Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs: Wild Card Round: TampaTom @ Team: Predict the Winner

88Comrade2000

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Right?  Week One this year against Philly we got eight.  With John Beck at quarterback against Buffalo a while back, we gave up TEN.  The idea that a line could only give up nine sacks all year is insane.

Greatest team of all time, the 91 Redskins, Rypein was only sacked 7 times all year, then Rutlege took 2 in the last half or the last game against that awesome Eagles defense that year.

On the Cowherd show this afternoon, think it was Cosell but said what Arians will do to start the game, is run 5 wide, keep 5 in to block and see how the protection holds up and go from there.  If we can't get to Brady early, it'll be a long game because our secondary won't hold up to their wide receivers.  

Hope for a win but I suspect we're gonna lose by 2 TD's.

Tampa 34

WFT 17

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is such a great indicator of the type of QB we want.  Brady's not the GOAT because of his arm, size, legs, accuracy, etc.  He's just that focused on getting better, game planning, getting the little details, etc.  That work ethic's gonna top a JaMarcus Russell cannon arm 9 times out of 8, no typo.

Since I’ve been called “negative” I’ll try to lighten up a bit I suppose.......

Simply put this team doesnt have a quarter back capable of beating Tampa Bay, Alex Smith’s story is outstanding but he has never been the guy anywhere and he isn’t it here and that was before the injury. Phenomenal game manager, not someone you build your franchise around as demonstrated by the 49ers and Chiefs already. 

The defense is good theirs is better, their offense is light years ahead of ours. It’s gonna be a blow out I think 

TOMpa Bay: 38

The Team that plays football: 10 

43 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

Since I’ve been called “negative” I’ll try to lighten up a bit I suppose.......

Simply put this team doesnt have a quarter back capable of beating Tampa Bay, Alex Smith’s story is outstanding but he has never been the guy anywhere and he isn’t it here and that was before the injury. Phenomenal game manager, not someone you build your franchise around as demonstrated by the 49ers and Chiefs already. 

The defense is good theirs is better, their offense is light years ahead of ours. It’s gonna be a blow out I think 

TOMpa Bay: 38

The Team that plays football: 10 

THATS lightened up? Yeah, I completely believe you have been called negative.

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

These two talking about TMC returning kicks/punts...I dunno.  At least he's got hands and he won't drop it like Sims will.  I don't think we see that happening, but Tampa having the worst special teams coverage is interesting.

In a nothing to lose game, I'd stick with Jr. and give him the chance to redeem himself.  TMC doesn't need any extra stress on his ankle and Jr. is used to his job returning.  Let Jr. do his job and break one off in the Buc!

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Week One this year against Philly we got eight.  With John Beck at quarterback against Buffalo a while back, we gave up TEN.  The idea that a line could only give up nine sacks all year is insane.

From what I saw from Big Ben and Brady wasn't that there OL was sooo good, rather their teams focused extra protection and these two elite vet QBs were excellent at Pre-snap protection calls and have experienced instinctive pocket presence.  Then, the microsecond they saw the protection fail, they knew to throw it away.  That's why both these guys rarely get sacked.  Now, when they do get sacked it's from a very fast blitzer.  Usually a LB'er or S and from that A or B gap nano blitz. 

If they only rush the front 4 there's little chance they'll get home vs 5 protecting and a 6th chipping.  Basically Brady will pick them apart and they'll be behind 2+ TDs quickly, like in the 1st Qrt.  JDR knows what's up.  One of the best DCs in the game.  Entertainment is watching the cat n mouse game.  WFT is playing with house money. Very Dangereous for TB.

Evans will be a game time decision...

TAMPA, Fla. -- Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans returned to practice Thursday for the first time since suffering a hyperextended left knee that knocked him out of last week's game after the first quarter.

Evans did activation and agility work, including squats and hamstring stretches, during the 30-minute portion of practice that was open to the media. He was listed as having limited participation Thursday and has an official designation of questionable for Saturday night's NFC wild-card game against the Washington Football Team.

"I think he's got a chance," Bucs coach Bruce Arians said of Evans' availability. "He'll be a game-time decision."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30668936/tampa-bay-buccaneers-wr-mike-evans-practice-game-decision-vs-washington

24 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Evans will be a game time decision...

TAMPA, Fla. -- Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans returned to practice Thursday for the first time since suffering a hyperextended left knee that knocked him out of last week's game after the first quarter.

Evans did activation and agility work, including squats and hamstring stretches, during the 30-minute portion of practice that was open to the media. He was listed as having limited participation Thursday and has an official designation of questionable for Saturday night's NFC wild-card game against the Washington Football Team.

"I think he's got a chance," Bucs coach Bruce Arians said of Evans' availability. "He'll be a game-time decision."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30668936/tampa-bay-buccaneers-wr-mike-evans-practice-game-decision-vs-washington

He's playing...Watch the video.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30668370

7 hours ago, TheShredder said:

He's playing...Watch the video.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=30668370

Meh.

Knee injuries are all about confidence that you can put weight on it and it wont buckle... even in that video, he looked scared to put any load on that knee.  I'd bet he's out... but sadly, there are a lot of other weapons we need to worry about.

If you didnt like my writeup on Evans #13, watch this scouting video instead.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47mj7x514tvrz1giotkb

It’s US against the World Saturday night. I haven’t seen 1 pundit pick us, not that it matters.

The key stat for me is Ronald Jones and they’re run game. It gets forgotten but they are extra potent when he’s rolling. If we make them one dimensional we gain the upper hand.

If we can get Gibson churning out yards it can make a huge difference in this game and swing the tide to our favor. Run the Ball, Stop the Run, Play stout D (get to Brady EARLY).

Let’s Get It!

I haven't listened to Cooley's whole drill on this but heard Sheehan say that Cooley's convinced they will pick on Kendall Fuller.  He said in off coverage Fuller gets fooled often by double moves from receivers and it leads to big plays.  He said Arians and Brady will easily spot that on film -- it will be up their alley to try to exploit that.

15 hours ago, TheShredder said:

If they only rush the front 4 there's little chance they'll get home vs 5 protecting and a 6th chipping.  Basically Brady will pick them apart and they'll be behind 2+ TDs quickly, like in the 1st Qrt.  JDR knows what's up.  One of the best DCs in the game.  Entertainment is watching the cat n mouse game.  WFT is playing with house money. Very Dangereous for TB.

interesting is that JDR has lost 9 out of 10 against Brady.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I haven't listened to Cooley's whole drill on this but heard Sheehan say that Cooley's convinced they will pick on Kendall Fuller.  He said in off coverage Fuller gets fooled often by double moves from receivers and it leads to big plays.  He said Arians and Brady will easily spot that on film -- it will be up their alley to try to exploit that.

Yep, I think the LBs and DBs need to actually outshine our DL in this game. If they play poorly, we’re screwed.

Archived