Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Appeals court grants Trump delay in releasing records to Jan. 6 probe

A federal appeals court on Thursday granted former President Donald Trump’s request to temporarily halt the release of White House records to lawmakers investigating the deadly Capitol invasion.

The court order came one day before the National Archives was set to begin producing those records to the House select committee probing the Jan. 6 attack. But that move is now on hold as the appeals court considers the case on an abbreviated schedule, with oral argument set for the morning of Nov. 30.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 2

CEO who threw chair inside Capitol on Jan. 6 gets jail time

The former chief executive of a tech company in suburban Chicago who lost his job after he threw a chair inside the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot was sentenced Friday to 30 days imprisonment.

U.S. District Judge Carl Nichols also ordered Bradley Rukstales, of Inverness, Illinois, to pay $500 in restitution, court records show.

Rukstales previously acknowledged he stormed the Capitol, threw a chair in the direction of police officers who had been forced to retreat from rioters, was nearby as a melee between officers and rioters broke out and had to be dragged away by officers after he refused to comply with attempts to get him up from the floor.

Though they said the officers weren’t in danger of being hit by the chair, prosecutors said Rukstales’ noncompliance added to the chaos in the Capitol.

In another sentencing on Friday, a Montana man who brought his 10-year-old son to Washington for Donald Trump’s “Stop the Steal” rally was given 60 days in prison for joining the mob that stormed the Capitol.

Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly told Boyd Camper that his presence in the mob “helped create the momentum for violence” and provided safety for violent rioters even though he personally didn’t attack law enforcement officers.

Camper arrived at the Capitol with his son but, before entering the building, asked one of his friends from Montana to stay with the boy because he saw the danger from clashes between police and rioters.

Click on the link for the full article 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Jim Jordan Melts Down As He Rants About The 1/6 Committee Coming For Mark Meadows

Jim Jordan melts down on Fox News while talking about the 1/6 Committee potentially criminally charging Mark Meadows.

This is so ridiculous. Mark Meadows didn’t do one thing wrong. He’s a good man who served our country and was the best chief of staff you could have. The idea they will do this– talk about having a chilling impact on the top advisor of the President Of The United States going forward what this means, it’s frightening where they want to go. But, this is where the Democrats are. They are focused so much on this January 6th, Commission because Maria, what else are they going to talk about?

I mean, they are going to talk about inflation, the chaos on our borders, are they going to talk about the price of energy where we went from energy independence where now the president is begging OPEC to increase production? Now they are going on at 200-year precedent if the top advisor to the president has to come in and testify? It’s as wrong as it gets.

If Mark Meadows did nothing wrong that he should have been sprinting to the 1/6 Committee to testify. The problem is that Meadows knows who Donald Trump was talking to and what they were talking about. One of the people who Trump was talking to on January 6th was Jim Jordan.

If the committee gets to Mark Meadows, they will be getting very close to Jim Jordan.

Click on the link for the full story

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

"QAnon shaman" gets 3+ years in prison.  

Good.

Emotionally I'm also in the "good" camp.

However, I see the guy as an attention whore, a goofball, and an a-hole... but not a violent, destructive criminal or terrorist. I actually think HIS sentence is harsh. There were many there that day that deserve a lot more prison time but won't even get what he got. 

Don't get me wrong- I have zero care for any of those idiots and zero sympathy for QAnon Shaman but I really didn't see him do much more than disrespect the chamber with his antics. Personally I'm not sure it warraned 3+ years.

(But anyway, GOOD.)  😁

Edited by Chachie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chachie said:

Emotionally I'm also in the "good" camp.

However, I see the guy as an attention whore, a goofball, and an a-hole... but not a violent, destructive criminal or terrorist. I actually think HIS sentence is harsh. There were many there that day that deserve a lot more prison time but won't even get what he got. 

Don't get me wrong- I have zero care for any of those idiots and zero sympathy for QAnon Shaman but I really didn't see him do much more than disrespect the chamber with his antics. Personally I'm not sure it deserved 3+ years.

(But anyway, GOOD.)  😁

He sought out the spotlight to become the face of the insurrection.  He entered the House chamber and sat in the Speaker's chair.  His high-profile presence there emboldened others. He left a note threatening the Vice President of the United States. 

Yeah, he is an attention whore, a goofball, and an a-hole.  He is ALSO a destructive criminal and a terrorist.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

He sought out the spotlight to become the face of the insurrection.  He entered the House chamber and sat in the Speaker's chair.  His high-profile presence there emboldened others. He left a note threatening the Vice President of the United States. 

Yeah, he is an attention whore, a goofball, and an a-hole.  He is ALSO a destructive criminal and a terrorist.

I was not aware he left a threat note for the VP. Don't know how I missed that in all this time.

29 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Well, he's also a convicted felon now, so he wouldn't be able to vote anyway, right?

He likely didn't vote for Trump either. But this keeps him from the next insurrection 

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

He left a note “It’s only a matter of time. Justice is coming.” 

I didnt know this happened either. But im glad they made an example out of him. I hope the rest of them see this ****. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

He left a note “It’s only a matter of time. Justice is coming.” 

He left that note for the VP on the Speaker's desk.

But, come to think of it, he could have written “It’s only a matter of time. Justice is coming” about himself in his journal. And he would have been right. 

Edited by Dan T.
  • Haha 1