Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs: Wild Card Round: TampaTom @ Team: Predict the Winner

Rdskns2000

6 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

We flew down for that game and had a blast.  They gave out flags to everybody so I guess we captured their flag.  I still have a few of them as trophies.

DSCF0026.JPG

DSCF0038.JPG

Yeah, my buddy & I flew down for that game as well. A couple of things I remember:

Tampa had some special codeword "BUCS" (I think) that was sent out to season ticket holders to purchase tickets online BEFORE they went on sale to the GP. It was posted all over ES & we were able to cop 2 50 yard aisle seats 2nd row 2nd level on the Bucs side of the field. There were tons of Skins fans around us. 🤣

Stupid flags they gave out were used by the people in front of us until my buddy & I started singing HTTR as loud as we could after every good play the Skins made. They caught on & stopped waving the flag.

Sean getting kicked out of the game

• Like 1

Brady gets rid of the ball fast, or at least that will be the plan, so one of the keys is going to be not over pursuing your rush out of the play.  Sacks will be hard to come by early in the game due to the 3 step drops so instead of attempting futile things, concentrate on plugging throwing lanes, always get your arms and hands up to try and create barriers to the release of the ball. If you can't sack Brady early on, just make things more difficult.  I really think this game could be more about what Payne and Allen are able to do in the middle early on, which could setup more opportunities for Young & Sweat later in the game.  

• Like 3

We shock the world and get after Brady.  Chase Young has a strip sack and recovery for a TD to lead us.

Alex manages the game well and hits F1 for a long TD early to set the tone for our D with a lead.

Gibson has 125 total yards and grinds out an ugly but effective offensive attack

20-17

Alex actually has a winning record against Tom. He's 2-1.

Also, in the last full year that Alex played, in 2017, he put up Tom Brady numbers.

They both went neck and neck in stats. Pretty close, and in most areas, Smith actually bettered Brady.

Smith had a better completion percentage, better average yards, a "longer long", sacked the same times, and a higher QB Rating

If only Alex played as long as Tom, or didn't get hurt, he could really have made it a great competition.

Hopefully Alex's leg holds up, and this becomes the classic game that it looks like on paper.

Brady 385/581.  66.2%. 4577 Yards. 7.9 AVG. 64 LONG. 35 SACKS. 102.8 RATING

Smith 341/505.  67.5%.  4042 Yards.  8.0 AVG. 79 LONG. 35 SACKS. 104.7 RATING

Interesting graph comparing Tom vs Alex.

Mostly it's apples and oranges, since Tom has played so much more than Alex, so hard to compare, except for the averages.

https://nflcomparisons.com/tom-brady-vs-alex-smith-comparison/

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

I have the Bucs going to the Super Bowl. No shame in losing/getting smacked around by them in year one of a rebuild 

We keep it fairly close going into halftime but they have too much talent on both sides and our QB position is a disaster.

Bucs 31

WFT 16

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

Brady gets rid of the ball fast, or at least that will be the plan, so one of the keys is going to be not over pursuing your rush out of the play.  Sacks will be hard to come by early in the game due to the 3 step drops so instead of attempting futile things, concentrate on plugging throwing lanes, always get your arms and hands up to try and create barriers to the release of the ball. If you can't sack Brady early on, just make things more difficult.  I really think this game could be more about what Payne and Allen are able to do in the middle early on, which could setup more opportunities for Young & Sweat later in the game.  

Steelers game plan Rewind, play.

• Like 2

Watched the 1st ATL/TB game and ATL had them reeling by showing 6 on the blitz, dropping 1, rushing 5 and getting home.  They're not going to get anywhere rushing 4 enough to affect the game.  Need to show varying pre-snap blitz and send 5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

These two talking about TMC returning kicks/punts...I dunno.  At least he's got hands and he won't drop it like Sims will.  I don't think we see that happening, but Tampa having the worst special teams coverage is interesting.

Also, I don't think Chase Young really "called out" Tom Brady.  He just said he wants to go at him, he never "called out" Brady for something like being overrated or not that great or something along those lines.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

These two talking about TMC returning kicks/punts...I dunno.  At least he's got hands and he won't drop it like Sims will.  I don't think we see that happening, but Tampa having the worst special teams coverage is interesting.

Also, I don't think Chase Young really "called out" Tom Brady.  He just said he wants to go at him, he never "called out" Brady for something like being overrated or not that great or something along those lines.  

I'm just freaking out now that we have a playoff game in 2 days lol...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I'm just freaking out now that we have a playoff game in 2 days lol...

I'm excited, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  I don't expect a win, but I really just want to see the team play well and not get blown out.  I'm just happy we get to see another week of Chase Young, McLaurin and the rest.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm excited, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  I don't expect a win, but I really just want to see the team play well and not get blown out.  I'm just happy we get to see another week of Chase Young, McLaurin and the rest.  

If we don't win, I want to see Brady and the Bucs have to seriously play their asses off to beat us.

• Like 1

Just now, Califan007 said:

If we don't win, I want to see Brady and the Bucs have to seriously play their asses off to beat us.

Exactly.  I really want to see our defense make it hard for them.  They do a good job of protecting Brady but I think our guys can make it difficult for him.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Yeah, my buddy & I flew down for that game as well. A couple of things I remember:

Tampa had some special codeword "BUCS" (I think) that was sent out to season ticket holders to purchase tickets online BEFORE they went on sale to the GP. It was posted all over ES & we were able to cop 2 50 yard aisle seats 2nd row 2nd level on the Bucs side of the field. There were tons of Skins fans around us. 🤣

Stupid flags they gave out were used by the people in front of us until my buddy & I started singing HTTR as loud as we could after every good play the Skins made. They caught on & stopped waving the flag.

Sean getting kicked out of the game

One of the better trips for sure.  Our plane ride home was half Skins fans and we sang HTTR all the way home.

We almost flew out to Seattle for the next week but glad that we didn't.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Gave up 9 sacks all year?..that's extremely impressive 

Right?  Week One this year against Philly we got eight.  With John Beck at quarterback against Buffalo a while back, we gave up TEN.  The idea that a line could only give up nine sacks all year is insane.