Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

That bill doesn't seem to have anything to do with what we're talking about.

It's also sponsored by Steve Scalise, so if you disagree with the bill I think you're barking up the wrong tree by defaulting to blaming liberals.

Edit: By the way, it's ok to take the L on this one and just admit you can't find what you're looking for if that's the case. No shame in it.

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/949?s=1&r=9

Here is the latest one. I found it while driving and talking to my phone what a world we live in sorry it was so difficult. 

This is expansion of free speech rights.  

This bill permits a tax-exempt organization to make certain statements related to a political campaign without losing its tax-exempt status.

Try again, preferably at a red light.  :ols:

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

It is possible to disagree with everything that occurred be a liberal in all the ways that I think people should be able to live and still hold Free Speech as a law at the highest top most important even if it means that terrible people get to say terrible things as long as it doesn't directly plan violence

But I think therein lies the conflation of two separate issues.   Saying things like "the election was stolen" "election fraud"  "storm the capital" "Overthrow the gov't"  are not inherently "conservative views"  They just happen to be things conservatives are saying on social media right now so people like Hawley, Cruz, Trump and others are purposely conflating that with saying "conservative voices" are being censored.  It isn't true, there are non stop conservative voices on twitter and facebook still posting away undeterred by anyone who has been suspended/banned.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Remember that bill introduced in Texas a couple years ago by some whacko trying to ban masturbation?

Crazy bills are introduced all the damn time.

The good thing, we have a Constitution for such things, and a Supreme Court to make sure that even if those whacko bills pass, they fit within that framework. Cuz if they don't... well.

Oh hang on. Knock on the door...
There's some gun control people here again, i need to go get rid of them. I mean how many more decades do we need to listen to them complain about the 2nd amendment, what with all the gun violence statistics, murdered children, school invasions...   get it people! Nobody cares! We need these guns to protect us from black pe..  i mean,, uh, tyrants!

By the by, even though all the blood and death and murdered kids and comparisons to the rest of the earth with little to no gun violence on the scale as we have it swayed no one into changing the second even one single scintilla, keep the faith, the first will be changed, and  I am all FOR it.

About time we got rid of that ****ing Freedom of religion bull****. I don't believe any of your fairy tales, so ban it all.

~Bang

15 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

That bill doesn't seem to have anything to do with what we're talking about.

It's also sponsored by Steve Scalise, so if you disagree with the bill I think you're barking up the wrong tree by defaulting to blaming liberals.

Edit: By the way, it's ok to take the L on this one and just admit you can't find what you're looking for if that's the case. No shame in it.

I erased it was the wrong one. 

I was thinking of local house proposals apparently of which there are a few. No federal ones that I've seen get all the way to the floor yet. 

Can't I be disgusted by one sides actions and fearful of the consequences also? Why can't I feel both things? 

Edited by XxSpearheadxX

10 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

But I think therein lies the conflation of two separate issues.   Saying things like "the election was stolen" "election fraud"  "storm the capital" "Overthrow the gov't"  are not inherently "conservative views"  They just happen to be things conservatives are saying on social media right now so people like Hawley, Cruz, Trump and others are purposely conflating that with saying "conservative voices" are being censored.  It isn't true, there are non stop conservative voices on twitter and facebook still posting away undeterred by anyone who has been suspended/banned.  

I agree 100% I'm sorry that people thought I was doing something other than agreeing with that. I guess I had difficulty expressing myself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Llevron said:

Yee-hawdists 

Please do not let this turn of phrase die. It is too accurate

15 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This is expansion of free speech rights.  

Try again, preferably at a red light.  :ols:

It was the wrong one. I apologized. I will take my time to give you the thingw I was talking about. Mostly they have been state house bills. You are right there hasn't been a bill that has hit the floor yet. Do you not think such a bill is coming in the next 3 months? There has to be something that is going to happen. And there should be, what happened at the capitol was awful and dangerous. But it could go too far also. 

13 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/949?s=1&r=9

Here is the latest one. I found it while driving and talking to my phone what a world we live in sorry it was so difficult. 

@XxSpearheadxX, though I disagree about the level of concern that is warranted, I feel like you're honestly concerned about the continued protection for one of our most enshrined rights.  But as Visionary pointed out, this would not be the right thread for it (I know you've acknowledged it too and I know sometimes it's hard to drop the subject in the context of a heated debate that includes ridiculing from others).  If you want to discuss this topic further, you can do a quick search to see if one of the existing thread fits and if no such thread exists, start a new one.

I did want to mention that the bill introduced by Rep Scalise got no where (referred to committee is a polite way of the rest of the house saying no).  It would take quite the mechanism to sneakily subvert the first amendment through legislative means to the extent of silencing dissent.  I don't want to say impossible, but it would be one long slippery slope imo.  It's a fine debate to have.  Just not here🍻

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Bang said:

Remember that bill introduced in Texas a couple years ago by some whacko trying to ban masturbation?

It would never pass...the Kleenex/Vaseline lobby is just to strong.  Also the NRA would likely step in 'cause your limiting peoples right to discharge their weapon.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Do you not think such a bill is coming in the next 3 months?

I do not.  I further think that wherever you are getting these ideas from is not giving you good information, and so you should rethink getting your info from him/her/them/it.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, bearrock said:

@XxSpearheadxX,   Just not here🍻

Thats cool  it organically occured, I wasn't planning on getting on a soap box having tomatos thrown at me. 

Does anyone have any info on if there have  been any raids to stop these other 50 suspected attacks? 

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I do not.  I further think that wherever you are getting these ideas from is not giving you good information, and so you should rethink getting your info from him/her/them/it.  

Its actually from my own brain 😂 But thanks. I seriously haven't heard what I am saying from somewhere else. 

• Like 1