They let it go all game, saw it this time, thought about it and tossed the flag to alter the course of the game. They did it for Brady, I hope he gets embarrassed at the SB.

This.  That flag came long after the play.  That’s garbage.  The refs knew what they were doing there. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

lol sure that’s exactly what happened. And after decades of cheating for Tom Brady not a single person has come forward to confess or rat on anyone? 

Lol sure man. Sounds like you got to this conclusion with logic and reason 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TK said:

They lost when they were in the red zone & targeted Adams 3 straight times

That was idiotic.  One pass, I get it.  But it's almost like you're trying to salve a massive ego (Adams) in a big game.  

I don't think Rodgers has it anymore. Which sucks, because Mahomes in his prime vs. Rodgers in his prime would be 100% pure joy to watch. But Rodgers is slowly washing up. He'll take you to the playoffs, but he doesn't have the magic anymore.

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Got nothing to do with not recognizing his greatness, I know he's the best ever.

I've lived in Massachusetts my entire 45 years on earth so the last 20 I've had to listen to the most arrogant fans on the planet yap incessantly. 

That's what I'm sick of is listening to them endlessly brag and in a year where the patriots sucked I still gotta listen to it because of tom Brady.

Red Sox fans are the ****ing worst.

• Like 1

Refs aside; wasn’t it 28-10 at one point? Then you get Tom to make 3 interceptions and you only capitalize on that once. Plus, kicking that field goal was a mistake.

Considering how weak the NFC north is; Green Bay will be back next year to disappoint again.

lol sure that’s exactly what happened. And after decades of cheating for Tom Brady not a single person has come forward to confess or rat on anyone? 

Lol sure man. Sounds like you got to this conclusion with logic and reason 

C'mon, dude. Are you saying the refs don't favor Brady? You're saying its more likely that they don't, rather than they do? Seriously...? I thought the tuck rule would at least move the needle for most people.

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Refs aside; wasn’t it 28-10 at one point? Then you get Tom to make 3 interceptions and you only capitalize on that once. Plus, kicking that field goal was a mistake.

Considering how weak the NFC north is; Green Bay will be back next year to disappoint again.

WFT will make sure the Packers never make it that far. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, carex said:

in a down year for football Tom Brady gets a chance to win his seventh Super Bowl, in his new home stadium because of a late ass penalty flag.

The NFL better be ready for a ton of conspiracy theories and those refs better have a ton of security after this game

Flags happen.   Late flags are bull**** don't get me wrong,  but in the long run, especially after our playoff game vs brady...Brady really is that good and I think he earned this win. 

Just now, Simmsy said:

C'mon, dude. Are you saying the refs don't favor Brady? You're saying its more likely that they don't, rather than they do? Seriously...? I thought the tuck rule would at least move the needle for most people.

the tuck rule was a correctly called rule that nobody was aware of. Thats not an example of bad reffing and Brady was an unknown at that point. There was no reason to favor him. 

Brady gets protected by refs on hits and started a lot of the QB protection rules. But no, there is no widespread conspiracy to favor Brady and give him all the calls or, quite literally, throw a flag purposely to seal a game for him. 

that’s just tin foil lunacy and ignorance. The NFL is far bigger than Tom Brady and they aren’t going to risk their competitive legitimacy which is the foundation of their entire multi-billion dollar sport  to favor one person when history shows, their machine will roll along no matter who is in the super bowl 

the tuck rule was a correctly called rule that nobody was aware of. Thats not an example of bad reffing and Brady was an unknown at that point. There was no reason to favor him. 

Brady gets protected by refs on hits and started a lot of the QB protection rules. But no, there is no widespread conspiracy to favor Brady and give him all the calls or, quite literally, throw a flag purposely to seal a game for him. 

that’s just tin foil lunacy and ignorance. The NFL is far bigger than Tom Brady and they aren’t going to risk their competitive legitimacy which is the foundation of their entire multi-billion dollar sport  to favor one person when history shows, their machine will roll along no matter who is in the super bowl 

So you admit he gets protection for hits, why wouldn't the refs throw a ticky tacky flag to favor him as well? As for the legitimacy of the NFL, we still watch, they know people will still watch. The legitimacy of the NFL has been in question for a long time, this happens every year. However, as fans, there is nothing we can do besides not watch. Hell, the MLB knows the Astros cheated and the MLB has done nothing to protect it's legitimacy. 

You can't look at officiating this inconsistent and call it human error, it just doesn't add up. Especially when it seems to favor one person/team over everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So you admit he gets protection for hits, why wouldn't the refs throw a ticky tacky flag to favor him as well? As for the legitimacy of the NFL, we still watch, they know people will still watch. The legitimacy of the NFL has been in question for a long time, this happens every year. However, as fans, there is nothing we can do besides not watch. Hell, the MLB knows the Astros cheated and the MLB has done nothing to protect it's legitimacy. 

You can't look at officiating this inconsistent and call it human error, it just doesn't add up. Especially when it seems to favor one person/team over everyone else.

no they protect all QBs is what I said. Brady has been on the bad end of terrible calls many many times in big games. You just don’t remember them because of whatever confirmation bias you have. Bad calls happen both ways.used to see this every week when I was in game day threads. Bad call against Washington? Meltdown. Bad call against other team? “Meh I’ll take it.” And thus starts the narrative. Every team feels that way and Bucs fans have calls theyre pissed about this game too. 

So no, refs are not throwing flags to help a particular player win. That’s an insane and ignorant belief 

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

no they protect all QBs is what I said. Brady has been on the bad end of terrible calls many many times in big games. You just don’t remember them because of whatever confirmation bias you have. Bad calls happen both ways.used to see this every week when I was in game day threads. Bad call against Washington? Meltdown. Bad call against other team? “Meh I’ll take it.” And thus starts the narrative. Every team feels that way and Bucs fans have calls theyre pissed about this game too. 

So no, refs are not throwing flags to help a particular player win. That’s an insane and ignorant belief 

Wait, so not only do you think that Brady doesn't get calls, but he's treated equally to other QB? Thats an insane and ignorant belief. 

When we do get a call our way that we shouldn't, I don't say thats the right call. I'll say "I'll take it", because I'm at home in a chair. There isn't anything I can do about it, but I acknowledge the bad call for what it is, a bad call. Brady gets a lot his way.

Obviously I'm a homer and recognize there aren't any moral victories, but it seemed to me WFT gave the Bucs their biggest challenge of their 3 road playoff games. Not bad for one of the supposed worst teams to make the playoffs in NFL history.

Edited by MonkFan8
  • Like 4