Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

D.C. police officer calls out elected officials who "whitewash" the Jan. 6 Capitol riots

A D.C. Metropolitan Police officer who suffered a heart attack after he was assaulted during the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol told CNN on Tuesday "it's been very difficult" to see elected officials "downplay" the events of that day.

Why it matters: Though he didn't mention former President Trump by name, Michael Fanone decried "terminology that was used like 'hugs and kisses' and 'very fine people,'" to describe the mob. Trump had previously claimed the rioters were hugging and kissing officers, and that the mob presented no threat.

"It is very much not the experience that I had on the 6th. I experienced a group of individuals that were trying to kill me to accomplish their goal," Fanone said Tuesday.

"I experienced the most brutal, savage hand-to-hand combat of my entire life — let alone my policing career."

Fanone was one of the hundreds of police officers who responded to the Jan. 6 riots. He was dragged down the Capitol steps and swarmed by a mob of Trump supporters, and now says he is dealing with a traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder, per CNN.

What's next: Fanone demanded that D.C. police release his fully body camera footage from the events "as a rebuttal to anyone claiming the mob didn’t viciously attack officers," per The Washington Post.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Family of woman shot during Capitol riot to file $10M wrongful death suit, report says

Ashli Babbitt's family says they will file a wrongful death suit in the Air Force veteran's fatal shooting. The DOJ has declined to bring charges in the case.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/national/family-of-ashli-babbitt-qanon-adherent-woman-shot-during-capitol-riot-plans-10m-lawsuit-go-fund-me/65-2719f8c2-0d5c-4a0e-a60c-3cbff754b659?fbclid=IwAR0IPPYDb7mLaTh_T79SG_17eNL1N9-qpt6SNdyYAQ4b_-7Ko0c-Q7WTqkQ

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

Who cares if they were there as "journalists"?

Does having journalism credentials suddenly make you immune to prosecution for breaking a bunch of laws?

****ing morons.

Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe, Your Honor.  Representing Mr. Satan, here.  

Should the journalists who were covering the Floyd and similar protests have been prosecuted for violating curfew?  

• Like 1

Trump hires lawyer to fight capitol police officer’s lawsuit accusing him of inciting insurrection

Former President Donald Trump has hired lawyers to defend him after two Capitol police officers launched lawsuits blaming him for inciting the Capitol riot on 6 January.

Mr Trump has retained attorney Jesse Binnall, who will defend him against the legal action brought by officers James Blassingame and Sidney Hemby, The Daily Beast reported.

The lawsuit claims that Mr Trump "had inflamed, encouraged, incited, directed, and aided and abetted" the "insurrectionist mob" to attack Capitol police officers on 6 January.

Both men claim they suffered injuries to their heads, necks and backs as a result of the insurrection, and said they continue to struggle with emotional trauma stemming from the events of that day.

Mr Binnall is also representing Mr Trump in two other suits brought by Democratic Reps. Bennie Thompson and Eric Swalwell, which accuse the former president of trying to disrupt the Congressional electoral vote count.

Mr Thompson's suit also accuses Mr Trump of colluding with far-right groups like the Proud Boys and Oath Keepers.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

It's absolutely amazing that Trump still manages to find lawyers who will take him on as a client. As one of his former lawyers said (paraphrasing): "He doesn't pay and he doesn't do what you tell him"

The publicity alone is probably worth a lot of money.