Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs: Wild Card Round: TampaTom @ Team: Predict the Winner

88Comrade2000

2 hours ago, Reaper Skins said:

Almost every week, at some point in the 3rd quarter, our offense has a chance to pull ahead and instead falls asleep.

The defense, which has looked good up until then, picks this point to let a no-name role player make a huge downfield completion and give all the momentum to the other team.

This week, that player's name will be Scotty Miller.  For the love of God, don't let Scotty Miller beat you deep late in the game.

That is pretty much the opposite of how it has gone since the Rams game. If our first half was as good as our second half, we'd be at least 11-5, maybe 14-2.

1 hour ago, Xplosive said:

Beating Tom Brady requires an offense which we don't have...

The thought of even coming close hurts my head.

No, beating Brady means you have to have a defense capable of getting to him with only 4, maybe 5 guys.  Tom has rarely lost offensive duels.

I also think Brady should be scared of this defense.

His mobility will be stressed to the max with our guys.

Our offense needs a shot of adrenaline. Alex is even less mobile than Brady!

Can't rely on the running game, as we saw today in Philly. Our QB needs to have a good to great evening to beat Tampa.

This one will be closer than people think, but it's clear this Redskins team is the most mediocre to ever reach ths postseason.

In OT:

Skeletons: 20

Team that limped into the Playoffs: 17

The fact we don't have to worry about Tom scrambling makes this a bit easier since we can get to the QB rushing only 4 or 5 guys....and their OL isn't very good. I can easily see Tom folding like a lawn chair with some pressure since he avoids the big hits. I think we'll see a repeat of the Steelers game where Big Ben was running for his life most of the game, but was strong enough to deflect tacklers to avoid sacks.

My guess:

WFT: 23

Tampa: 17

Terry catches a deep pass from Logan Thomas for a score and the defense gets 3 turnovers

Tom has become soft after spending the year in sunny/warm Tampa....he won't be able to adjust to the projected real feel temperature of 25 degrees on Saturday :ols: 

One big question for this game: Will Tampa's WR1 play or is he out?  If he is out, we have a much better chance of keeping this game close.

From ESPN: Evans' MRI revealed no structural damage to his knee, a source confirmed to ESPN, as first reported by Fox Sports' Jay Glazer. The source said it's too soon to tell whether Evans will play next week in the playoffs, but the team is hopeful.

Actually, the "Team" is hopeful he misses the game.

7 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, we won the NFC East and have another primetime game on Saturday night; against Tompa Bay.   Do we beat Tom Brady or lose miserablely?

You still my job and this is all you got?

6 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yep he stole your job.

I guess noone wins 10 bucks this week

It was going to be 30 for the winner

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Just want to point this out...

For all the "NFC Least shouldn't have a team in the playoffs, they are keeping a more worthy team from the postseason" talk people had been saying, the team we kept out of the playoffs with our crappy 7-9 record was the 8-8 Cardinals.

Who beat us handily lol

DelRio needs to dial it up right from the git go, let Brady know it's not going to be easy. The best shot we have is our D front, turn them dogs loose. 

As far as I'm concerned this is it, the chance to send Brady home is our SB this year. 

6 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I am not scared of old Tom Brady.  

Not scared at all.

In fact, old Tom Brady should be scared of the WFT.  He’s probably thinking about Chase Young right at this moment.

I keep thinking about the scene in Mad Men when the little guy goes in on Draper telling him exactly what his thinks about him and Don just replies, "I don't think about you at all." Brady is the GOAT, I'm sure he knows who Chase Young is but come on.

I see this going one of two ways:

Absolute domination by Tampa through the air, where we have no shot whatsoever to even compete.  This isn't a disrespect to our front 4, but more respect to the goat and the fact that they have Antonio Brown as merely an afterthought.  

A close, ugly game where our defense makes Tom and the gang play down to our level.  Our defense scores points and flips field position.  But Tampa Tommy gets the ball with a minute and change left and leads the drive for the win.

Archived