Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

He's oddly gotten better as he's gotten older.  Big time leader.  Clutch.  Don't get me wrong, he's not a stud but I actually think he's an above average QB.  I can't say the same for the other FAs.  The biggest thing for me is if we make the playoffs he's the type of dude that can get hot -- where you never know you might hit lightening in a bottle.  I just can't envision a dude like Trubisky for example getting hot in the playoffs.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

From what some of the reporters have said if they sign a veteran don't expect them to take a flier in the draft, too.  They are unlikely going to dump Allen or Heinicke.  Speaking for myself, I'd think they'd be stupid to take a QB in the draft unless there is some surprise faller to 19.

I am not wasting a 2nd on someone like Trask for example.  If you got Fitzpatrick load him up on weapons.  Most QBs after the first round are busts. 

I guess I'm looking a year ahead from now, if we don't draft a QB.

Next year, we likely start the offseason, once again with just Heinicke and Allen, with Fitz likely drifting off.

If someone other than Heinicke or Allen is considered the future for the team, then I would expect them to draft that QB this year, so as not to start all over next year.

But maybe not. I'm starting to believe that Rivera really believes his future QB is already on the roster.

27 minutes ago, Jericho said:

But teams aren't paying back-up QBs $5.5 million in guarantees. If Winston isn't starting, he's not really seeing that type of money elsewhere. So the only way to get more money than New Orleans offered is by finding a team that will start him. I think Chicago and Washington were his only two hopes. And it appears Washington could not care less. Chicago might have cared a little, but probably not much.

Backup QB get about 10million unless their rookies. 
Winston signed cheaply, only he knows why.

2 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Over/under on games before Fitz gets benched?  Cuz it's gonna happen.  It always does.

6, but it'll be a glorious 6 games.  Lose to 1 team that's awful, but beat 2 teams that are playoff caliber, and have a record of 3-3 when he gets benched.  There's a fine line between Fitzmagic and Fitztragic, and he's never on the line.  He oscillates wildly to either side of it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Nope.  That would require them to dump one of the three Qbs and I don't think they will do that.   They aren't going to have 4 qbs on their roster. 

So what in the world is their plan for the future then? They sign Fitz to a 1 year deal, then they have 2 mediocre UDFAs under contract who have both shown flashes, but it's unlikely that one of them is suddenly going to become a top franchise QB. What do they do next season? Extend Fitz? Hope they can trade for a top QB? Hope they have a higher draft pick?

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

So what in the world is their plan for the future then? They sign Fitz to a 1 year deal, then they have 2 mediocre UDFAs under contract who have both shown flashes, but it's unlikely that one of them is suddenly going to become a top franchise QB. What do they do next season? Extend Fitz? Hope they can trade for a top QB? Hope they have a higher draft pick?

Heiny is going to smoke all of them in camp.....heard it here folks. 15lbs heavier and designing his own plays on the fly.....woohoo. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Over/under on games before Fitz gets benched?  Cuz it's gonna happen.  It always does.

Yeah. That’s how you power him up for his next hot streak buddy. The trick is to time it right so he’s not going into the playoffs! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Heiny is going to smoke all of them in camp.....heard it here folks. 15lbs heavier and designing his own plays on the fly.....woohoo. 

Hope TH becomes the heir apparent and most importantly puts on the 15lbs your talking about.  He needs it to be a 16 game QB.  For now, it's the Fitzpatrick show.

Fitz was playing pretty well before they benched him to see what Tua had.  They were definitely better when he was in there.  Clearly just a bridge guy (1 year contract, he was already talking about retiring).  This gives us some time to figure out what TH has, a full year of camp and practice he should prove one way or the other if he’s the guy to step in when Fitz gets benched this season or next season after he retires.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

8 teams in 16 years should land the biggest of names.....stop it.

I don’t think you realize how much goodwill people have for Fitzpatrick in his latter years man. He lived in relative obscurity as a goofy looking backup for ages. Then he grew The Beard and the legend began. He’s a living meme the past 4-5 years. He has his ups and downs but people (including all players) love him. People tune in to see him, he’s like an actually fun Rex Grossman who plays with lots of passion. He’s fun and guys love that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If you think about it ; Fitz, Heinicke, and Allen, is not a bad 1-2-3 Combo.

Our 3rd string QB will probably be the best 3rd string in the league.

Overall - that 1,2,3 will also be one of the best accumulated talent.

All 3 have started in the NFL, and been effective. And 2 of them have started playoff games.

We have to find a way to get all 3 of them on the field at the same time 😛

• Haha 5

Last thing I wanted was us throwing away draft picks on the hope that a failing QB was magically going to turn out well... I'd rather spend it in the draft itself if we're going to go for one.  So I'm good with this move.

Edited by TysonM
  • Like 4