Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath


Cooked Crack
 Share

Recommended Posts

‘They’re Running a Jail, Not a Hotel’: Judge Has Had It With Capitol Rioters Alleging Mistreatment

 

Capitol riot defendants have been complaining about the conditions in the Washington, D.C., jail where they’re being held. One judge isn’t having it. “They’re running a jail, not a hotel,” Judge Emmitt Sullivan said in a hearing on Wednesday. “Some people want hotel services.”

 

Some judges have been noting that they’re working with the D.C. jail to improve conditions, according to CNN, but Sullivan alleged many of the claims should be directed toward the jail, not brought up in court.

 

Click on the link for the full article

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

It seems that so many of them weren't prepared for their actions to have consequences...personal responsibility, anyone? 

 

IMG_0053.jpg

 

Ah, the "Now that you're 18 and a legal adult and let me explain what that means for you" talk I gave my daughter. Something about who's now legally responsible for you and if you're arrested, good luck to you.  She's kept herself clean ever since. She's 43 now.

 

 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

‘A roadmap for a coup’: inside Trump’s plot to steal the presidency

 

A startling memo, a surreal Oval Office encounter – just some of the twists in the unfolding story of Trump’s bid to cling to power, which critics say was no less than an attempted coup

 

On 4 January, the conservative lawyer John Eastman was summoned to the Oval Office to meet Donald Trump and Vice-President Mike Pence. Within 48 hours, Joe Biden’s victory in the 2020 presidential election would formally be certified by Congress, sealing Trump’s fate and removing him from the White House.

 

The atmosphere in the room was tense. The then US president was “fired up” to make what amounted to a last-ditch effort to overturn the election results and snatch a second term in office in the most powerful job on Earth.

 

Eastman, who had a decades-long reputation as a prominent conservative law professor, had already prepared a two-page memo in which he had outlined an incendiary scenario under which Pence, presiding over the joint session of Congress that was to be convened on 6 January, effectively overrides the votes of millions of Americans in seven states that Biden had won, then “gavels President Trump as re-elected”.

 

The Eastman memo, first revealed by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa in their book Peril, goes on to predict “howls” of protest from Democrats. The theory was that Pence, acting as the “ultimate arbiter” of the process, would then send the matter to the House of Representatives which, following an arcane rule that says that where no candidate has reached the necessary majority each state will have one vote, also decides to turn the world upside down and hand the election to the losing candidate, Donald Trump.

 

Eastman’s by now notorious memo, and the surreal encounter in the Oval Office, are among the central twists in the unfolding story of Trump’s audacious bid to hang on to power. They form the basis of what critics argue was nothing less than an attempted electoral coup.

 

In an interview with the Guardian, Eastman explained that he had been asked to prepare the memo by one of Trump’s “legal shop”. “They said can you focus first on the theory of what happens if there are not enough electoral votes certified. So I focused on that. But I said: ‘This is not my recommendation. I will have a fuller memo to you in a week outlining all of the various scenarios.’”

 

Inside the Oval Office, with the countdown on to 6 January, Trump urged Pence to listen closely to Eastman. “This guy’s a really respected constitutional lawyer,” the president said, according to the book I Alone Can Fix It.

 

Eastman, a member of the influential rightwing Federalist Society, told the Guardian that he made clear to both men that the account he had laid out in the short memo was not his preferred option. “The advice I gave the vice-president very explicitly was that I did not think he had the authority simply to declare which electors to count” or to “simply declare Trump re-elected”.

 

Eastman continued: “The vice-president turned to me directly and said, ‘Do you think I have such powers?’ I said, ‘I think it’s the weaker argument.’”

 

Instead, Eastman pointed to one of the scenarios in the longer six-page memo that he had prepared – “war-gaming” alternatives. His favorite was that the vice-president could adjourn the joint session of Congress on 6 January and send the electoral college votes back to states that Trump claimed he had lost unfairly so their legislatures could have another go at rooting out the fraud and illegality the president had been railing about since election day.

 

Click on the link for the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jan. 6 'Influencer' Who Said She's 'Definitely Not Going To Jail' Should Go To Jail, Feds Say

 

Federal prosecutors say an infamous Capitol attack defendant who traveled to Washington on a private plane and called Jan. 6 “one of the best days of my life” should spend time in prison, in part because she didn’t think she would.

 

Jenna Ryan was arrested in January after she openly bragged about her exploits at the Capitol on social media, livestreaming on Facebook from inside the building and tweeting a photo of herself standing at a broken window, captioning it “if the news doesn’t stop lying about us we’re going to come after their studios next...”

 

Ahead of Ryan’s sentencing this week, federal prosecutors said she should spend 60 days in prison because she knew the day could turn violent and said she was “going to war,” promoted violence at the Capitol, chanted “hang Mike Pence,” promoted violence against the news media, claimed she deserved “a medal” for what she did, spread false information about the riot, lied about her participation in the riot, and “sought to exploit her presence during the attack on the Capitol for profit.”

 

Click on the link for the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, China said:

Jan. 6 'Influencer' Who Said She's 'Definitely Not Going To Jail' Should Go To Jail, Feds Say

 

Federal prosecutors say an infamous Capitol attack defendant who traveled to Washington on a private plane and called Jan. 6 “one of the best days of my life” should spend time in prison, in part because she didn’t think she would.

 

Jenna Ryan was arrested in January after she openly bragged about her exploits at the Capitol on social media, livestreaming on Facebook from inside the building and tweeting a photo of herself standing at a broken window, captioning it “if the news doesn’t stop lying about us we’re going to come after their studios next...”

 

Ahead of Ryan’s sentencing this week, federal prosecutors said she should spend 60 days in prison because she knew the day could turn violent and said she was “going to war,” promoted violence at the Capitol, chanted “hang Mike Pence,” promoted violence against the news media, claimed she deserved “a medal” for what she did, spread false information about the riot, lied about her participation in the riot, and “sought to exploit her presence during the attack on the Capitol for profit.”

 

Click on the link for the full article

 

She needs more than 60 days in jail. 60 months sounds about right.

  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trump attorney told Pence's team that they were responsible for the Capitol riot, as they hid from the mob, report says

 

As Vice President Mike Pence hid from the mob entering the Capitol on January 6, Trump attorney John Eastman told Pence's team that they were to blame for the riot, a new report from The Washington Post says.

 

Eastman made the comments in an email exchange with top Pence aide Greg Jacob, who described the riot as a "siege" while he sheltered with the vice-president in a secure area.

"Thanks to your bull****, we are now under siege," Jacob wrote, according to the paper.

 

"The 'siege' is because YOU and your boss did not do what was necessary to allow this to be aired in a public way so that the American people can see for themselves what happened," Eastman replied, referring to Trump's false claims about the 2020 election being fraudulent.

 

Click on the link for the full article

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Califan007 said:

****, now I'm getting into a vaccine argument on Twitter with Travis Tritt lol...that's a sentence I never imagined would be said by me.

My friend was his roadie, gold record in his house.  I've heard so much **** about him.  Fans throw quarters at the stage and the workers clean up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

My friend was his roadie, gold record in his house.  I've heard so much **** about him.  Fans throw quarters at the stage and the workers clean up. 

 

Why do fans throw quarters at the stage? lol...I've never heard of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

Why do fans throw quarters at the stage? lol...I've never heard of that.


because they hurt more than dollar bills. Plus, dollar ills are a little harder to throw except when they are folded into paper airplanes. But, seriously who has time to make dollar bill airplanes? Not me, no sireeee

  • Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Califan007 said:

****, now I'm getting into a vaccine argument on Twitter with Travis Tritt lol...that's a sentence I never imagined would be said by me.

 

I just realized I put this in the wrong thread lol (d'oh!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...