Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

On 2/19/2021 at 3:58 PM, kingdaddy said:

Get this guy....

I'd pass. If you are going to pay a LB big bucks in a 4-3, it should be for a true middle linebacker, which Milano is not. I'd rather stick Collins at the WILL or resign KPL for 1/3rd of the cost of Milano

On 2/19/2021 at 6:04 PM, Darth Tater said:

Lighter case of Swearinger syndrome?

No because he had one stint playing for Rivera and then Hurney/Rivera brought him back in 2019 before Hurney gave him a long term deal in the prior offseason. This is a guy they know well who they can bring in on a 1 year 4M or less type of deal if they choose to. (Per PFF, he is coming off a bad year, however)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, method man said:

I'd pass. If you are going to pay a LB big bucks in a 4-3, it should be for a true middle linebacker, which Milano is not. I'd rather stick Collins at the WILL or resign KPL for 1/3rd of the cost of Milano

No because he had one stint playing for Rivera and then Hurney/Rivera brought him back in 2019 before Hurney gave him a long term deal in the prior offseason. This is a guy they know well who they can bring in on a 1 year 4M or less type of deal if they choose to. (Per PFF, he is coming off a bad year, however)

What do you think of Bud Dupree?

Edited by kingdaddy
added something

Samuel is a good target.  He's young (24) and the FO/staff is clearly familiar with him.  Plus, Carolina is trying to save money for a potential QB run.  I'd rather have him as a cheaper option than Arob, Galloday (don't want him because of the injury concerns/cost), or Godwin (Would love him, but he's going to be franchised).

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Samuel is a good target.  He's young (24) and the FO/staff is clearly familiar with him.  Plus, Carolina is trying to save money for a potential QB run.  I'd rather have him as a cheaper option than Arob, Galloday (don't want him because of the injury concerns/cost), or Godwin (Would love him, but he's going to be franchised).

Allen Robinson is still my top choice for a free agent wide receiver but with our quarterback situation being unsettled I don't know if we have a realistic chance of getting him.  Curtis Samuel would be a good addition as long as the team is comfortable playing him primarily outside.  I think he played outside and in the slot in Carolina so he is versatile but the draft seems loaded with promising slot receivers so I would prefer to focus on a receiver that can pair outside with Terry in free agency.  Based on their history together Samuel could be that guy.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd dig it.

Yes to Samuel.

I scouted him heavily in 2020.

Actually, to be honest, my 2020 'heavy' scouting of Samuel, consisted of one game, as I lamented at his dominance over us, when we played Carolina.

So that was heavy scouting by me, as in, his playing weighed heavy on my emotions, when we lost that game.

But I'm sold anyway.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

WR Jeffrey getting cut by Philly.

I have no interest in signing a 31 y/o WR, but it is good for us as it adds another fish into the pond.

Jeffrey is more of a jellyfish at this point....can't separate at all and has little speed left. 

• Haha 2

Samuel has certainly seemed like the obvious pick up for us all along, I hope we land him.  Fits in a number of ways, we’ll just have to wait to find out about the one that probably matters most - how Rivera feels about his character.

I feel like what he brings to the table - inside/outside play, and LOS plays - could be a bit of a force multiplier for us.  I’m not sure how much he pulls coverage from McLaurin, but he should at least help Logan Thomas and our backs, in addition to the production he brings.  

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I wonder if Luke Keuchly would consider coming out of retirement --- and if he did, if the Panthers would trade him to us to play for Ron ala the Patriots with Gronk.

I know he's probably gone ala Andrew Luck, but that would be kind of cool.

I posted earlier that I think he would make a great coach.

And it's not a random assessment. I am very convinced of it.

I'd love to have Jonnu Smith. Just depends on the price. But we only have Logan Thomas under contract for 1-2 more years I think. Also gives you some time to groom Thad Moss as a TE3 if he can come into camp healthy. Think one of the beat guys recently made it sound like the team is pretty high on him and expect him to be an option in 2021.

As someone who had Jonnu in a couple leagues this past year, it was really frustrating to see them go away from him on a regular basis. But when he was featured he was a beast.

Adding Jonnu would be the equivalent to adding a tier-2 WR for me. Him and Thomas on the field at the same time would be pretty impactful.

Some TE projections from Spotrac:

Hunter Henry: 4 years, $44m (11APY)

Jonnu Smith: 5 years, $40m (8 APY)

Gerald Everett: 3 years, $22m (7m APY)

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins

Logan Thomas, team might have to consider if he is worth a slight contract extension, he was very integral to the offense last season, granted the addition of more weapons may impact that, but I would certainly consider looking after him now, especially if we go out and give a bigger contract to a FA TE as well. 

Slight raise in money and a couple of years tagged on would be my thinking.

• Like 1