Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I don’t even think that dude is a trumper.  I just think he was there for the “fun” of it. He looks too happy to be a trumper.

ErKJOueXUAAFBr4.jpg

They got him.  Good. I thought it was

simpson061014_008_64823616.jpg?w=1024&h=576&crop=1 Kato Kaelin

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Anyone who took time out of their lives to go to DC to protest the election certification is definitely a Trumper. 

Pretty much my position.  

No, when you got in the car to go there, you didn't have a confirmed reservation that you would by storming the Capitol at 7:45 with a party of 25.  

But you absolutely did know that you were going to Washington so that you could stand side by side with the Proud Boys and the Idaho Patriot Militia (I made that name up) and whoever else, so that you could lend your body to the mob demanding that the US Congress ignore a Presidential election and install the loser in the office instead.  

So no, you don't get to say "things turned wrong after that."  

Things were already wrong when you started the car to head there.  

Analogy:  

OK, when you ran that red light and ran over that pedestrian, you were drunk, and you weren't making good decisions.  Well, when you took those drinks, you knew that might happen.  And you decided to go ahead anyway.  You don't get to pretend that running over the pedestrian is just something that happened for no reason at all.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, clietas said:

People in the crowd were talking about heads on pikes and hanging the Vice President. Everyone involved needs to be protected to the fullest extent possible. 

Hmmm. Donald, is that you?

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 2

So I watched a lot of videos from inside the riot.  My first impression was that those cops fought harder than initially shown.  They lost the Capitol building to a mob, which is a historic failure, so I can’t give them too much credit.  They did keep the mob from reaching any lawmakers though, and that is an important victory within the overall defeat.  No telling what would have happened if zip tie guy had gotten his hands on a an elected leader.  

Another thought I had was “how are there no security gates”?  It’s because I watch too much tv, but those metal doors you see descending from the ceiling is every heist movie ever made seem like they would have really come in handy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, c slag said:

Maybe in a really small way, we can change the narrative of what is being said about the issues in DC, by beating TB, seems like a lot more people than originally cared are all of a sudden going to be routing against WSH, but they didn't see the winning streak that started against CIN, they don't remember how the season seemed lost after the loss to ARI,or the missed two point conversion in NY,

Remember understandably we have TB fans hopefull they come out of here with the W, kinda seems like about 75 million magas might be on that side as well now, so fingers crossed let's send them home again, with even more egg on their faces!

I think this is a matter of perspective. From one point of view, I think most of America is happy that Washington survived and is really pissed at the insurrectionists that tried to take it over. Rooting for Washington might be easier for some than ever. After all, if you ain't rooting for Washington, you ain't rooting for America.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Destino said:

So I watched a lot of videos from inside the riot.  My first impression was that those cops fought harder than initially shown.  They lost the Capitol building to a mob, which is a historic failure, so I can’t give them too much credit.  They did keep the mob from reaching any lawmakers though, and that is an important victory within the overall defeat.  No telling what would have happened if zip tie guy had gotten his hands on a an elected leader.  

Another thought I had was “how are there no security gates”?  It’s because I watch too much tv, but those metal doors you see descending from the ceiling is every heist movie ever made seem like they would have really come in handy. 

There is no doubt that most Capitol Hill Police officers performed bravely.  I do want to hear an explanation of why the four or five officers moved the barricades on the West Front plaza and allowed people in.  I have to believe that they got word that the line of defense was being moved back, and that it wasn't an ad hoc decision by them. The selfie thing was a stupid decision by that cop.  I'll wait to hear if it was anything more than that.

But yeah, as more of those harrowing clips from inside the Capitol came out, we finally see what those cops had to face. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

There is no doubt that most Capitol Hill Police officers performed bravely.  I do want to hear an explanation of why the four or five officers moved the barricades on the West Front plaza and allowed people in.  I have to believe that they got word that the line of defense was being moved back, and that it wasn't an ad hoc decision by them. The selfie thing was a stupid decision by that cop.  I'll wait to hear if it was anything more than that.

But yeah, as more of those harrowing clips from inside the Capitol came out, we finally see what those cops had to face. 

Agreed.  There were a bunch of heroes in that department.  Things could have been so worse.