Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

5 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Hopeful prove it deal for Hooker is probably my second choice.

Hooker is my #1 choice for FS due to high ceiling and lower cost than MM and MW.  Not that I'm advocating for low cost hookers.  

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

Why outright release though?

How was he not worth something in a trade?

I haven't read anything on it, but I'm guessing watt went to the owner and said "considering all I've done for this city and this franchise, can you do me a solid and release me instead of trading me so I can choose my next team.". Most owners would've said no, but maybe houston is looking to repair the organizations reputation / culture.  Bc you are right, even a declining watt at a big salary could've fetched a midround pick.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Hooker is my #1 choice for FS due to high ceiling and lower cost than MM and MW.  Not that I'm advocating for low cost hookers.  

I haven't read anything on it, but I'm guessing watt went to the owner and said "considering all I've done for this city and this franchise, can you do me a solid and release me instead of trading me so I can choose my next team.". Most owners would've said no, but maybe houston is looking to repair the organizations reputation / culture.  Bc you are right, even a declining watt at a big salary could've fetched a midround pick.

Or he has a video of Easterby and McNair "praying together".

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ball Security said:

Can’t see how they have the money to do that and bring back their guys.

I can see him going to Pittsburgh.

I know both of his brothers are there, but pitt has two productive d ends already, and big ben has one meh year left.  I think green bay makes more sense, he played at wisc, and due to their need at d end, and rodgers still playing at a high level.  Sign a 1 or 2 year deal there, then maybe unite with his brothers somewhere.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Watt was released so he could go to whatever team he wants, Houston management did him a favor so he could go to a contender.

Correct.

34 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

I know both of his brothers are there, but pitt has two productive d ends already, and big ben has one meh year left.  I think green bay makes more sense, he played at wisc, and due to their need at d end, and rodgers still playing at a high level.  Sign a 1 or 2 year deal there, then maybe unite with his brothers somewhere.

Having the best DE and the best QB on the same team, let alone in GB? When has that ever worked? 😳😳😜

• Haha 1

LINEBACKER: K.J. WRIGHT

Projected contract: Two years, $12 million ($6 million guaranteed)

Wright has been a consistent performer in every facet of play throughout his 10-year career. He did have a down year in 2019 following an injury-riddled 2018 season, but Wright still ranked 36th in the league in PFF grade and bounced right back to form in 2020.

Wright was the sixth-most valuable off-ball linebacker in the NFL in 2020, according to PFF WAR. He actually generated three times as much WAR as fellow free agent linebackers Matt Milano and Jayon Brown, who are projected to receive a much, much bigger contract this offseason.

Obviously, age is a key reason for this, but Wright is showing no signs of decline and outplaying those in their prime.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2021-nfl-free-agency-most-underrated-free-agent-at-every-position

• Like 6

I'd like to see us lock down Scherff, Allen and Darby. Maybe even extend whoever else we can and see what it looks like in FA for some key positions on this defense. If JDR can get the LBers and FS he needs to finish this masterpiece we are going to be in for some seriously fun defense.

• Like 3