Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Be Beforewarned: The Pirate Ship Docks in Pugeout Sound - Saturday Night

Good morning friends,

First off, congrats on the big win last night against those Eagles.  You really shut down that offense, especially in the 4th quarter.  

With those salutations out of the way, let's talk about turkey.  We are on a collision course with each other together come Saturday night.

It's been awhile since our paths have crossed.  Here's some updates since our last meeting in 2016:

- Bruce Arians is now the head coach.  You can read about him here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Arians

- Rob Johnson has moved on to a new journey and continues his winning ways as a Bass Masters champion

- We signed Antonio Brown (no relation to Tim).

- We drafted Ali Marpet.

- And...last but not least...we extended Cam Brate's contract.

So, as you can see, grass isn't growing between Jason Licht's toes here.

This has been a very slow, very calculating process to build the foundation on solid ground of skill, talent, leadership, and skill.  All year long you have seen this team on display with a passing game, running game, defense, and special teams.  Cootos should be given to both Licht and Arians on bringing us back to where we belong atop the NFL League hill.  The playoffs are starting now.  Let's get to the predictions and hopefully some healthy dialogue can be had between us with this week leading up to the weekend.

What? - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (World Champions) vs. team

Where? - Washington, USA

Date? - January 9, 2021

Field? - Grass

Announcers? - Yes

Spread? - Bucs by 29.5

When the Champs have the ball:

The return of one Ronald Jones II (2nd, not Jr.) has injected spark and electricity into the veins of this city.  Jones II averaged 5 yards per carry yesterday.  The OL continues to impress with Marpet as the anchor.  Donovan Smith and Tristin Worths play T (tackle).  The Football Team has some pretty big dogs on the defensive line that love to tackle.  That's a good thing for the football team.  Even though we no longer have the services of Demar Dotson, Worths is more than capable to hold his own against that powerful d-line.  Look for a mixture of pass and run from the Bucs as they try to confuse the football team's coaches.

When the Football Team plays defense:

Gronkowski continue to flourish under Leftwich's offensive playcalling.  He has produced his best season in two years.  Looking forward to what a healthy, hungry Gronk brings to the table for this playoff run.  The football team will try to cover Gronk with Shade or Kerney.  The key word is "try".

Summarization:

This game is a long time coming between two historic franchises and fanbases.  I always look forward to our contests, especially when we (champs) win.  Always a pleasure to visit you! 

In this affair, I think the Bucs defense is just too much for the triad of Team QBs.  Here's how I see it:

Predictions:

A. Smith - 12/24, 222 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 1 pick

Wash RB - 11 carries, 63 yards, 0 TDs, 

Wash WR - 5 catches, 13 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick

Wash WR2 - 8 catches, 29 yards, 1 TD

D. Sanders - 3 PD, 0 INT

R. Jones - 17 carries, 119 yards, 2 TDs

M. Evans - 13 receptions, 188 yards, 2 TDs

C. Goodwin - 10 receptions, 100.3 yards, 3 TDs

Score:  Bucs 27, Team 11

Thoughts?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 28

Now that you no longer have Mike Alstott, I don't expect any further goal line shenanigans. You guys must be missing him badly, since there aren't any other players of note on your team. I expect a game to happen, and points to be scored. Your observations are otherwise spot on.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

TB12 doesn’t like to be hit and doesn’t handle it exceptionally well; a couple of up close and personal introductions to Chase, Montez and the Alabama boys and he will get happy feet.  I don’t expect to win, but it could be a very good game to watch (unlike last nights game).

• Like 1

Struggling today, late night plus early work will do that.

this is what the doctor ordered! And strangely I was just thinking about what happened to P42! 
great analysis of the pregame lead up, I predict a 2 QB system out of Tampa like the eagles tried with similar success 15-11 Washington 

• Like 1