Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

D.C.'s Acting U.S. Attorney Calls Scope Of Capitol Investigation 'Unprecedented'

The acting U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia, Michael Sherwin, says "hundreds" of people may ultimately face charges related to the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Wednesday, which interrupted a session of Congress and left five people dead.

Sherwin spoke with NPR's Martin Kaste in an exclusive interview Saturday evening about the multiagency investigation, the challenges officials face and what they'll be looking for.

Sherwin says he doesn't want to "Monday morning quarterback" the U.S. Capitol Police, but the fact that they allowed hundreds of potential suspects to leave the scene has made his job more difficult. Now he says staffers are putting in "24-hour shifts" to identify suspects, searching for evidence online and saving it before it can be deleted.

He says there's likely to be a wide array of criminal charges, ranging from destruction of federal property to murder. He also expects to find evidence of coordination among at least some of the rioters.

At the same time, Sherwin is careful about what to call the violence at the Capitol. He says it's not his place to make political judgments.

"I don't want this tyranny of labels saying this was sedition, this was a coup," Sherwin says. "But what I will say is, it was criminal."

And, he says, if the evidence points to crimes by elected officials — such as incitement of violence — he's prepared to bring the appropriate charges.

Click on the link for more

Des Moines man seen rioting at US Capitol booked into Polk County Jail

The Des Moines man seen in the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol has been booked into the Polk County Jail.

ap21006846560981.jpg?resize=660:*

Doug Jensen, 41, is being held there for now. He is one of several people wanted by the FBI in connection to Wednesday's riot.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

JPMorgan joins Citibank in rush to stop donations to the 'treason caucus' who voted to overturn the election - as online finance firm Stripe announces they will no longer process payments for Trump campaign website

More big businesses continued a boycott on Sunday of Republican members of Congress who followed Donald Trump's demands and voted to overturn the election. 

JPMorgan Chase said that it will pause all contributions from its political action committee for at least the next six months, saying 'the focus of business leaders, political leaders, civic leaders right now should be on governing and getting help to those who desperately need it most right now. There will be plenty of time for campaigning later.' 

U.S. digital payments company Stripe is to also stop processing payments for Trump's campaign website following the riot, a company spokesperson said.

Trump was still fundraising after the November 3rd election, apparently to build a legal fund to be used for election challenges, but the money was also to be used for travel and political activities in the future, including a possible 2024 presidential run. 

• Like 3

Canadian government weighs listing Proud Boys as terrorist group

Canadian authorities are collecting information about the far-right Proud Boys group as part of a possible terrorist designation, the federal Liberal government said Sunday as it faced calls to ban the organization over its role in last week's U.S. Capitol attack.

Public Safety Minister Bill Blair's office stopped short of saying when — or even if — the Proud Boys would actually be added to Canada's national list of terrorist organizations, which includes such groups as al-Qaeda, Hezbollah and ISIS.

• Like 3

What chapter of The Turner Diaries are we up to? Earl Turner ever storm the Capitol? He ever have elected officials aiding his cause? I know at some point in the book the white supremacists nuke American cities. Doesn't seem so far fetched now. 

Ah Journalism. Thanks L.A. Times.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/books/story/2021-01-08/kathleen-belew-on-the-turner-diaries%3f_amp=true

Edited by clietas

"I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump -- I have the tough people, but they don't play it tough -- until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad."

A lot of the country laughed this off two years ago. 

We seem to be at that "certain point" now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I knew this was going to happen when that chick made the post asking for names, email addresses and phone numbers. 

That’s trick number one lol. Those dumb redneck ****s fell for it cause they don’t have technology in the swamps. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I knew this was going to happen when that chick made the post asking for names, email addresses and phone numbers. 

That’s trick number one lol. Those dumb redneck ****s fell for it cause they don’t have technology in the swamps. 

That is one thing we have on our side, they're no right wing hacker organizations...at least none that come to mind.