Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath


Cooked Crack
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I really enjoy this thread and look forward to the sentences these traitors will receiver. However in fairness to the judge who allowed the woman to go to Mexico I researched this and found an article that said the prosecution was OK with it.  I'm sure that had an affect on the judge's ruling to allow this super spreader event.  

 

It wasn't just the prosecution. If you read the judge's ruling neither the government nor pretrial services opposed the motion, leading me to believe there's more to the story (precedent, other circumstances, the law, etc.) than the quick hit outrage and frowny face emoji reactions would lead one to believe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That sounds great and all, but my gut tells me the majority of these folks skate, without much penalty at all.  Obviously, I hope I'm wrong, but if history is any indicator...

From every report the FBI is taking this very seriously.  I'm not sure the local DC courts, where I assume these cases will be heard, will be particularly understanding.  But I did read reports on how there was concern that it would jam up the courts.  So not sure it's possible to prosecute every person that breached the barricades, but those who entered the building certainly face legal issues.  Goes without saying those where there is evidence on those with zip ties, other evidence of violence, will face serious charges. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FBI Arrests NH Man Who ‘Chugged' Glass of Wine at Capitol Riot

 

Federal authorities on Monday arrested a New Hampshire man who admitted to storming the U.S. Capitol last month and chugging wine that he found in a lawmaker’s office.

 

The FBI's Boston division said it had arrested Jason Riddle, 32, Monday afternoon with the help of Keene, New Hampshire police. The arrest was the sixth made by the Boston division in connection with the Capitol riots.

 

Keene is charged with knowingly entering a restricted building, violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds, and theft of government property, according to a criminal complaint filed Friday in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

 

Last month, Riddle detailed his experiences on Jan. 6 at the Capitol in an interview with NBC10 Boston. The supporter of former President Donald Trump said he has no regrets about joining the mob that entered the Capitol, but criticized those who committed acts of vandalism and violence.

 

An FBI affidavit, filed on Friday and first obtained by HuffPost, said the bureau was tipped off to Jason Riddle's activity during the Capitol riot after people shared with law enforcement an NBC10 Boston interview in which he talked about chugging the wine. In the interview, he denounced the violence at the Capitol but said he had no regrets.

 

Click on the link for the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Judge agrees to release prominent Proud Boys leader facing Capitol riot charges

 

A federal judge in Seattle on Monday decided that a Proud Boys leader on the West Coast, Ethan Nordean, should be released pending trial, even after federal prosecutors warned he could coordinate with the Proud Boys for another attack on the federal government.

 

Nordean, 30, has been charged with four counts relating to his actions outside and in the US Capitol building on January 6. Prosecutors have alleged he had prepared for the Capitol riot by gearing up and collecting money days before, suggesting he could face more charges in the future as investigators look more closely at the Proud Boys organization and coordination.


The decision is the latest highlighting how judges around the country have had widely different reactions to the charges against Capitol rioters, and how challenging it can be for the Justice Department to convince courts to keep rioters who are charged with relatively basic initial complaints behind bars, especially as they build out cases before a federal grand jury.


The Justice Department indicated in court it will seek an appeal to challenge Nordean's release. The department has appealed several similar rulings nationwide.

 

Click on the link for the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Starting to hear "Stuff" on Twitter about these fools coming back on March 4th (some Q-related nonsense). 

 

Why QAnon Followers Think Donald Trump Will Be Sworn Back In as President on March 4

 

After more than three years of Donald Trump not taking down satanic pedophiles and the "deep state" working against him, losing the election, then failing to order mass executions at Joe Biden's inauguration, followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory are now claiming March 4 as the next significant date for the movement.

 

Supporters of the radical conspiracy now believe that March 4 will be the day that Trump will still somehow be sworn in as president, seemingly undeterred by the January 20 ceremony, after which Biden entered the White House, and all their other predictions since late 2017 having failed.

 

The theory around March 4 has been bubbling since January, as QAnon found new ways to suggest "the plan" is still in place—despite Trump no longer being president—and that supporters just need to keep faith.

 

Interest around the date re-emerged after it was revealed that prices to rent a room at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C on March 4 have been hiked to $1,331, more than double the $596 price for a guest room for most of that month and nearly triple the lowest cost.

 

The hotel in the capital has previously raised its prices on dates that are significant to Trump's supporters. On January 6, the date of the Capitol attack in which QAnon followers were a part of, it cost $8,000 to rent a room that night.

 

The latest prediction from the QAnon movement seems to echo that of the sovereign citizen movement, whose followers believe they do not have to follow federal laws or pay taxes.

The basis of this comes from a law they believe passed in 1871 which secretly turned the U.S. into a corporation. The sovereign citizen movement, therefore, believes that every president after Ulysses S. Grant is illegitimate.

 

They also claim the U.S. has been run by a group of shadowy investors since 1933, when Franklin D. Roosevelt ended the gold standard. The date of presidential inaugurations was also changed from March 4 to January 20 in 1933.

 

Click on the link for the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lawyer for man charged in Capitol riot says he worked for the FBI, had top-secret security clearance

 

An attorney for Thomas Caldwell, a Virginia resident accused of participating in the Jan. 6 Capitol riot, said on Monday that his client is a Navy veteran who has had a top-secret security clearance since 1979, worked as an FBI section chief from 2009 to 2010, and ran a consulting firm that did classified work for the U.S. government.

 

Caldwell's lawyer, Thomas Plofchan, wrote about his work history in a motion filed on Monday, which stated that because Caldwell has "been vetted and found numerous times as a person worthy of the trust and confidence of the United States government," he should be released from jail as he waits for his trial to start.

 

Authorities have said Caldwell, 66, is a leader of the right-wing Oath Keepers militia group, and helped plan the attack on the Capitol. On Jan. 19, Caldwell was arrested and charged with conspiracy. He denies being involved with the Oath Keepers, and Plofchan said Caldwell is a "100 percent disabled veteran," and because of his "physical limitation," could not have forced his way into a building.

 

The charging documents show that during the attack, Caldwell received messages about lawmakers being "in the tunnels" under the Capitol. After the riot, he also allegedly shared video of the incident on Facebook, saying it was time to "storm the capitol in Ohio."

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, China said:

Judge agrees to release prominent Proud Boys leader facing Capitol riot charges

 

A federal judge in Seattle on Monday decided that a Proud Boys leader on the West Coast, Ethan Nordean, should be released pending trial, even after federal prosecutors warned he could coordinate with the Proud Boys for another attack on the federal government.

 

Nordean, 30, has been charged with four counts relating to his actions outside and in the US Capitol building on January 6. Prosecutors have alleged he had prepared for the Capitol riot by gearing up and collecting money days before, suggesting he could face more charges in the future as investigators look more closely at the Proud Boys organization and coordination.


The decision is the latest highlighting how judges around the country have had widely different reactions to the charges against Capitol rioters, and how challenging it can be for the Justice Department to convince courts to keep rioters who are charged with relatively basic initial complaints behind bars, especially as they build out cases before a federal grand jury.


The Justice Department indicated in court it will seek an appeal to challenge Nordean's release. The department has appealed several similar rulings nationwide.

 

Click on the link for the full article

 

Proud Boy 'Sergeant Of Arms' To Remain In Custody Pending Appeal

 

Ethan Nordean, a self-described "Sergeant of Arms" in the extremist group the Proud Boys, will remain in custody for his alleged role in the U.S. Capitol riot until his trial hearing later this month.

 

A Seattle magistrate judge on Monday ruled that Nordean, who also goes by Rufio Panman, would be released on bond but then halted the decision, giving the Department of Justice time to appeal. Hours later, U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell in Washington, D.C., ordered Nordean's return to the capital pending the appeal.

 

The 30-year-old will be transported for a hearing on Feb. 15.

 

Click on the link for the full article

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Wait, you mean Hillary and other democrats weren't running a child slave ring under a pizza place in DC that doesn't even have a basement?

Don't forget that they were also cannibals

 

1 minute ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

You'd think that would be their Pee-Wee at the Alamo moment....but nope

They don't teach you these things in school.  You have to find out the hard way.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fox News Asks Court To Dismiss $2.7 Billion Defamation Suit

 

Fox News on Monday asked a judge to dismiss a $2.7 billon lawsuit against the network and some of its hosts filed by election technology company Smartmatic, claiming the suit is an attempt to "chill" First Amendment rights.

 

The motion follows Smartmatic's defamation and disparagement lawsuit filed earlier this month against the network and Fox stars Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro, as well as Trump allies Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell. Former Fox anchor Lou Dobbs was also named in the lawsuit.

 

The election technology company's lawsuit seeks damages from what Smartmatic calls a "disinformation campaign" that was waged by people who were unhappy with President Biden's election victory.

 

Fox News claims in its motion reviewed by NPR that it was covering "both sides" of the story of the 2020 elections and former President Donald Trump's debunked claims that the election was rigged. The bulk of the filing claims Fox's actions are protected by the First Amendment.

 

"If the First Amendment means anything, it means that Fox cannot be held liable for fairly reporting and commenting on competing allegations in a hotly contested and actively litigated election," Fox News Media said in a statement. "We are proud of our election coverage which stands in the highest tradition of American journalism."

 

The company says in the court filings that Smartmatic is working to "stifle" the debate over the developing election news.

 

Smartmatic has said Fox's stories included claims that the company was a Venezuelan company under the control of corrupt dictators from socialist countries. Those stories also claimed the company switched votes during the presidential election, which millions of people believed, according to the company.

 

Fox's motion says the network's coverage, "ensured the public had access to newsmakers and unquestionably newsworthy information that would help foster 'uninhibited, robust, and wide-open' debate on rapidly developing events of unparalleled importance."

 

Attorneys for Fox News said in court documents that Smartmatic's lawsuit must be thrown out, since it also failed to identify any statement by Fox itself that could be seen as defamation or that the company was acting with actual malice.

 

For a defamation case to succeed, a plaintiff must show that false, defaming statements were said with actual malice, meaning the comments were said "with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether it was false or not."

 

Click on the link for the full article

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...