Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs: Wild Card Round: TampaTom @ Team: Predict the Winner


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

It’s US against the World Saturday night. I haven’t seen 1 pundit pick us, not that it matters.
 

The key stat for me is Ronald Jones and they’re run game. It gets forgotten but they are extra potent when he’s rolling. If we make them one dimensional we gain the upper hand.
 

If we can get Gibson churning out yards it can make a huge difference in this game and swing the tide to our favor. Run the Ball, Stop the Run, Play stout D (get to Brady EARLY).

Let’s Get It!

Not sure how solid our running game can be. Gibson is still not 100% and they have the best run defense in the league. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Defense can only do so much, our offense has to step up. That is the only way we can beat them.

 

On 1/5/2021 at 10:43 AM, NewCliche21 said:

 

Bro, I would love nothing more than to be wrong and have everyone rub it in my face.

 

Smith's condition really concerns me as it has echoes of Brunell in 2005.  Funny that we won the first round based on our defense against Tampa Bay, but we couldn't overcome Brunell (and our offensive line) being a gimpazoid (clinical term).

I think our coach is seeing the same thing, Heinicke has been taking snaps with the starters in practice.

Edited by RedskinsLegacy
Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of sacks and a few turnovers and we got this. Fuller will get a TD. 27 to 26 for the WFT.  Otherwise if we lose at least we have something to look forward to next year. The positivity hasn't been this strong for a long time.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna have to have at least 1 defensive TD to win this one IMO. The Bucs will use a quick passing game to offset our DL. And their defense is underrated as well. It is going to have to be a low scoring game or we lose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, moondog said:

Not sure how solid our running game can be. Gibson is still not 100% and they have the best run defense in the league. 

 

But they have a really bad pass defense. So to score on the Bucs then you are going to have to do it through the air. If Alex can't do it then Taylor will need to come in as he is more mobile. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, zskins said:

 

But they have a really bad pass defense. So to score on the Bucs then you are going to have to do it through the air. If Alex can't do it then Taylor will need to come in as he is more mobile. 

I actually think we have a shot with a mobile QB. If we can move our offense and put points on the board, we have a shot at controlling the clock and the game. If we can control it, we can win it. If Tampa controls it, it's going to get ugly.

 

Edited by RedskinsLegacy
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

I actually think we have a shot with a mobile QB. If we can move our offense and put points on the board, we have a shot at controlling the clock and the game. If we can control it, we can win it. If Tampa controls it, it's going to get ugly.

 

 

I don't think our D is going to let Tampa control the clock. :)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking. D-Hall picks Washington to win

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-bold-predictions-super-wild-card-weekend-ravens-run-into-record-books

 

"DeAngelo Hall: After Washington earned its playoff berth, Chase Young left the field saying, "Tom Brady, I'm coming!" The Football Team's defense backs up the rookie sack artist's message and overwhelms the Bucs' offensive line on Saturday night, sacking Tom Brady a season-high 10 TIMES. This kind of dominant effort can't not end in a Washington victory."

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the NFL would want TB to win.  Means Tom/Aaron match up next week likely and probably a Tom or Aaron versus Brees.  Now in the SB, you would have most likely one of those three versus Mahomes or (not as likely) Ben. So I am really worried that the refs will be biased because that is very likely the only way TB wins.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Looks like the NFL would want TB to win.  Means Tom/Aaron match up next week likely and probably a Tom or Aaron versus Brees.  Now in the SB, you would have most likely one of those three versus Mahomes or (not as likely) Ben. So I am really worried that the refs will be biased because that is very likely the only way TB wins.

Yeah. Someone on here last night (a different thread) said the NFL wants the Alex smith storybook ending to this season, meaning us in the super bowl and most likely against the student (mahomes). But i just feel like the NFL doesn’t want Snyder to win a super bowl at all 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah. Someone on here last night (a different thread) said the NFL wants the Alex smith storybook ending to this season, meaning us in the super bowl and most likely against the student (mahomes). But i just feel like the NFL doesn’t want Snyder to win a super bowl at all 

But with no bias (the only game that might need bias would be this game), you'd have nearly a 100-percent chance to get the match ups I mentioned. The Alex Smith story book season would likely take a lot of management by the NFL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

But with no bias (the only game that might need bias would be this game), you'd have nearly a 100-percent chance to get the match ups I mentioned. The Alex Smith story book season would likely take a lot of management by the NFL.

I know, I’m just saying in general, the NFL won’t ever be ok with us winning as long as Snyder is here 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrFan said:

 

 

Tampa will struggle to get more than 24 points against the WFT front four. 
 

it will take penalties and breaking one or two runs to score like they did against the Rams.

 

The last three games that the so called Brady Bucks scored a bunch of points Mr. Max Kellyisaman? was against bad defenses Falcons 2 times/Lions.

 

Against good defense no more 3 point difference in score. Giants would have beat them barring DJones INTs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually question how much the NFL decides the outcome of games, after what happened to NO, but you all are definitely onto something with the storybook stuff. Ray Lewis coming back from a normally career ending injury, Peyton Manning’s 2016 season, etc. If it is as scripted as the conspiracy theorists say I am very impressed the NFL manages to keep kayfabe alive in the internet age.
If it wasn't for Paloffs I probably would have given up this year. Rooting for Snyder's weasel heel stable sucks 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Looks like the NFL would want TB to win.  Means Tom/Aaron match up next week likely and probably a Tom or Aaron versus Brees.  Now in the SB, you would have most likely one of those three versus Mahomes or (not as likely) Ben. So I am really worried that the refs will be biased because that is very likely the only way TB wins.

 

I can already see the refs throwing the flag against us, now... a day before the game started. 

Washington is called for a 15 yard penalty, loss of a down for Excessive Crowd Noise

 

tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the negative media train as to us vs Brady. Hell, it's probably the story of the year (Brady vs Belichick).

But honestly, I think Stephen A. made a great point (and I can't stand that blowhard assclown).

Truth is, I believe in this team much more than I have in a long time. My hats off to Rivera and the organization- not little napoleon. 

Enjoy the ride, it's been the most encouraging experience I've had in years. Oh, and just for the official record, I believe we beat the Bucs tomorrow and shock the pundits.

 

HTTR!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...