Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs: Wild Card Round: TampaTom @ Team: Predict the Winner

1 hour ago, ThePackisback said:

I remember that game didn’t you guys win?

We won off of Sean Taylor's scoop and score.  Our offense did, objectively, nothing.  Seriously just 120 yards of total offense.  The following week in Seattle, against a Seahawks team with Shaun Alexander (MVP that year) knocked out of the game, only ten points.

With a healthy line and Brunell, I genuinely think we could've run the table.

Grant Paulsen said he appeared on a Tampa radio show today and they were fixated on the Chase Young comment about Brady.  You'd think that Chase predicted a victory or something outlandish.  But clearly, Tampa is turning that off hand comment by Chase as motivational fuel when you got Arians' talking about it and its making rounds on national shows. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

The Bucs may beat us but they are far from an indestructible force, they've been inconsistent until these last few games, they don't run the ball well and Tom has no mobility so I like the matchup if we can find some offense.

I know Chase didn't mean to say it the way he did but I wish he would have just kept quiet about the Tom thing, now he's got some pressure to perform at a super high level which he could do.

The way i see it, this is much different than a situation where a player makes this type of comment during an interview.  He's running off the field excited after an important win.  Brady doesn't listen to the noise anyways, so this changes nothing on his end.  Arians' comment is a bit different, clearly telling Chase Young and the WFT to bring it on.  Chase is going to be foaming at the mouth, and neither he nor his team have anything to lose.  No one would have predicted that the Redskins would be in this position at the end of the season.  It should be fun to watch.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

The way i see it, this is much different than a situation where a player makes this type of comment during an interview.  He's running off the field excited after an important win.  Brady doesn't listen to the noise anyways, so this changes nothing on his end.  Arians' comment is a bit different, clearly telling Chase Young and the WFT to bring it on.  Chase is going to be foaming at the mouth, and neither he nor his team have anything to lose.  No one would have predicted that the Redskins would be in this position at the end of the season.  It should be fun to watch.    

eh, ESPN was saying a while back that this would be a bad match up for Tampa if WFT won the devision.

I am guessing that Arian's concern is they'd play without enough of an edge since they are coming into the game as a heavy favorite so he's playing up Chase's comment to help ensure Tampa plays with an edge -- especially their O line.  Tampa has a really good O line so i'd bet Arians is challenging them to prove it this Saturday versus the WFT's hyped D line. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Tampa has a really good O line

This has to be a PFF thing, they are bottom 10 in the league in rushing so how does that equate to a really good O line?

Just my 2 cents.

17 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

This has to be a PFF thing, they are bottom 10 in the league in rushing so how does that equate to a really good O line?

Just my 2 cents.

Pass protection.    I am not going on a leap about them having a good O line, its practically cliche about Tampa.

And they are a pass first team like we are.  PFF ranks our O line high in pass protection, too.  we are also a pass first team with a poorly ranked running game -- it doesn't mean we have a bad O line. 

47 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Just my 2 cents.

Dove into Tampa's O line a bit more.  Not that PFF is the be all end all but some who work there claim their O line grades are the grades they are most confident in -- I gather they feel its the easiest position for them to grade for whatever reason.  

I've heard their O line touted numerous times especially in the context of Wirfs who according to some ended up the best rookie tackle of the ones from the last draft.

So for PFF they grade the run blocking as the 9th best in the league (they just grade the blocking not what the running back does with it) and pass blocking as #14.  Individually their O lineman were graded well.   So not killer but above average if you buy into PFF and NFL observer types. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 3.49.10 PM.png

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dove into Tampa's O line a bit more.

Gotcha, I didn't realize they were rated so highly at run blocking, I knew the pass blocking was rated highly but I chalked it up to the Brady effect.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Gotcha, I didn't realize they were rated so highly at run blocking, I knew the pass blocking was rated highly but I chalked it up to the Brady effect.

I didn't pay that much attention until recently but watching some of the previews this week and reading twitter, I've seen some of the hype about their O line.

If I had to pick the good news here is Tampa seems to feast on bad teams and bad defenses.  So this might be different for them.  And this....

Bucs 31, WFT 13

Unfortunately, the football team is out of bullets and virtually out of gas. With Terry Mac and Gibson both hobbled we can only rely so much on Logan Thomas and McKissic. Tampa is clicking right now and will score points....Unless Heinicke can put a jolt into the offense I see no way, short of two defensive TD's that the football team can win. Lets hope RR has more trickery in his game plan and the defense has their best game of the season.