Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

Isn't that the whole point, how the top guy and his gaggle of minions planned to overthrow the government? 

Who cares what Cheney does with her future? She's definitely not electable in 2024, and she still votes mostly with the fascists.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Isn't that the whole point, how the top guy and his gaggle of minions planned to overthrow the government? 

Who cares what Cheney does with her future? She's definitely not electable in 2024, and she still votes mostly with the fascists.

Trump and his minions weren’t the only ones.  Biden and Garland made a big mistake. They should’ve created a special counsel back in February 2021.

There’s so much to what happened on 1/6 that won’t be explored.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2022 at 11:14 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Already discord among 1/6 committee staffers as the prepare their report.

The staffers feel Cheney is focusing solely on Trump when there are other elements.  The staffers also feel Cheney is using 1/6 report to springboard her presidential run.

Cheney isn’t the committee chair, so that’s shouldn’t trigger much discord.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

A Right-Wing Brawler Asked a Court to Protect Him From an Antifascist’s Tweets

FOR TWO MONTHS NOW, the animosity between right-wing activists and left-wing antifascists, which regularly leads to violence at street protests, has played out in a setting where physical combat is not allowed: the Los Angeles Superior Court in Torrance, California.

The legal battle began on September 3 when Adam Kiefer, a far-right activist, obtained a temporary restraining order against Chad Loder, an antifascist researcher who tweeted evidence that Kiefer was at the Capitol in Washington, D.C., during the January 6 riot.

Kiefer, 28, is a trucker from Riverside County, California, who has become a fixture at Proud Boys rallies and thrown punches at far-right protests against vaccine mandates and Black Lives Matter. Loder, 45, is a tech company founder and cybersecurity expert from Los Angeles who posts meticulous, open-source investigations of local right-wing extremists on a Twitter feed with more than 100,000 followers.

Loder has gathered evidence of Kiefer’s bellicose presence at these public events for more than a year. But on September 2, Loder seemed to strike a nerve by tweeting a detailed thread of visual evidence, gleaned by antifascist researchers from right-wing social media accounts, that appeared to show Kiefer among the rioters at the Capitol in January.

The next day, Kiefer asked for a temporary restraining order against Loder, claiming that Loder’s tweets about him — which document Kiefer’s behavior at public events — were a form of harassment akin to stalking. The family court commissioner who evaluated the application approved it, pending a hearing before a judge four weeks later, and issued an unusually broad order that barred Loder from even tweeting about Kiefer in the meantime.

Kiefer’s success immediately inspired two other far-right activists to ask the court for similar orders against Loder, who responded by filing a counterclaim that accuses Kiefer and his allies of abusing the legal system to shut down a kind of citizen journalism that is protected by the First Amendment.

Loder, who is nonbinary, told me in an interview last month that their tech career has given them the resources to hire lawyers to launch a multipronged legal counteroffensive, unlike Kiefer who is representing himself. Loder immediately defied the part of the court order that barred them from tweeting about Kiefer. “I just told my attorney, I refuse,” Loder said. “I have a First Amendment right to continue to do my reporting and to tweet about my case.”

After Kiefer reported Loder to the police six times in September for continuing to tweet about him, a local prosecutor filed contempt charges that could have sent Loder to jail for defying the restraining order.

TO UNDERSTAND WHY the people Loder reports on might be anxious to stop this research from being published, it helps to know that Loder’s expert use of publicly available images to identify and track right-wing extremists has already had legal consequences for some of Kiefer’s allies.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 2

• Cooked Crack changed the title to The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy)

I thought they were wrapping this up and writing the report, but:

Former White House deputy chief of staff meeting with January 6 committee Tuesday

The House select committee investigating the Capitol riot is interviewing former White House deputy chief of staff Tony Ornato on Tuesday, a potentially key witness whose testimony could shed new light on former President Donald Trump’s movements leading up to and on January 6, 2021, according to two sources familiar with the panel’s work.

Former Trump aide Cassidy Hutchinson testified back in June that Ornato, who transitioned back to his post at the US Secret Service after Trump left office and retired earlier this year, told her the former president lashed out in anger and lunged at a member of his protective detail as he demanded to be taken to the Capitol on January 6.

Tuesday’s virtual interview is the first time Ornato has met with the panel since Hutchinson’s testimony. Ornato met with the committee twice prior to his expected interview on Tuesday, once in January and again in March.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb up 1

28 minutes ago, The Annoying Buzz said:

Anyone know why Rhodes was found not guilty on the conspiracy charge?

I’m not an expert on this, but I believe the ones who were not found guilty on that charge (Rhodes and Caldwell) did not physically go in the Capitol where the ones who were found guilty did.  I could be wrong, but I think that’s the case.

28 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm assuming Caldwell is the clown who organized Charlottesville?  Yeah, **** that guy.  I wanna see him go down hard. 

I don’t believe he was responsible.  That was Richard Spencer and Jason Kessler.  Caldwell doesn’t have the skills to pull something like that off.

• Thanks 2

Beware of Those Who Believe They Were Sent By God or DNA

We are mid-point in a recurrent arc of history that’s been experienced by our ancestors, by those in other lands, by nations all the way back to the earliest cities of pre-history.

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/thom-hartmann/104151/beware-of-those-who-believe-they-were-sent-by-god-or-dna?fbclid=IwAR2Xd51RdTIVjpd4fsrcuHcDbTWzkHi7mkD0cMRzjKjmT-vHxOBRV68CMOg

• Thanks 1