Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Washington's Ron Rivera 'not apologizing for winning' in wake of Jalen Hurts benching

TK

13 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Giants HC is mad..Saying it is disrespectful to the game for what the Eagles did...lol

Can you imagine being the coach of a six and ten team and approaching the podium to angrily say, "We were robbed. We deserved to be in the playoffs!"

I mean seriously? It's crazy. He won .375% of his games.

25 minutes ago, dyst said:

OK NFL...

1. Our starting QB is no longer on the team.

2. Our backup QB is out for the year.

3. Our current starting QB has one leg.

4. Our starting RB is coming off injury.

5. Our starting #1 WR is coming off injury.

6. Our #2 WR has been out all year.

7. We have also shuffled linemen on offense.

8. Our starting safety is out for the year.

9. Our other safety is also out for the year

10. Our backup, yet highly disruptive DT is out for the year. 

We faced just as much hardship as any team in this league on just our QB situation alone. Want to make the playoffs, then win the division.

#3 This fanbase should be incredibly thankful for this one legged legend. 

#7 Left side took time to find something that worked. 

#8 That starting safety who is out for the year was replaced by a better player. 

#10 Fair to call Ioannidis our top pass rusher outside of potentially Chase Young. Wonder if he becomes dominant or plateaus. 

12 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Jalen Hurts was benched because it was obvious he was not getting the job done.  Yes, Sudfeld wouldn't either but he really didn't do that much worse than Jalen.

They threw the game. Hurts gave them a better chance to win. Stop lying to yourself. Accept the gift and make some noise in the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I'm pretty sure we were watching the same game last night... but when Hurts was pulled, I felt immediate relief... Just like the North Vietnamese felt when we canceled Operation Linebacker II (strategic bombing campaign).

Based on our collective relaxation of fans/people who actually cared about the outcome, I agree with the media's assertion that Hurts was the better-equipped man to beat us.

I was more worried. After we dodged them using our gift to take the lead, I pretty much KNEW Hurts was not going to help them. Any fear stemmed from the fact that their defense was playing better than I expected.  Gibson missed about 40-60 yards because of how good that defense was tackling (a major indicator that the coaches were playing to win).

24 minutes ago, petey hodge said:

I'm pretty sure we were watching the same game last night... but when Hurts was pulled, I felt immediate relief...

For sure! But like I said, the announcers and media were like "OMG the Iggles had the knife to their throat and let them live!" lol 

58 minutes ago, dyst said:

OK NFL...

1. Our starting QB is no longer on the team.

2. Our backup QB is out for the year.

3. Our current starting QB has one leg.

4. Our starting RB is coming off injury.

5. Our starting #1 WR is coming off injury.

6. Our #2 WR has been out all year.

7. We have also shuffled linemen on offense.

8. Our starting safety is out for the year.

9. Our other safety is also out for the year

10. Our backup, yet highly disruptive DT is out for the year. 

We faced just as much hardship as any team in this league on just our QB situation alone. Want to make the playoffs, then win the division.

Add our head coach fought cancer most of the year. Hoisting up that Lombardi is going to be incredible. Mark this please.

11 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

I was more worried. After we dodged them using our gift to take the lead, I pretty much KNEW Hurts was not going to help them. Any fear stemmed from the fact that their defense was playing better than I expected.  Gibson missed about 40-60 yards because of how good that defense was tackling (a major indicator that the coaches were playing to win).

I was more concerned with how Alex was playing than anything else. His play kept the eagles defense playing fast. If Alex was mobile this game is not close. Just from my own experience (for what its worth), after I broke my leg, I lost a bit of confidence when I lost some of my speed. Alex is literally trying to change who he is on the football field while dealing with a injury. That's hard. He's in the process of learning to play like Phillip Rivers. That's natural for Phillip....not for Alex. 

I am so glad that Pederson did what he did.  Hurts wasn't going to win the game throwing the football.  Hurts may have won the game with his legs, but that may not not have been what his coach wanted.  While the NFL and the SNF crew were all crying for the Vagiants, it doesn't matter.  They can all SUCK it.  The WFT won the game and are the NFC East Champs and nothing is going to change that.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah its ridiculous. Hurts was 7/20 for 70 yards and a pick. Sure he led two TD drives, but one was gifted by something like three defensive penalties. He made a couple nice plays with his legs, but that's it. People acting like Pederson benched Aaron Rodgers or something. Good grief.

No, It’s not ridiculous, there’s more to the stat line then 7/20, he rolled all over us with his feet and we had no answer. Many of those running plays the Eagles had were gifted holds that weren’t called, Hurts staying in the game would had added to more non calls on holding. Everytime Hurts ran, I held my breathe (I’m sure Ron and Del Rio did too). The majority of people watching the game last night felt the Eagles had a better shot at winning with Hurts. They wouldn’t be calling for Peterson’s firing if that wasn’t the case. 

That being said, go Football Team! 😆. Can’t wait to see Chase Young and crew go against Brady.

53 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Can you imagine being the coach of a six and ten team and approaching the podium to angrily say, "We were robbed. We deserved to be in the playoffs!"

I mean seriously? It's crazy. He won .375% of his games.

Didn’t Judge accuse the Eagles of “Disrespecting” the game for not competing for 60min?😆

Do I think the Eagles brass wanted to lose?  Yes.  It was obvious from before the game, they were sitting everyone.  Still so what?  What does Pederson owe the Giants?  It's his right to do whatever the heck he wants. 

Giant players and fans are whining to no end.  Now their coach is doing it too.   Comes off pathetic.  They went 6-10.  You'd think they were like Miami, snakebitten missing the playoffs at 10-6.   We have to stop losing our head to head games against that team.  They've owned us even though they haven't been that good.  Hopefully in 2021 we put a stop to it.   I hate the Giants. 

17 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

No, It’s not ridiculous, there’s more to the stat line then 7/20, he rolled all over us with his feet and we had no answer. Many of those running plays the Eagles had were gifted holds that weren’t called, Hurts staying in the game would had added to more non calls on holding. Everytime Hurts ran, I held my breathe (I’m sure Ron and Del Rio did too). The majority of people watching the game last night felt the Eagles had a better shot at winning with Hurts. They wouldn’t be calling for Peterson’s firing if that wasn’t the case. 

That being said, go Football Team! 😆. Can’t wait to see Chase Young and crew go against Brady.

7 yards rushing in the 2nd half. 8 yards passing.  He was hardly causing folks to hold their breathe.

his rushes were 2, 9, 1, 6, 4, 6, 4, 3

Don't care. Washington won. The eagles were losing into the fourth quarter before benching Hurts yet the media wants us to believe that Hurts would have definitely led the eagles to a win? I don't do hypotheticals. We won and are playing Tampa Bay next Saturday. Joe Judge can cry all he wants while he watches Washington play next Saturday. 

47 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

7 yards rushing in the 2nd half. 8 yards passing.  He was hardly causing folks to hold their breathe.

his rushes were 2, 9, 1, 6, 4, 6, 4, 3

Honest question, do you think Nate was brought in because Doug thought he gave them the best chance at winning the game?

I don't care what Pederson did.  However, he should just be honest about it.  It's obvious he wasn't really trying to win the game by putting that other QB in the game.  Pederson should just admit that he wanted to evaluate the other dude and he didn't care about winning the game.  I don't know why Pederson feels that he needs to lie about this.  

1 hour ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

I disagree with your assessment.  If Hurts "rolled all over us", then they would have had more than 14 points after 3 quarters.  It was a close game that could have gone either way.

I like this constant drum beat.  The whole week the guys are gonna hear how they don't belong in the playoffs and how the only reason they are there is because Philly let them.  If that doesn't make 'em come out against Tampa with a chip I don't know what will.

Archived