Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs: Wild Card Round: TampaTom @ Team: Predict the Winner

88Comrade2000

T bay has a very good run defense.  They will be down devin white, which will help, but to score on tampa, we need to throw it. I don't see that happening.  Our defense will pressure brady, but they won't shut him down.  Once they get a lead, they will milk the clock and methodically move the ball, and there won't be much we can do.

TB. 31

Wash. 17

I predict smith starts (health permitting), and stays in as long as we are either winning or it's a one possession game.  Once it becomes a two possession game, rivera opts for TH to try to provide a spark.  Against this defense, he may have some success.

Our team has been extremely consistent in the way our games have played out all year and I expect more of the same.

We'll start out poorly and spot them at least 17 points, if at that point we can do what we've done all year and stop the bleeding and make some big defensive plays we could make a game of it but fall short in the end due to such a pedestrian offense. 

If we don't stop the bleeding fairly early it'll turn into a laugher.

My guess is 31-13 Tampa.

16 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I was in the stands for this one.  

Life is a wheel...

Lol.  Start watching at 5:10 for the fourth down stop.  “What a courageous call by Gregg Williams.”  Same call that got him fired a couple weeks ago.  Man was consistent if nothing else.  

16 hours ago, Xplosive said:

Beating Tom Brady requires an offense which we don't have...

The thought of even coming close hurts my head.

Not true. We all saw how Tom terrific folds like a cheap suit against the Giant pass rush in the two SB he lost to them and I think our front 4 is just as good if not better than the Giant front that beat Brady in both those SBs. Key is getting home fast. Tom needs to step up to throw so pressure in his face is a priority. If you let him just stand there and lob up those ducks then he will cut you up but pressure him and he looks average at best. He is not mobile but he has good pocket movement. I am not sure how good his O line is but if our guys are on their game I think we can hold them down. Not saying we can win, we will need some turnovers and we will have to play era free football for that. I think they will pressure our QB so good protection and quick passes are a must. We have to run the ball period, keep them their O off the field. Gonna be tuff but if we play smart and we get some breaks we can pull it off. Eli did it.

To Start TampaTom is too long ,I shall refer to him as Tampon for efficiencies sake.

If we can get to him and dirty him up a bit we have a chance, of course he’ll be quick passing the hell out of us to avoid that. To our credit we are exactly the kind of pass rush he’s had problems with in the past ala NYG. The key is our secondary and backers and I’m not exactly thrilled about those, Then there’s the whole offense thing  lol

closer than expected IMO. 
Homer pick,

WFT -23

Tampon- 17

If the offense that played last night shows up on Saturday Night, it's going to be ugly real quick:  28-10 Tampa.  If the offense can sustain drives, throw medium-range and downfield passes, and if the defense can get Brady like the Vagiants did in the past, they can win 24-17.

19 hours ago, seantaylor=god said:

It depends on Alex’s calf. He looked bad today. If he isn’t a lot healthier I’d start Heineke. Playing with house money anyway. Kid is a gamer.

We can't beat them with Smith. He's on 1 wheel and they are #5 in sacks, they are coming after him, bet on that. They are going to jump our short routs and this could get out of hand fast. I'm thinking we better prepare Heinicke for real, we will have a better advantage with a mobile QB. 

2 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

I think our team name is going to be "Birthday Candles"

Because we're gonna get blown the eff out. :(

Lmao, I hate to say it but it can happen :(      If our boys happen to knock them out, I will not doubt them the rest of the way. But I think Smith is too beat up to beat them. 

17 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I .....uh......yeah I’m stumped. I dont see how we win this. It’ll be a short playoff appearance. 

bucs: 47

WFT: 17

I don't think we can roll with them, but bet your ass they won't punk our Defense. They are the only reason we are here and have a small, any given Sunday chance.

If Washington wins the turnover battle, then they definitely have a shot.  We don't have a good enough offense to win unless we play mistake-free football.  

Tom Brady will make mistakes if he faces pressure.  That has been the case all season.  

1 hour ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

We can't beat them with Smith. He's on 1 wheel and they are #5 in sacks, they are coming after him, bet on that. They are going to jump our short routs and this could get out of hand fast. I'm thinking we better prepare Heinicke for real, we will have a better advantage with a mobile QB. 

Maybe.  If Tampa Bay becomes too aggressive on defense I think Smith is savvy enough to make them pay for it with a couple of deep throws.  

2 hours ago, 50yrSKINSfan said:

Not true. We all saw how Tom terrific folds like a cheap suit against the Giant pass rush in the two SB he lost to them and I think our front 4 is just as good if not better than the Giant front that beat Brady in both those SBs. Key is getting home fast. Tom needs to step up to throw so pressure in his face is a priority. If you let him just stand there and lob up those ducks then he will cut you up but pressure him and he looks average at best. He is not mobile but he has good pocket movement. I am not sure how good his O line is but if our guys are on their game I think we can hold them down. Not saying we can win, we will need some turnovers and we will have to play era free football for that. I think they will pressure our QB so good protection and quick passes are a must. We have to run the ball period, keep them their O off the field. Gonna be tuff but if we play smart and we get some breaks we can pull it off. Eli did it.

I was thinking the same thing.  Brady is not mobile enough to avoid a good pass rush.  That's been his most significant weakness his entire career.  Brady definitely hasn't played well this season when facing heavy pressure.

Archived