Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I mean the headlines should be lambasting the eagles for throwing the game. They made a mockery of it in prime time, just an absolute joke. I hope this is a black eye on them for years to come.

at full health we barely snuck by a tanking, short handed team. No random fan came away from that game thinking that WFT proved anything, but they did come away thinking what a low move this was by the eagles. 

I live in ny and took great joy shoveling in my redskins hat and hoodie this morning.

NBC has to be pissed because they flexed this game. 😆

• Like 1

I LOVE all the SALT.  Even if we lose next week it'll be all worth it watching Cowboy, Giants, and all the hot takes about how the Eagles should play spoiler.

Last night and this morning has been a blast watching ESPN.

• Like 1

We only have 3 threats on offense and 2 of them played hurt and we don't have much working at the QB position.

We don't owe anyone an apology, we grinded out the division because we're the toughest team in the East.

The Giants won 6 games, you can't **** about not winning a division when you have 6 wins.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, CTskin said:

I mean the headlines should be lambasting the eagles for throwing the game. They made a mockery of it in prime time, just an absolute joke. I hope this is a black eye on them for years to come.

This type of thing happens in week 17 every year. It'll be forgotten by next week.

In fact, the Eagles looked like they were trying harder than most teams in that situation. A lot of coaches have treated this situation as a preseason game and trotted out the second- and third-stringers for the whole game.

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

This type of thing happens in week 17 every year. It'll be forgotten by next week.

In fact, the Eagles looked like they were trying harder than most teams in that situation. A lot of coaches have treated this situation as a preseason game and trotted out the second- and third-stringers for the whole game.

Yeah, I think it was the way it went down more than anything else. If the Eagles had just played Sudfield all game, WFT probably wins like 24-3 and the tank isnt as much of a story.

And even though the Giants have only themselves to blame for not winning at least 7 games this year, I think they can point to a couple games in relatively recent years where they went all out in finales when they could've rested guys. Notably 2007 vs the Pats and 2016 vs the Skins. I know the Giants have mostly stunk otherwise, so dont know how often they have performed in games where the outcome had playoff implications to other teams.

And the Skins have rarely been in the position of needing help in the last week because we've been bad recently. But if the shoe was on the proverbial other foot, I think youd have a split on here between people who would rightfully blame WFT for not winning more games and those who would feel screwed by Doug Pederson.

17 minutes ago, Redd said:

I LOVE all the SALT.  Even if we lose next week it'll be all worth it watching Cowboy, Giants, and all the hot takes about how the Eagles should play spoiler.

Last night and this morning has been a blast watching ESPN.

They barely mentioned it on GMFB, except Alex, of course.  Which is awesome, but DAMN! It's the division!

5 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Yeah, I think it was the way it went down more than anything else. If the Eagles had just played Sudfield all game, WFT probably wins like 24-3 and the tank isnt as much of a story.

I don't think most coaches get this strategic about off-season planning, but it's possible that that Pederson was trying to showcase Hurts in primetime as trade bait. I'd say that didn't go well. 😄

Either Wentz or Hurts (or both) have to be dealt.

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but there is a scene in "American Crime Story" (the OJ Simpson story) where Fred Goldman says something along the lines of "My son is a byline in his own murder". Thats how I feel about the WFT right now, we won our division, but we're not legit. I feel like the only way we'll be taken seriously is to knock out Brady in the playoffs. Of course, whether we're taken seriously has no bearing us winning, but...its just frustrating. Its irritating that the NFL is a "tough league", yet our toughness is being overshadowed by a bunch of crybabies. I know this won't be a big deal down the line, but the media won't even let us enjoy our victory for a day. I hope we crush Brady, I hope we embarrass him on national tv.

• Like 2

I think it’s funny with all the talk about Giants fans.  They would have won the division @ 6-10 had we lost!  That **** is hilarious to me.  Poor Giants fans didn’t see their team win the division with a 6-10 record LOL All the **** talk to Eagles fans is said in jest.  At least I hope it is Jim Carrey Lol GIF

Both the sports media and sports fans in NYC think they invented football, so not only can we celebrate the W, we get to see them go full complex on social media. I’m gonna carefully select my lunch to make sure it’s conducive to reading time. 

2 minutes ago, SkinsFanRob said:

The thing is though we lost some close games. Both the giants games and the lions game could have gone either way at the end. We could be a 10-6 team with a couple breaks. 

Also with better QB play (meaning, not haskins), i think we beat the cardinals in week 2 and the browns in week 3. That would’ve added a couple wins onto our record as well 

• Like 1

I'd like to think if we switched places with the Giants, we'd be different - but I know better than that.

I doubt we'd be getting all the "What WFT fans are thinking..." discussions during the broadcast.  But I have no doubts that this place would be riddled with folks saying that the Eagles lost on purpose just the same as we're hearing from the other side.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I woke up this morning, excited to see what all of the sports shows on tv and the analysts would be saying about us winning the division. Everything was about how the Eagles tanked and if they (the sports pundit) were Giants fans, they would be pissed. Now, lets be honest, the Eagles had no interest in winning that game, they had a good chance with Hurts (even though his stats say different), but they weren't guaranteed to win. Anyways, I think this pisses me off for a few reasons:

1. We won the division, whether you like it or not. These same people who were saying "you have to control your own destiny" are now crying for the Giants because another team didn't win FOR them. We controlled our destiny, we won, yet we get no credit for our success, its frustrating.

2. Plenty of people have been telling plenty of teams to outright tank this year. Just last week, everyone was laughing at the Jets for WINNING and not tanking for the #1 pick. So, why do the Jets get laughed at for NOT tanking and the Eagles get vitriol FOR tanking? I don't get the inconsistency...

3. We just can't have nice things, I know we're not a very good team, but our guys worked hard to get the division. It annoys me that everyone is trying to take that victory away from them, I'm sure we wouldn't be having this conversation if the Cowboys or Giants actually got to advance. I don't know, maybe the negative sentiment will put a fire under our guy's asses. I'm sure they don't like, not only being told they're going to lose to Brady, but their current victory isn't legit. This could actually work out in our favor.

Sorry, this is a bit scrambled, trying to type this out before I have to leave for work.

I cannot understand the Eagles tank argument. If they were tanking, Gibson would have had 40-60 more yards rushing. The second half played out very much like second halves for WFT since the loss to the Rams. The Eagles are just not good, do people really not understand the difference between being bad and tanking?

3 hours ago, Burgold said:

I think the league got screwed twice :silly:

They REALLY wanted Brady vs. the Cowboys. They thought they could settle for the Giants vs. Brady. They got Washington (who defensively has a shot of actually ending the Brady storyline which they would really, really, really hate. You have to imagine TB will win because Brady is a healthy, rich man's Alex Smith and because of how limited we are offensively, but still. Imagine how unhappy "they" would be if Brady fell in the first round?

What worries me most is our offense against Tampa's defense. I have little worry that our defense can shut Brady down (though I don't think Brady will give us any points).  I really think Saturday night will go to the first team to 21.

I still haven't fully processed the garbage i had to ingest last night but all the gaslighting in the world isn't going to convince me that I didn't see what I saw.

The eagles had nothing to play for so it was sort of like a pre season game for them, play the backups and see who puts in the most effort and makes the most plays, they had no real desire to win and made decisions based off that desire hoping the other team would be able to capitalize and make it easy for them.

That's where my anger and frustration lies.

We had a team that was trying to play the best football it could while evaluating younger players for the future and Essentially opening a door for us to just walk through but instead we tripped, hit our heads on the door jam, got up tripped again splitting our lips open on the door knob then got up again and fell head first through the door.

Those late fumbles and interceptions were embarrassingly inexcusable under the circumstances and we really have no business being in the playoffs.

For a short period of time we were playing some flawed but decent football and we had a winning streak because of it, unfortunately we have regressed to the garbage we were putting on the field earlier in the season.

If we play like that Saturday (which honestly is what i expect to happen) we'll be absolutely obliterated by the buccaneers.

I honestly wish I felt better about this team, I want to be excited for a change but I'm struggling to be happy with what happened last night despite the outcome of a division title and a home playoff game.

7 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

What worries me most is our offense against Tampa's defense. I have little worry that our defense can shut Brady down (though I don't think Brady will give us any points).  I really think Saturday night will go to the first team to 21.

Me too. I think we're playing with house money though. We've exceeded everyone's expectations including our own. If we lose we lose. If we play a competitive game we gain "field-cred". If we win, we shock the world.

Right now though, I'd be surprised to see our offense be effective unless Alex's health/mobility improves a lot over the next week. Right now, he can't do much except as a drop back statue. I think he's checking down even more than usual because he knows he can't afford to take a hit. That trickles down to the run game because the defenders know they only  have to defend about ten yards of field.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Funny thing is, one of my friends is a HUGE giants fan, and he texted me so many times during the game, especially when hurts went out, and he was like “what the **** Doug!!! What are you doing!!!!”. When the eagles decided to go for the TD (and failed), ohhhh man, his meltdown was hilarious 😂😂😂  

And one of my brothers friends is a giants fan, he was like “you guys should send a gift basket to Doug for what he did!” 

7 completions in 20 attempts.  An interception that gave WFT 3 points. First touchdown drive was aided by WFT. Gets the ball inside the RZ and fails.

2 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I still haven't fully processed the garbage i had to ingest last night but all the gaslighting in the world isn't going to convince me that I didn't see what I saw.

The eagles had nothing to play for so it was sort of like a pre season game for them, play the backups and see who puts in the most effort and makes the most plays, they had no real desire to win and made decisions based off that desire hoping the other team would be able to capitalize and make it easy for them.

That's where my anger and frustration lies.

We had a team that was trying to play the best football it could while evaluating younger players for the future and Essentially opening a door for us to just walk through but instead we tripped, hit our heads on the door jam, got up tripped again splitting our lips open on the door knob then got up again and fell head first through the door.

Those late fumbles and interceptions were embarrassingly inexcusable under the circumstances and we really have no business being in the playoffs.

For a short period of time we were playing some flawed but decent football and we had a winning streak because of it, unfortunately we have regressed to the garbage we were putting on the field earlier in the season.

If we play like that Saturday (which honestly is what i expect to happen) we'll be absolutely obliterated by the buccaneers.

I honestly wish I felt better about this team, I want to be excited for a change but I'm struggling to be happy with what happened last night despite the outcome of a division title and a home playoff game.

I think there were several things going on. One) Alex was genuinely hurt and toughing it out on one leg. Two) the Team is not a good team, but they're a gritty scrappy team. They're just talented enough to blow anyone out of the water Three) Philly is a bit of a mirage. They're obviously better than their record. More, because it was a preseason game we saw their absolute best effort. Every back up that played played for a job, played to prove they could be a starter, etc. Four) I think there was a monkey riding the backs of Washington's players. We've had so many years of choking and failing in big moments going all the way back to the Cousins' years and really all the way back to Gibbs II. Think about it, the Redskins needed to beat off the demons that they always lose these games. That they always lose prime time games. That they always lose games when the refs stack the deck against them.

And they did. Hopefully, they put a stake in that vampire.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but there is a scene in "American Crime Story" (the OJ Simpson story) where Fred Goldman says something along the lines of "My son is a byline in his own murder". Thats how I feel about the WFT right now, we won our division, but we're not legit. I feel like the only way we'll be taken seriously is to knock out Brady in the playoffs. Of course, whether we're taken seriously has no bearing us winning, but...its just frustrating. Its irritating that the NFL is a "tough league", yet our toughness is being overshadowed by a bunch of crybabies. I know this won't be a big deal down the line, but the media won't even let us enjoy our victory for a day. I hope we crush Brady, I hope we embarrass him on national tv.

This is actually a great gift from the football gods.

”Every historic upset begins with an opponent’s extreme overconfidence bordering on disrespect.” Goliath on his loss to David

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

7 completions in 20 attempts.  An interception that gave WFT 3 points. First touchdown drive was aided by WFT. Gets the ball inside the RZ and fails.

We know this, it’s just that the salty giants fans don’t know it 😂

Edited by Cooleyfan1993