Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vice: A hacker took control and locked the chastity cages of several men, asking them for a ransom to unlock them.

Cooked Crack

A hacker took control of people's internet-connected chastity cages and demanded a ransom to be paid in Bitcoin to unlock it. 

"Your **** is mine now," the hacker told one of the victims, according to a screenshot of the conversation obtained by a security researcher that goes by the name Smelly and is the founder of vx-underground, a website that collects malware samples

In October of last year, security researchers found that the manufacturer of an Internet of Things chastity cage—a sex toy that users put around their penis to prevent erections that is used in the BDSM community and can be unlocked remotely—had left an API exposed, giving malicious hackers a chance to take control of the devices. That's exactly what happened, according to a security researcher who obtained screenshots of conversations between the hacker and several victims, and according to victims interviewed by Motherboard.   

A victim who asked to be identified only as Robert said that he received a message from a hacker demanding a payment of 0.02 Bitcoin (around $750 today) to unlock the device. He realized his cage was definitely "locked," and he "could not gain access to it." 

"Fortunately I didn’t have this locked on myself while this happened," Robert said in an online chat. 

Qiui, the China-based manufacturer of the device, which is aptly called Cellmate, did not respond to a request for comment. 

Alex Lomas, a security researcher at Pentest Partners, who audited the Cellmate device, confirmed that some users received the extortion messages, and said this highlights the need for better security practices.

https://www.vice.com/amp/en/article/m7apnn/your-****-is-mine-now-hacker-locks-internet-connected-chastity-cage-demands-ransom?__twitter_impression=true

That's why I always keep my chastity cage in airplane mode.

Archived