Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

Player has to be willing too.  They know the same thing the team knows.

When was the last time we signed one of our own before they were on their option or FTed? It seems to always be a "well, let's see how you do THIS year" approach.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I think I'm actually more concerned with the implications that has, on Allen, as opposed to Scherff.

Allen and Settle are up in 2022.

Sweat and Daron in 2023.

Signing all these guys will be tough, not because we won't be able to afford it, but each will command a decent amount of money. Sweat will be severely underpaid in 2022 with his numbers. He might hold out. 

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

When was the last time we signed one of our own before they were on their option or FTed? It seems to always be a "well, let's see how you do THIS year" approach.

I'm not saying they shouldn't try, but players also have to come to the table.  Maybe WFT doesn't go there, IDK. 

Just now, Mooka said:

Allen and Settle are up in 2022.

Sweat and Daron in 2023.

Signing all these guys will be tough, not because we won't be able to afford it, but each will command a decent amount of money. Sweat will be severely underpaid in 2022 with his numbers. He might hold out. 

Allen's 5th year takes him through this year (2021) off the books as of now in 2022.

Payne's 5th year takes him through next year (2022) off the books as of now in 2023.

Sweat's 5th year takes him through 2023 off the books by 2024.

Young's 5th year takes him through 2024 off the books by 2025.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Lol right now our corners are Fuller and Moreland and no one else. 

Talent-wise our corners are the polar opposite of our front 4.

Sweat would be 2024 since he was also a first, no?

Moreau lol

• Haha 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Unless OBJ just isn't smart, I have to think that (if this tweet means anything or is intended to mean anything) that he is being traded BACK to the Giants. Where else would he be having a 2nd act?

LSU. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Sweat would be 2024 since he was also a first, no?

Yea I forgot we traded up.

He'll have a 5th year option. 

I assume one o these guys will play hardball for a new contract if they perform this year. 

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Allen's 5th year takes him through this year (2021) off the books as of now in 2022.

Payne's 5th year takes him through next year (2022) off the books as of now in 2023.

Sweat's 5th year takes him through 2023 off the books by 2024.

Young's 5th year takes him through 2024 off the books by 2025.

So Allen and Payne have passed the 3 years and could do new deals this offseason.

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/how-nfls-rookie-wage-scale-restricts-a-player-like-drew-lock-from-future-earnings

1 minute ago, Mooka said:

I assume one o these guys will play hardball for a new contract if they perform this year. 

You know, my stance against trading any of these guys to this point has been because I think we should try to keep them together and pay them.

With that said, I guarantee one of them is going to want to get to the free agent market and not extend here. And if we get a sense that's gonna happen, yeah, trade them for what you can now. Allen might want to stay home since he's from Ashburn. I wonder if Payne is the odd man out. Guess we'll see in the next year or so.

8 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Unless OBJ just isn't smart, I have to think that (if this tweet means anything or is intended to mean anything) that he is being traded BACK to the Giants. Where else would he be having a 2nd act?

Maybe NY in general and the Jets?

Could be a Odell f up too idk lol