Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I assume that a lot of players taking tags and one year FA deals is because of the cap likely going way up next year due to the new TV deals?

Most of it's about the $$$$.  There is some team loyalty when you are playing for a winning organization but mostly about the cabbage. 

42 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Didn't he struggle with an injury for some of the season?  Maybe the team knows he can be better and it wasn't a long term issue.

Yes he did. Groin injury for most of the season to the point he missed practice(s) in November. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/football-teams-dustin-hopkins-misses-practice-with-groin-injury/

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Spoken by someone who clearly didn’t do their research. And two people actually liking this crap is scary too.

I love the comedic input you bring to the board. Some of the most entertaining posts on here. 

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

You linked a one year old article. Agholor actually had a pretty good 2020 season with the Raiders.

I didn't mention 2020. Yes, he was average at his best in a contract year. Fools gold. He's been a joke up until then. 

And 900 yards is not what we need. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Interesting. So no activity between Lynch and Trent in SF ?

So it looks like Trent is going to hit the market.

Not saying we should, or will, go after him. But as a fan, it will be entertaining to watch the whole league throw globs of money at him.

Because he's an asshole. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I love the comedic input you bring to the board. Some of the most entertaining posts on here. 

I didn't mention 2020. Yes, he was average at his best in a contract year. Fools gold. He's been a joke up until then. 

And 900 yards is not what we need. 

Because he's an asshole. 

Hey, don't sugar coat it! Tell us how you really feel about it! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Interesting. So no activity between Lynch and Trent in SF ?

So it looks like Trent is going to hit the market.

Not saying we should, or will, go after him. But as a fan, it will be entertaining to watch the whole league throw globs of money at him.

Wherever Trent goes teams lose...and he finds a way to get hurt during the middle of it all. 

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

So the Dolphins wouldn’t draft Najee Harris with the 18th pick in the draft probably. 

We are on a collision course with Miami for the 2022 season Super Bowl...40 years after we beat them in SB XVll.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Maybe they pan out, maybe they don’t—but having guys like Harmon, AGG, and Steven Sims active on game day should not be plan A, B, or C, ideally. Cam Sims seems like a good depth guy but that’s about it. 

Looking at Turners offense and comparing it to the current guys WFT has 1 WR at the Z in McLovin, 1 TE in Logan at the Y, and ZERO complimentary starter at the Z.  That basic 2 WR set has to be addressed 1st.  All the other WR formation options in multiple WRsets are below NFL starter caliber.  The idea of filling a second slot guy in a Y or H with what's on the roster was rarely up to par.  Sims Jr and Harmon and the others are not satisfactory options in the slot and Sims is Definitely not NFL caliber WR 3 at the Z.  Arguing here for this same point as they need 3 receivers at WR2,3/TE2 for the most basic positional formations. 

AGG is a rookie again in year 2 and has never stretched a defense.  At best he'll be a WR3 at the Z in 300+ snaps.  They can create a slot guy outside Thomas at the Y but there's nobody on the roster to be the Z.  They'll try and add a WR in FA for either Y or Z, but not both...gotta draft the other one.  $.02

• Like 3

Lol the Saints should have just made it 4 years $1 billion dollars to thumb their nose at everyone.  They're pretty much making a mockery of the cap.  Wonder if this will lead to the NFL putting in more language about voidable years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, drowland said:

Lol the Saints should have just made it 4 years $1 billion dollars to thumb their nose at everyone.  They're pretty much making a mockery of the cap.  Wonder if this will lead to the NFL putting in more language about voidable years.

Probably, but nothing they can do about it this year. 

11 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Nelson Agholor is gonna be a big time no from me dawg. I remember all the jokes coming from the Eagles fans about his drop rate and not caring about playing football. Eagles decided to just not have an NFL receiver on their active roster last year, instead of paying him.

I'd rather sign a 45yo DJax.

Really good college player.  He turned into a different guy in LV.  Touted for his leadership, too.    He wasn't that bad in Philly.  It was just his last year there was a bad year including the drops.  The two previous years he came just short of 100 catches each year with about a 65% catch rate which is really good.

If we don't want to break the bank on a receiver, he'd be IMO one of the better gets.  He's a real deep threat.  Can play slot or Z. 

Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 6.15.27 PM.png

• Thanks 6

I'm sure Ron & Co will swing on some of these big names on offense but I think teams like the Jags and Fins will come swinging with bigger bats.  The Jags know what QB they got coming and have tons of cap and know they have to upgrade their weapons for Trevor to have success.  They're not afraid of over spending.