Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, UK Skins said:

Rivera did say they were looking to bring some vets in though so what do we think? FS, CB, LB? RB maybe? Sounds like this forum are ruling out WR, OL and TE.....

There’s another aspect of bringing in veteran FA’s at this point and that’s competition and depth. Too much focus seems to be on ‘starter’. Competition is key in that players practice harder, study harder, etc. when there’s competition pushing them from behind; especially in positions that have questionable starter / depth ability. 
Two positions on the defense I think could use more competition / depth is safety and linebacker. I was a little uneasy when I heard Del Rio say he didn’t have a ‘set’ position for Jamin Davis. That tells me the LB position is still in flux from last year. Safety, we have some good try-hard guys but who will nail down the free safety spot?  Will Landon Collins return to form from his injury?  He’s pretty pricey too and is sounding like he’s telling coaches what to do and not the other way around. I think another vet in both of those positions is warranted. 
Two positions on offense that could use competition / depth is TE and RB. Is Gibson fully healed?  Do we want another Gibson prototype back-up? Can we improve our goal line running game?  TE is also an area that could use depth. What if Logan Thomas gets injured and Bates isn’t ready?  Also, we have a lot of youth and inexperience at TE as LT is the oldest with 7 years exp. and he has really only had one good year of production.  His 72 receptions in 2020 was really phenomenal but he had only 35 receptions the previous 6 seasons. The remaining six players on our roster that make up our TE corps have a combined career total of just 4 receptions. Maybe we have to bring in another vet?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsharrin55 said:

He wasn't trade to this point cause no one wants to pay the 8.5 mill.  I'm not helping the Eagle draft position to pay that much at this point.

What you wouldn’t flip a 4th and 5th with them to secure the rights to Ertz? I would easily do that move.

The FA market set top TE money at 12.5mil p/y minimum so I would say that is worth a go, personally. Our TE position is a disaster waiting to happen without one more solid addition. IMO.

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Ertz with more FAs will be released in the coming week or so.  RR and Co. said that he was going to wait till then and vet FA signing will happen in recent interviews he has had.  There probably will be no official signings until the compensatory pick period is over which is generally around 10 days after the draft.

I don’t think Ertz would factor into the comp pick calculation as he won’t be a FA on an expired contract. It’ll either be trade or he will be a street FA following his release.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 1

10. Deon Yelder, Western Kentucky — Athletic move tight end who is slightly undersized at 6-3, 250 pounds. A one-year wonder who racked up 52 catches for 688 yards and seven scores last season. Had five catches on targets of 20-plus yards, which ranked second among draft-eligible tight ends. Also notched the third-most yards out of the slot with 412. Drops were an issue with six on 69 targets. Yelder's athleticism and pass-catching ability make him an intriguing deep name to know for fantasy.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-ranking-the-top-fantasy-tight-ends-in-the-2018-draft-class

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mh86 said:

I'm glad they are trying to find some players at the TE position. That's a good sign.

What's unique about it is there are looking outside the used box of players.  I like that concept.  It's different.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

What's unique about it is there are looking outside the used box of players.  I like that concept.  It's different.  

Yes I couldn't agree more, it's very refreshing. 

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love for WFT to sign Kerryon Johnson unless there is some underlying injury we don't know about (i.e., concussions and many).  Like him a lot and he was in the same draft we drafted the LSU RB Guice in. 

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Love for WFT to sign Kerryon Johnson unless there is some underlying injury we don't know about (i.e., concussions and many).  Like him a lot and he was in the same draft we drafted the LSU RB Guice in. 

Will be interesting to see if anyone tries to claim him on waivers. Looks like he's scheduled to make $1,366,869 in 2021. Which is okay. You can always try and see if he clears and try and sign him for less.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

10. Deon Yelder, Western Kentucky — Athletic move tight end who is slightly undersized at 6-3, 250 pounds. A one-year wonder who racked up 52 catches for 688 yards and seven scores last season. Had five catches on targets of 20-plus yards, which ranked second among draft-eligible tight ends. Also notched the third-most yards out of the slot with 412. Drops were an issue with six on 69 targets. Yelder's athleticism and pass-catching ability make him an intriguing deep name to know for fantasy.

https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-football-ranking-the-top-fantasy-tight-ends-in-the-2018-draft-class

Yelder’s got a nifty juke.  Get him on McLaurin’s catching regime.

2 hours ago, RWJ said:

I thought Rivera mentioned Collins playing linebacker?  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Yelder’s got a nifty juke.  Get him on McLaurin’s catching regime.

I thought Rivera mentioned Collins playing linebacker?  

I heard him say the same thing.  It will be interesting to see how RR and JDR work things out on D.  Of course, RR has final say on ALL things but there was a video I saw of Landon Collins and he's lost a lot of weight and it's noticeable.  I'm guessing to speed up his game.  We shall see.

• Like 2