Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

I don't know why anyone didn't expect it.

they told us they would. They've been telling us they would.
Fascism is an active "philosophy" it is not passive ideas. It requires action. They whipped these people up for years in methods that we have seen before to do exactly what they did.

Every single bit of this was predictable. If I've said it once i've said it on these pages a hundred times. Caught some laughter...  but I don't hear much of that anymore.
BELIEVE it when people make threats. They threatened this with their rhetoric for the last 20 years and truly amped it up during Obama. The undeniable FACT that the russians have been behind it should also double down anyone's alarms. They aren't doing this for fun.

And in among all my screaming here over the last four years, i did predict it, and i'm no genius for doing so. It's not hard to see.

"Best be ready" still applies.

They aren't finished. They WILL do it again, maybe not in the same fashion, but their goal is to never lose power again. And they clearly don't give a **** about the people they use to get it, or the country they destroy in the process.

They have shown this as clearly as anything anyone can see. The GOP and their followers ARE a clear and present danger to the United States, period.

Looking at them as any less is foolish. Treating them as any less is suicidal. They are at war. The people they are at war with still think it's some sort of play that will go over with words and votes. It will, til it doesn't. As we saw.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

"Tea? what are we, British? Oh yeah, and we wouldn't have had anything because nothing happened.  Couple of the cleaning crew were working in the halls, and the liberal media made such a big stink about it."

~Ron Johnson

Accused Capitol Rioter and Ex-NYPD Cop ‘Was Drunk’ During Jan. 6 Siege

Former New York City police officer and current Queens GOP district leader Philip Grillo admitted to the FBI that he breached the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection pro-Trump—but said he “was drunk at the time.” That’s according to an FBI search warrant application obtained by The Daily Beast, which says Grillo told agents after he was arrested on Feb. 22 that he “did not think he had done anything illegal and did not realize he was trespassing, and that he protected police officers inside the Capitol.” “Grillo also said that he tried to go ‘live’ on Facebook after being pushed inside the Capitol but that his phone did not let him do so,” the warrant application, which seeks access to Grillo’s Facebook account, states. However, investigators stated that Grillo’s phone pinged off a cell tower servicing the area in and around the Capitol building during the incident, and automated license plate readers picked up Grillo’s Chevy Traverse leaving New York the night of Jan. 5, arriving in D.C. at 2:10 a.m. on Jan. 6, and returning home several hours after the sacking of the Capitol was finished.

Screen_Shot_2021-05-21_at_12.19.36_PM_fr

Click on the link for the full article

13 minutes ago, China said:

From those poll results, I don't see how opposing a commission that could help the DOJ "pursue and prosecute those involved" would help anyone politically. So it just underscores that the Repubs opposing it are trying to protect Trump and the GOP in general (and for some, themselves).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

From those poll results, I don't see how opposing a commission that could help the DOJ "pursue and prosecute those involved" would help anyone politically. So it just underscores that the Repubs opposing it are trying to protect Trump and the GOP in general (and for some, themselves).

Don't leave out the "own the libs" factor, and i'm not even joking.
they are conditioned to simply go the opposite way against whatever any Democrat person who isn't them says.

Even to the point of treason.

~Bang

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I suspect that another factor is that they have to keep pushing the "Election stolen.  Massive fraud" lie, because it's their cover story for their voter disenfranchisement program.  

• Like 3

Collins Says She ‘Strongly’ Supports Jan. 6 Commission — But With Caveats

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) on Sunday signaled that she is supportive of an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, but that some modifications are needed for the House-passed bill to create the commission to pass through the Senate.

Last week, 35 House Republicans joined Democrats in voting for a 9/11-style bipartisan commission to look into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. All 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach former President Trump for “incitement of insurrection” crossed party lines to approve the measure in a 252-175 vote. The bill, however, is likely to hit snags in the Senate, where Republicans who previously signaled support for the commission’s formation have walked back their previous remarks.

Appearing on ABC News, Collins was pressed on why she won’t get on board with the commission as passed by the House, which gives Democrats a win on scope, given that she took aim at Trump for provoking the Capitol insurrection that left five dead.

• Haha 1

‘America First B****’: FBI Arrests Man Who Allegedly Admitted to ‘Fighting Riot Police’ in the Capitol Building

After posting a series of videos to social media appearing to show himself and others being tear gassed storming the Capitol building, an accused rioter boasted about “fighting riot police,” federal investigators wrote in a criminal complaint unsealed Friday.

Leonard-Ridge-selfie-from-inside-the-Cap

According to the charging documents, Leonard Pearso Ridge IV posted at least five videos from the siege at the U.S. Capitol that enabled the FBI to identify him, adding to the growing list of rioters whose social media bluster about participating in the insurrection have filled the pages of court documents.

“Let’s go, let’s go. Get in this ****,” Ridge allegedly yelled in one of the first Jan. 6 videos he uploaded to Snapchat. The FBI says the videos placed him among the pro-Donald Trump mob making its way up the Capitol steps.

Subsequent videos depicted Ridge inside the Capitol building, authorities say.

According to an FBI affidavit, one video captioned “currently making history” featured Ridge exclaiming “they’re gassing it, they’re gassing it,” in reference to Capitol Police deploying a chemical agent to stymie the mob; he ends the video by yelling, “America First ****!”

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 6:31 PM, China said:

Collins Says She ‘Strongly’ Supports Jan. 6 Commission — But With Caveats

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME) on Sunday signaled that she is supportive of an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, but that some modifications are needed for the House-passed bill to create the commission to pass through the Senate.

Last week, 35 House Republicans joined Democrats in voting for a 9/11-style bipartisan commission to look into the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. All 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach former President Trump for “incitement of insurrection” crossed party lines to approve the measure in a 252-175 vote. The bill, however, is likely to hit snags in the Senate, where Republicans who previously signaled support for the commission’s formation have walked back their previous remarks.

Appearing on ABC News, Collins was pressed on why she won’t get on board with the commission as passed by the House, which gives Democrats a win on scope, given that she took aim at Trump for provoking the Capitol insurrection that left five dead.

Nope, no more compromises from the Democrats. Tomorrow after my doctor's appointment, I'm going to write Manchin and Sistema  about dropping their attitude toward keeping the filibuster. They need to stop thinking about their Senate seats and instead think about the country. Enough of this **** trying to appease Republicans because they will never be appeased. It's all about power for them. It's not like the states are gerrymandered for Senate seats.

• Like 6

Filibuster fight looms over Jan. 6 commission

The Senate is heading for its first filibuster fight of the year over creating a commission to probe the Jan. 6 attack, reviving frustration over the procedural roadblock. 

The bill, which could come up as soon as this week, appears poised to fail absent a significant shift among Senate Republicans, as a growing number of GOP senators follow Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) decision to oppose the legislation. 

It would be the first time Republicans have successfully used the Senate’s rulebook to block a bill viewed by Democrats as a big priority in the wake of the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, where a pro-Trump mob breached the building as then-Vice President Mike Pence and lawmakers were counting the Electoral College vote. 

The stalemate is reviving questions for Democrats about what, if anything, can pick up the 10 GOP votes needed for most legislation to pass the Senate. 

“They have been careful to not have any major confrontation on the filibuster yet in this session of the Senate, but inevitably as we get into more difficult issues we may have to face it,” said Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.), the No. 2 Senate Democrat.

Sen. Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) tweeted that blocking the House bill would only inadvertently make the argument for reform advocates.

“Filibustering a bipartisan commission regarding the January 6 insurrection is a three dimensional way to make the point that the filibuster is primarily a destructive force in American politics,” he said. 

• Thanks 1