Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed


Recommended Posts

I think we've shored up the O-line nicely. I'm sure they'll continue. I think it allows us less work going into next year. Particularly with the right side. I mean it wasn't as if Moses and Scherff were deemed as the bright spot for the team over the years. They're both good for sure. But not dominant (fact is, we don't have a dominant linemen on the team.) So in that, I think Moses and Scherff are expendable next year. Although I think Scherff is gone anyway. Now with all that said, I like what little I saw from Charles at guard. think Cosmi moving inside is intriguing as well this year. This year I think our swing tackle is Lucas with Leno with Charles or Cosmi at guard. Wes is interesting as well. 

We have damn near all college left tackles on this team. I like that.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Speaking of high character.  Milne coaches rave about the player, including what type of dude he is and how hard he works.  I know he's a dark horse to make the roster but I am not betting against him.

 

Like Gandy-Golden he played against inferior competiton in college but he's a more well rounded WR than Gandy-Golden with better hands.  Milne has great hands.  He can seperate.  He seems like a versatile receiver, they played him at X,Y, Z.  They used him at times in the backfield.  He's a decent blocker.  

 

It wouldn't shock me if we end up with a glut at receiver like we do at O line.  I recall reading the Jets had their eye on Milne but went with other guys in the late rounds.   If we try to send him to the practice squad it wouldn't shock me if the Jets claim him considering his chemistry with Zach Wilson

 

I recall to this day, Cooley talking up Austin Reiter saying if they sent him to the practice roster say good bye to him.  He was right. Reiter is still out there playing.  

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

 

 

Go check out what Bears fans are saying...Like, 'Go riddance!' and 'Won't miss all the back to back false starts!' and 'I think he lead the league in False Starts'

 

Can someone find out about his false start issues/stats?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Can someone find out about his false start issues/stats?

It looks like 2019 was a rough season with 12 penalties, he had 7 in 2021 and then 6 in 2018, probably not great but if you scroll those those years you will see a lot of good players who were penalized just as much if not more.

 

2020 NFL Player Penalty Statistics

https://www.nflpenalties.com/position/offensive-line?year=2020&view=players

 

Name Team Pos Games Count Count/Game Yards Yards/Game Home Away Declined Offsetting
J.Wills Cleveland T 18 11 0.61 70 3.89 7 4 0 0
J.Pugh Arizona G 16 9 0.56 58 3.63 2 7 0 0
D.Dozier Minnesota G 16 9 0.56 74 4.63 4 5 0 0
D.Lewis Seattle G 17 9 0.53 75 4.41 5 4 0 0
T.Howard Houston T 16 8 0.50 62 3.88 4 4 1 0
T.Williams San Francisco T 16 8 0.50 65 4.06 4 4 1 0
D.Smith Tampa Bay T 20 9 0.45 70 3.50 3 6 0 1
L.Tunsil Houston T 16 7 0.44 50 3.13 2 5 0 0
B.O'Neill Minnesota T 16 7 0.44 45 2.81 3 4 1 0
M.Pryor Philadelphia G 16 7 0.44 40 2.50 3 4 2 0
C.Leno Chicago T 17 7 0.41 55 3.24 2 5 0 0
C.Fleming N.Y. Giants T 16 6 0.38 39 2.44 2 4 1 0
K.Beachum Arizona T 16 6 0.38 45 2.81 2 4 0 0
J.Taylor Jacksonville T 16 6 0.38 40 2.50 2 4 1 0
N.Herbig Philadelphia G 16 6 0.38 37 2.31 5 1 0 0
T.Decker Detroit T 16 6 0.38 35 2.19 4 2 0 0
D.Humphries Arizona T 16 6 0.38 30 1.88 3 3 0 0
M.Becton N.Y. Jets T 16 6 0.38 30 1.88 4 2 0 0
N.Davis Tennessee G 17 6 0.35 45 2.65 3 3 0 0
Q.Nelson Indianapolis G 17 6 0.35 55 3.24 3 3 1 1
W.Teller Cleveland G 18 6 0.33 55 3.06 4 2 0 0
D.Fluker Baltimore G 18 6 0.33 50 2.78 0 6 3 0
E.Jenkins Green Bay G 18 6 0.33 50 2.78 3 3 0 0
D.Williams Buffalo T 19 6 0.32 30 1.58 2 4 0 0
D.Brunskill San Francisco G 16 5 0.31 36 2.25 1 4 0 0
J.Miller Carolina G 16 5 0.31 48 3.00 1 4 0 1
S.Tevi LA Chargers T 16 5 0.31 40 2.50 2 3 0 0
C.Robinson Jacksonville T 16 5 0.31 35 2.19 2 3 0 0
Edited by JSSkinz
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Looks like Leno had 2 really bad seasons as for penalities in the mix of his career so I gather that was memorable to some Bear fans

Sure the QB has some responsibility in some OL false starts.  The Bears QB switches could make it harder on the OL I'd imagine. I like the signing way more than Lucas! 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I don't think it effects Charles.  I keep hearing he's more likely to play guard than tackle and they supposedly are high on him.   I'd think Christian and W. Martin are on thin ice. 

Well, you must admit so far Martin hasn't done spit. Martin should be out. Neither he or Christian has lived up to expectations. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

False start penalties don’t strike me as something particularly worrisome for a guy with 93 straight starts. I’d be more worried if fans were saying he was a turnstile who got run over or around every play. Penalties stick out in fans’ memories but over 16 games a guy getting a few more false starts one year doesn’t necessarily mean anything more than bad luck over a relatively small sample size. 

40 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

Testing the market for a LTD in a low cap year after the draft doesn't leave too many options out there IMO. 

Could just still be negotiating. I think this one makes too much sense not to happen. Hooker and Boston are still unsigned too, which helps our leverage. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, terpfan said:

False start penalties don’t strike me as something particularly worrisome for a guy with 93 straight starts. I’d be more worried if fans were saying he was a turnstile who got run over or around every play. Penalties stick out in fans’ memories but over 16 games a guy getting a few more false starts one year doesn’t necessarily mean anything more than bad luck over a relatively small sample size. 

Could just still be negotiating. I think this one makes too much sense not to happen. Hooker and Boston are still unsigned too, which helps our leverage. 


Agree with this, fans way overvalue penalties as a metric to determine a players worth on the Oline. Comes down to being able to attach a number and compare easily versus really knowing whether the guy can run and pass block well over a 600 snap season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, wit33 said:


Agree with this, fans way overvalue penalties as a metric to determine a players worth on the Oline. Comes down to being able to attach a number and compare easily versus really knowing whether the guy can run and pass block well over a 600 snap season. 

Anyone aware ot the percentage of first downs not converted when a team gets penalized at least once within a set of downs and does not go on to make that first down? As opposed to no penalties yet made the first down? Hope that makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, terpfan said:

False start penalties don’t strike me as something particularly worrisome for a guy with 93 straight starts

 

I remember people used to hammer Moses around here for that very reason. Now we realize his value after he's been with us a couple years.

 

Plus we don't know the cause of the false starts. They were rotating QBs sometimes, could be QB cadence? Yips from playing with a suspect LG?

A new situation could eliminate the problem entirely.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Speaking of high character.  Milne coaches rave about the player, including what type of dude he is and how hard he works.  I know he's a dark horse to make the roster but I am not betting against him.

 

Like Gandy-Golden he played against inferior competiton in college but he's a more well rounded WR than Gandy-Golden with better hands.  Milne has great hands.  He can seperate.  He seems like a versatile receiver, they played him at X,Y, Z.  They used him at times in the backfield.  He's a decent blocker.  

 

It wouldn't shock me if we end up with a glut at receiver like we do at O line.  I recall reading the Jets had their eye on Milne but went with other guys in the late rounds.   If we try to send him to the practice squad it wouldn't shock me if the Jets claim him considering his chemistry with Zach Wilson

 

I recall to this day, Cooley talking up Austin Reiter saying if they sent him to the practice roster say good bye to him.  He was right. Reiter is still out there playing.  

 

 

 

Losing Reiter at a young age for nothing still irks me. That was really irresponsible of the team.  

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Losing Reiter at a young age for nothing still irks me. That was really irresponsible of the team.  

 

Yeah I pimp a lot for Cooley as for his takes.  He like anyone is wrong at times but he nails a lot and sometimes really obscure stuff like the Reiter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Losing Reiter at a young age for nothing still irks me. That was really irresponsible of the team.  

 

Not that we need him, but he's still available.  Looks like his last contract year with the Chiefs was 2020, and I'm not seeing a new contract for him anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Losing Reiter at a young age for nothing still irks me. That was really irresponsible of the team.  

 

This would be more of an issue if Roullier didn't develop. But Roullier is better and here long-term, so it's kind of moot.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Riggo#44Course it would be more of an issue. I'm glad we got Roullier and he wound up turning into a better player than Reiter. 

 

Still doesn't make it less annoying that the Chiefs stole a starting center under our noses for free. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

@Riggo#44Course it would be more of an issue. I'm glad we got Roullier and he wound up turning into a better player than Reiter. 

 

Still doesn't make it less annoying that the Chiefs stole a starting center under our noses for free. 


He spent time with Cleveland after here, and I thinks he’s currently without a team. Got a ring in between times though so he’ll be happy enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

@Riggo#44Course it would be more of an issue. I'm glad we got Roullier and he wound up turning into a better player than Reiter. 

 

Still doesn't make it less annoying that the Chiefs stole a starting center under our noses for free. 

Wasn't it the Colts first?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

@Riggo#44Course it would be more of an issue. I'm glad we got Roullier and he wound up turning into a better player than Reiter. 

 

Still doesn't make it less annoying that the Chiefs stole a starting center under our noses for free. 

 

It wasn't directly...I think he's on his third or fourth team now. It would have been nice to get a mid-round pick, but this is a hindsight is 50/50 situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Let’s get McCain signed up.

There either pushing McCain with this info that came out the other day or they may mean business and sign this DB from the CFL #2 overall pick if he is good enough and fits.

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Let’s get McCain signed up.

I was just thinking about him. It's Thursday....signing day lol.

Not only have I not seen anything  from Mondays visit but I don't find his name being mentioned as being contacted or visiting any other teams.

 

@TheShredderis probably correct, he is looking for a LTD or big one year deal and hoping for others to call him. 

 

 

Bobby, sign the offer, it is the best you are going to get. I am sure of it   :ols:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Riggo-toni changed the title to The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...