Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSsports.com: Taylor Heinicke announces he wants to stay in Washington after breakout performance vs. Buccaneers


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I was ecstatic after watching him play tonight....then some of his tweets from over the summer/last year surfaced (JDR-esque) and I'm not totally sure now. God damnit Heinicke


 

Yeah I typed this earlier but never posted bc I didn’t want to impact the mood around here, and bc people get sensitive about this stuff. But here goes, since you brought it up:

 

He also needs to focus on getting his social media game right if he wants to compete to start here. He is apparently very similar to JDR in that regard and needs to become aware, quickly, that he’s about to have the eyes of the national media on him for a while regardless of where he plays. He played himself into the conversation and into the spotlight. Now he needs to be smart if he wants an opportunity to lead a team. 
 

That’s all I’ll say about it because this is the Stadium and I know people don’t want to hear it, but the JDR stuff got people riled up and he’s not even a potential starting QB, he’s “just” a coach. 
 

Heinicke has earned himself a hell of an opportunity somewhere and he should be proud. But he also needs to keep his head on a swivel and consider what people, not just outside the locker room but also inside of it, expect of him. Your play can earn you respect, but your conduct as a whole, as well as your self-awareness and your judgement, is what cements it. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:


 

Yeah I typed this earlier but never posted bc I didn’t want to impact the mood around here, and bc people get sensitive about this stuff. But here goes, since you brought it up:

 

He also needs to focus on getting his social media game right if he wants to compete to start here. He is apparently very similar to JDR in that regard and needs to become aware, quickly, that he’s about to have the eyes of the national media on him for a while regardless of where he plays. He played himself into the conversation and into the spotlight. Now he needs to be smart if he wants an opportunity to lead a team. 
 

That’s all I’ll say about it because this is the Stadium and I know people don’t want to hear it, but the JDR stuff got people riled up and he’s not even a potential starting QB, he’s “just” a coach. 
 

Heinicke has earned himself a hell of an opportunity somewhere and he should be proud. But he also needs to keep his head on a swivel and consider what people, not just outside the locker room but also inside of it, expect of him. Your play can earn you respect, but your conduct as a whole, as well as your self-awareness and your judgement, is what cements it. 

 

Goddammit, why you have to go and ruin it for me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If Heinicke can ball out and win games for us I'll get a Parlor account just to follow him and Jack.

 

Neither here nor there, but there are tons of right wingers in the NFL. Players, coaches, execs, owners. You guys are deluding yourselves if you don't think they're in every single locker room. 

 

But again, who gives a ****. So dumb that we're even talking about it. He's not crafting public policy he's chucking a pigskin. 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I agree, bringing him in to compete is a no brainer at this point.

 

A lot to like out of Heinicke tonight.  A lot.  Now we find out moving forward if he has what it takes to be the every day guy. 

In other words, the off-season starts now.  Clearly he has the ability, but does he have the drive?  To do the homework, put in the extra hours.  Be the first one in and the last one out.   In other words, does he have what Haskins lacked.  The drive and work ethic to be a starting everyday NFL QB?  

The story the media have been reporting is that when the Patriots practice squadded him, he showed up at 5am, and Brady was already there. I think he "gets it" in a way Haskins never did.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

If Heinicke can ball out and win games for us I'll get a Parlor account just to follow him and Jack.

 

Neither here nor there, but there are tons of right wingers in the NFL. Players, coaches, execs, owners. You guys are deluding yourselves if you don't think they're in every single locker room. 

 

But again, who gives a ****. So dumb that we're even talking about it. He's not crafting public policy he's chucking a pigskin. 

I mean for sure, it will piss some people off to know that he is a Trump supporter but you're absolutely right. Those of other political persuasions can't sit here having watched a season coached by JDR and 20+ of being owned  by Danny boy, who in addition to being pro-Trump is also a pretty disgusting douchebag too, and suddenly start crying because our QB isn't woke enough.

 

There are people of all walks of life and all political persuasions on this board. Doesn't mean we can't watch/talk Washington Football together, just means talking politics will go south pretty quickly (which is a very good reason it's not allowed in this part of the forums).

 

Overall - The kid is a football player and that's how I'll judge him - on his footballing ability. He deserves his shot regardless of whether we agree with his politics or not.

Edited by UKskins
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep, it was an amazing effort, for sure. I dont think anyone expected us to actually hang with the Bucs all night long. The skins of old definitely lose tonight’s game 45-3. 

The skins of old don't even make it to the playoffs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Destino said:

 I even bothered to learn how to spell his name.  

I keep thinking this too. I actually made the effort myself.  :ols:

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:


 

Yeah I typed this earlier but never posted bc I didn’t want to impact the mood around here, and bc people get sensitive about this stuff. But here goes, since you brought it up:

 

He also needs to focus on getting his social media game right if he wants to compete to start here. He is apparently very similar to JDR in that regard and needs to become aware, quickly, that he’s about to have the eyes of the national media on him for a while regardless of where he plays. He played himself into the conversation and into the spotlight. Now he needs to be smart if he wants an opportunity to lead a team. 
 

That’s all I’ll say about it because this is the Stadium and I know people don’t want to hear it, but the JDR stuff got people riled up and he’s not even a potential starting QB, he’s “just” a coach. 
 

Heinicke has earned himself a hell of an opportunity somewhere and he should be proud. But he also needs to keep his head on a swivel and consider what people, not just outside the locker room but also inside of it, expect of him. Your play can earn you respect, but your conduct as a whole, as well as your self-awareness and your judgement, is what cements it. 

I hate routing for assholes.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UKskins said:

The story the media have been reporting is that when the Patriots practice squadded him, he showed up at 5am, and Brady was already there. I think he "gets it" in a way Haskins never did.

 

Then he is already ahead of the game.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

I will pat myself on the back but I thought Drew Brees was the best true OB in the 2001 draft.  I remember thinking we should take him.

Stay away from Twitter and focus on the big picture..can he play qb.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I can't believe political views are being brought into this feel good story.  If I wanted that I could have read the world news instead.

I feel the same way. Opinions are like assholes and they all stink. Just play football young Heinicke! I’ll root for you like hell if you lay it all on the line the same way you did last night!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bacon said:

I haven't enjoyed watching a Washington QB this much since RG3's one and only great season. What TH has is much more sustainable, however, because he makes good reads and exhibits great pocket presence. We don't have to cater the offense to him. 

 

Give him a contract and a fair shot at a starting job. 

Solid post.  I actually enjoyed the game, as frustrating as it got (the hate on Tom is real here). 

Alex gave it everything he had this season, very literally.  We've got a kid willing to do the same.  For this Team.  We don't get that every day. 

 

2 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I keep thinking this too. I actually made the effort myself.  :ols:

 

My dentist went to Maryland and will always ask me to spell Krzyzewski while under gas. 

I've never failed.  

It's worth it, trust me.  :ols:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean honestly it shouldn't be to hard to sign him.  He had a very good game, but he did ultimately lose, and he got hurt too, which as I recall was one of the knocks on him

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I was ecstatic after watching him play tonight....then some of his tweets from over the summer/last year surfaced (JDR-esque) and I'm not totally sure now. God damnit Heinicke

 

You can't believe everything you read. Especially with no sources or links or anything. I know exactly what you talking about. I saw it too. It was no different than if I did this....

 

image.thumb.png.c3d75fdce09772aaaa3cacd857f56158.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:


 

Yeah I typed this earlier but never posted bc I didn’t want to impact the mood around here, and bc people get sensitive about this stuff. But here goes, since you brought it up:

 

He also needs to focus on getting his social media game right if he wants to compete to start here. He is apparently very similar to JDR in that regard and needs to become aware, quickly, that he’s about to have the eyes of the national media on him for a while regardless of where he plays. He played himself into the conversation and into the spotlight. Now he needs to be smart if he wants an opportunity to lead a team. 
 

That’s all I’ll say about it because this is the Stadium and I know people don’t want to hear it, but the JDR stuff got people riled up and he’s not even a potential starting QB, he’s “just” a coach. 
 

Heinicke has earned himself a hell of an opportunity somewhere and he should be proud. But he also needs to keep his head on a swivel and consider what people, not just outside the locker room but also inside of it, expect of him. Your play can earn you respect, but your conduct as a whole, as well as your self-awareness and your judgement, is what cements it. 

 

 

Damn. 

 

Whatever he did before he joined the team is his business.

 

But now that he clearly has a chance to have a career as a player I think he should delete and sanitize his old “Delrioesque” posts and keep his political views personal and private going forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@UKskins just a suggestion to edit your post. No politics in the stadium. 

I was about to second that.

 

There's enough places in the tailgate to talk politics.

 

Stick to rule #4.

 

Let's enjoy Heinicke for his play, that really feels good, even if we lost.

Am I ready to give him the strting QB job? Nope, But I really hope to see him and Kyle Allen in the mix and have the better one play.

 

Seriously, I'll trust Rivera on the call here. 7-9? But how refreshing it is to see this team.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

@UKskins just a suggestion to edit your post. No politics in the stadium. 

Thanks - noted and duly edited - I think I've altered it appropriately to make the point without contravening any rules (but if mods don't agree then please let me know and I will sort it)

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how some people can't help themselves with social media.  This is the extent of my social media involvement, I don't do any of the other stuff.  So I admit I don't really get it. 

 

When I was a kid I'd wonder why such talented players would make things more difficult for themselves by doing drugs.  Now it's the same concept, just replace drugs with twitter.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

 

I was talking about the "wants to stay in Washington" bit.

 

Totally fine with all the other stuff.  Him saying he likes Ron and being here is far from an "announcement"

 

ETA: look, I want to make out with Heinicke just as much as everyone else, maybe more.  I think hes our QB of the future.  I also think this headline is stupid because wtf else is he gonna say other than he wants to come back?  He wants any job he can get.  

 

I used to he a copywriter and it bothers me lol.  Thats all.

I hear ya, the headline does seem like something straight out of the onion:

 

"Guy whose dream it is to play qb in nfl decides it may be a good idea to accept his dream job"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...