Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

I hope we look to target younger players in free agency, mainly coming off their rookie deals. Even those with mixed/underwhelming production deserve a look if the deal can be relatively low value. Low risk/high reward and all that....options, with current age in brackets...

JuJu (WR 24)

Samuel (WR 24)

Corey Davis (WR 26)

Kendrick Bourne (WR 25)

Jonnu Smith (TE 25)

Jayon Brown (LB 25)

Anthony Walker Jr (LB 25)

Jarrad Davis (LB 26)

Raekwon McMillan (LB 25)

Kamalei Correa (LB 26)

Malik Hooker (FS 24)

Don’t expect OL but Cam Robinson (OT 25) and Forrest Lamp (OG 26). Can’t believe we didn’t go after Daryl Williams last season.

Kicker - Younghoe Koo (26) although some sites imply he’s a restricted FA.

To clarify, I do not think all of these are currently great players. Simply options, including low risk flyers on the right deal....

• Like 5

I can't believe Hooker is only 24. It feels like he's been around for a while. That was the same draft as Adams, right? 

Landing him on a prove it deal would be huge for us, especially since I doubt we're going hard for a FS. Reaves was good, when the defense was playing well I suppose.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Jayon Brown (LB 25)

Anthony Walker Jr (LB 25)

Jarrad Davis (LB 26)

Raekwon McMillan (LB 25)

Kamalei Correa (LB 26)

Malik Hooker (FS 24)

To clarify, I do not think all of these are currently great players. Simply options, including low risk flyers on the right deal....

Nothing like a good Hooker on a prove it deal

Similar to Hooker, another defender coming off an achilles that could be cut that would be a great get for WFT....Kwon Alexander. 

I have liked you LB list and would be great to grab Brown,Walker or Davis. Davis is the most gifted but just can't get it together. 

Edited by DWinzit
spelling correction
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This makes a lot of sense. DE depth is a need and I’m not surprised to see we are going to target former SF players 

I would definitely expect a vet DB to come in from SF. They have a ton as free agents, very mixed ability, but I could see a move there.

Did a little digging on Hyder as I haven't really heard of him before. He's 6'2 270 ... 29 year old journeyman UDFA. Started with Jets, then Lions for several years on PS ... one year in Dallas in 2019. Had 8.5 sacks last year for San Francisco. He also had 8 sacks for Detroit in 2016.

Kind of what I would expect/want as a short-term, low dollar deal to be a backup DE. We need a few of these signings at various positions (DE, CB?, LB) ... losing Kerrigan and Anderson will mean we have to back-fill those two spots, so if one is a cheap veteran deal with some decent production, works for me.

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Did a little digging on Hyder as I haven't really heard of him before. He's 6'2 270 ... 29 year old journeyman UDFA. Started with Jets, then Lions for several years on PS ... one year in Dallas in 2019. Had 8.5 sacks last year for San Francisco. He also had 8 sacks for Detroit in 2016.

Kind of what I would expect/want as a short-term, low dollar deal to be a backup DE. We need a few of these signings at various positions (DE, CB?, LB) ... losing Kerrigan and Anderson will mean we have to back-fill those two spots, so if one is a cheap veteran deal with some decent production, works for me.

I like the idea of drafting DE on day 3 like last year. Maybe day 2 depending on circumstances.

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I like the idea of drafting DE on day 3 like last year. Maybe day 2 depending on circumstances.

Yep. Same. I think Smith-Williams seems to be as close to a roster lock as a 7th rounder can be. But that leaves us with 3 DEs as likely 53-man under contract. So I think we bring in 2. Probably address it in the draft if it lines up as BPA on Day 3 to compete but would also expect a couple options to come in via FA.

53 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Yep. Same. I think Smith-Williams seems to be as close to a roster lock as a 7th rounder can be. But that leaves us with 3 DEs as likely 53-man under contract. So I think we bring in 2. Probably address it in the draft if it lines up as BPA on Day 3 to compete but would also expect a couple options to come in via FA.

What about Casey toohill?

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I can't believe Hooker is only 24. It feels like he's been around for a while.

The last thing this team needs after the multiple cheerleader scandals is to hire Hooker. For goodness sakes, we're trying to change the culture here!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

You know it’s getting close to the real offseason when Tre Boston is released.

When it comes to FA, Boston is one of the more interesting players out there. He's a good player who has been on a number of 1 year deals the last several seasons. Looked like he'd finally found a home in Carolina but alas that is not the case

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't studied Milano but I like what i've read about him.

So I don't study like some of you, but it sounds to me he's more new age LB like Jayon Brown.  Decent run stoppers, better coverage type.  I think we could use a more traditional LB and a coverage type, depending on the cost.

Marcus Williams has been insanely productive. You'd have to think if New Orleans wasn't in cap hell that he would get franchise tagged. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WillMa06.htm

Before his 25th birthday he's already amassed 13 ints and 30 pass deflections. The guy is only 24 years old. In my opinion, the only way to really justify signing him though is to cut Landon Collins after June 1st. It's just extremely irresponsible to have two high paid safeties back there. 

37 minutes ago, method man said:

When it comes to FA, Boston is one of the more interesting players out there. He's a good player who has been on a number of 1 year deals the last several seasons. Looked like he'd finally found a home in Carolina but alas that is not the case

He’s interesting only because he’s never found a home. He could be on, what, his 5th team? And he’s always been at the very worst serviceable.