Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

A couple reports on TE's

Tremble is certainly my favorite target, but from this list I do like Bates and Yeboah in the later rounds. 

Oops, just realized this wasn't the draft thread lol. 

Edited by duffy

I guess at TE, the main consideration is how Logan Thomas is viewed, Rivera really hyped him up, and 2020 does appear like a breakout season. If they think he is good enough to be a #1 TE in this system, we aren’t going out and paying someone else 8-10mil per year. The draft route is a solid one if he is looked at as that true #1.

6 hours ago, duffy said:

Tremble is certainly my favorite target, but from this list I do like Bates and Yeboah in the later rounds. 

Oops, just realized this wasn't the draft thread lol. 

Sorry for the confusion ; my thinking was that some of these guys will probably end up undrafted and become Free Agents

24 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I guess at TE, the main consideration is how Logan Thomas is viewed, Rivera really hyped him up, and 2020 does appear like a breakout season. If they think he is good enough to be a #1 TE in this system, we aren’t going out and paying someone else 8-10mil per year. The draft route is a solid one if he is looked at as that true #1.

Maybe we should also draft a QB, not to play QB, but to convert to TE.

Since that conversion went so well with Thomas, and might be a potential possibility that other teams overlook in some players.

Presents an interesting exercise ; which college QB prospect, would do well as a TE ? 

Maybe Feleipe Franks is the closest thing to that ?

And it doesn't necessarily need to work out as well as Thomas, since LT may end up staying #1, and we may just look for a #2 and 3

Just thinking out loud, as silly as it may seem ;)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe we should also draft a QB, not to play QB, but to convert to TE.

Since that conversion went so well with Thomas, and might be a potential possibility that other teams overlook in some players.

Presents an interesting exercise ; which college QB prospect, would do well as a TE ? 

Maybe Feleipe Franks is the closest thing to that ?

I like where you are thinking with the 6'6" Franks. I was really hoping he could have showed something in the Senior Bowl but he didn't. I question if he is really athletic enough to move to TE. Yeah he can move but he isn't really smooth and seems limited where Thomas moves with ease.

• Like 1

I don't know if there has been any previous discussion about another Zach -- Zach Pascal. Pascal is a RFA this year. He is the Z receiver for the Colts. He had 44 receptions for 629 yards, 5 TDs and an average of 14.3 yards per game. He also is considered to be one of the best WR blockers in the league.

His base salary last  year was $750,000 with no bonuses. I expect the Colts to try to resign him, so the cost will go up some from last year, but it is highly likely we could get a strong Z receiver to go with McLaurin at a very good price. Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Pascal and Heinicke were teammates at ODU in 2014.

The Heinicke to Pascal combo added up to 59 Receptions and 7 TD's, that year alone. And that was just Pascal's first full-time year playing in college !

Reunite the deadly Monarch Duo, in Washington !

Receiver Pascal can float like an ODU Monarch Butterfly

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Unless you have a Kelce type it makes sense to have two good TEs.

9 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Pass..zach ertz please

9 hours ago, mhd24 said:

He's close to done.  He's always been a pass catcher and is not a blocker whatsoever.  If he came cheap, sure.  

9 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

He's washed at this point. He also doesn't block at all.

Speaking of Kelce, Tight Ends, and Eagles...

How about Kelce's brother that plays for the Eagles.

Let's see if he can catch, and then convert him to TE...Obviously we already know he can block ;)

Kelce.jpg

On 2/27/2021 at 3:36 AM, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

They proved themselves to at least some degree with Thomas. I mean did any of us think he could be a good TE last year...I was more than a little skeptical.

IMO another TE that is a both capable of blocking and be a legitimate weapon is needed.

I would love to know where they stand on T Moss as he has worked out for an entire year preparing for training camp. I must admit, I had kinda forgot about him until reading a recent article.

• Like 1

If we are going to roll with Heiny or Allen next year wouldn't it make sense to give them another TE as a bigger target over the middle to help them out? Remember how nice it was to have both Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis on the field together? I could see Logan Thomas and Njoku forming a similar kind of tandem should we be able to land him. It shouldn't be too hard to find another TE with the cap money available....adding a TE and another impact WR just about covers all the bases on offense as far as weapons in the passing game.

12 hours ago, DWinzit said:

They proved themselves to at least some degree with Thomas. I mean did any of us think he could be a good TE last year...I was more than a little skeptical.

IMO another TE that is a both capable of blocking and be a legitimate weapon is needed.

I would love to know where they stand on T Moss as he has worked out for an entire year preparing for training camp. I must admit, I had kinda forgot about him until reading a recent article.

Someone posted (prolly sip) that Moss is in the plans for next year. He does bring a FB, HB, TE3 role that's exciting. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

With what's transpired between alex and ron/Washington will free agents actually wanna play here 

Hasn't Smith said that his words were taken in the wrong context, Rivera back from Holidays today, should see Smith's release and hopefully new deal for Sherff soon. 

• Like 2