Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

3 minutes ago, PCS said:

Lauren Boebert is a dumbass, but I also don't feel sorry for anyone who gripes that "omg, the dumbass I wrote a scathing article about" blocked me!  after all I am a STATEWIDE POLITICAL COLUMNIST and now I need to write another article recapping everything!"

And I hope Boebert keeps spouting off, she needs to keep further exposing herself as to how bad she is.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, China said:

Prosecutors weigh ‘heavy hammer’ — felony murder — for rioters in Capitol officer’s death

As federal prosecutors file charges against rioters who took part in last Wednesday’s violent takeover of the U.S. Capitol, investigators continue to gather evidence in the death of Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick, who died from injuries sustained during the attack.

While most murder investigations focus on the person or persons who caused the fatal injury, former federal prosecutor Tim Heaphy said prosecutors could charge many rioters with felony murder, even if they were nowhere near Sicknick.

Heaphy led the monthslong investigation into the law enforcement performance before, during, and after the deadly 2017 white nationalist rally, in Charlottesville, Virginia. Heaphy was the U.S. Attorney for Western District of Virginia from December 2009 through January 2015, appointed by President Barack Obama.

Under the doctrine of felony murder, which applies in the District of Columbia, any murder that occurs during the commission of one of several underlying felonies is chargeable as felony murder.

“The classic example is if three guys go to rob a convenience store, and one guy is the getaway driver. If in the commission of the robbery, the clerk was shot and killed, all three of the participants in the robbery of the store are potentially guilty of felony murder,” said Heaphy.

On Jan. 6, hundreds of supporters of President Donald Trump broke through barricades and into the U.S. Capitol, as Congress worked to count the electoral votes to affirm President-Elect Joe Biden’s victory.

In the federal murder code, 11 underlying felonies which can be part of a felony murder charge are listed — one which could be applicable to the Jan. 6 takeover is burglary.

“You could look at the storming of the doors of the Capitol by that riotous mob as burglary. If they went in with the intent to steal, disrupt proceedings, to commit other offenses, they committed burglary. And, therefore, a murder that occurred during the course of a burglary could be potentially charged as felony murder,” Heaphy said.

Click on the link for the full article

They should all be charged with felony murder for the very fact that they were there and complicit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Spaceman Spiff I think social media has made almost everyone feel that they are entitled to things they're not (not being blocked for example). It's also led to so many annoying "whistle-blower" type posts where people "expose" more famous people who have blocked them or whatever. It's crazy to me how much some random person thinks we all care who chooses to follow them or not. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@Spaceman Spiff I think social media has made almost everyone feel that they are entitled to things they're not (not being blocked for example). It's also led to so many annoying "whistle-blower" type posts where people "expose" more famous people who have blocked them or whatever. It's crazy to me how much some random person thinks we all care who chooses to follow them or not. 

Everyone wants to be Eloi

22 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Lauren Boebert is a dumbass, but I also don't feel sorry for anyone who gripes that "omg, the dumbass I wrote a scathing article about" blocked me!  after all I am a STATEWIDE POLITICAL COLUMNIST and now I need to write another article recapping everything!"

You should be held to a different standard regarding facing the press if you hold public office.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

You should be held to a different standard regarding facing the press if you hold public office.

Eh...press conferences, etc. would be fine with me. 

But "not blocking" anyone across the globe who publishes anything about you seems like a pretty big expansion of the phrase "facing the press" to me. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

So. Someone at State changed trumps official biography to say his presidency ended tonight. 

early word is it’s a disgruntled person just being mad

seems like a dumb reason to lose your job. 

Especially one week before his term actually ends.  Stupid.  

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I've maintained for 20 years that politicians should be like doing standup.  

If you can't handle a heckler, you're in the wrong job.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

Especially one week before his term actually ends.  Stupid.  

I've maintained for 20 years that politicians should be like doing standup.  

If you can't handle a heckler, you're in the wrong job.  

I don't disagree with the point. But I think social media brings the public to famous people like we've never seen before. We're on a football board, so I'll make a football analogy...

The head coach should have to face the media for whatever mandatory press conferences are required by the team and the league. But I don't think they head coach should let anyone say anything they want at anytime on Twitter without the ability to block, mute, make his account private, etc. 

I'm wondering how the 70 TB worth of data pulled from Parler will help find these wackos and get them behind bars as well as stave off any future issues from groups looking to mobilize for the inauguration, if you were on Parler inciting violence you probably shouldn't feel too safe right now.

• Like 2

The worst thing to come out of this is that somehow if you don't agree with large federal government and central planning for the economy and society than your other option is to be labeled a white supremacist conspiracy theory nut job just because you want to have rational discussions about things. The push to "cancel" Heneicke is just the start. 

It is a sad day. 

3 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

, if you were on Parler inciting violence you probably shouldn't feel too safe right now.

Nor should you. I hope they all rot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

The worst thing to come out of this is that somehow if you don't agree with large federal government and central planning for the economy and society than your other option is to be labeled a white supremacist conspiracy theory nut job just because you want to have rational discussions about things. The push to "cancel" Heneicke is just the start. 

Sad that he and other Trump supporting NFL players were blacklisted and banned from playing.  Good thing none of them are in the playoffs now.  Oh wait....

Edited by visionary
  • Thanks 4

Just now, spjunkies said:

Should've thought about all of that prior to using independent platforms to organize riots. Sorry, but the sympathy jar is empty. 

Yeah its more than just organizing riots though, there was plenty of organized rioting all summer. If you storm tye capitol like that you deserve a bullet to the head (after a warning shot of course) 

2 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Yeah its more than just organizing riots though, there was plenty of organized rioting all summer. If you storm tye capitol like that you deserve a bullet to the head (after a warning shot of course) 

Those people didn't try to destroy democracy over the summer, let's stay on topic.

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 1

@visionary I'm sorry I don't catch your humor there. You think it is going to be good for the direction of our country to limit free speech and debate via grouping people that disagree with certain government designs with people who incited violence and attacked the state Capitol while senaye was in session?

You think such a thing is good? That precedent is a terrible thing. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

@visionary I'm sorry I don't catch your humor there. You think it is going to be good for the direction of our country to limit free speech and debate via grouping people that disagree with certain government designs with people who incited violence and attacked the state Capitol while senaye was in session?

You think such a thing is good? That precedent is a terrible thing. 

You're not entitled to free speech on the internet. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, stoshuaj said:

Shocker alert:

Liberty Univ. is lone holdout on rescinding Pres. Trump's honorary degrees

https://wset.com/news/local/liberty-university-only-university-to-not-rescind-president-donald-trumps-honorary-degrees

Serious question ... if any of us were offered an honorary degree from Liberty University, would you accept it?

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Those people didn't try to destroy democracy over the summer, let's stay on topic.

Don't tell me to stay on topic, I think you are projecting views on me that aren't mine. What occured at the capitol building was MUCH more than an organized riot. It was VERY different than even the attacks and firebombings of government buildings and police stations over the summer. 

If you can't see that what occured the other day is much more than "organized rioting" than I don't know what to tell you. 

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

You're not entitled to free speech on the internet. 

You absolutely are, on murican internet anyway 

• Haha 2