Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Playoffs: Wild Card Round: TampaTom @ Team: Predict the Winner

Rdskns2000

I think if TH comes out like he did against Carolina but without turnovers we win this. Our D matches up well with everyone, and their D is very good busy struggles with our bread and butter, the short passing game.

TB is very good on both sides, so the only way you win is by matching up well.

Tampa Bays secondary isn’t all that great and while their run defense is ranked 1st overall it’s not as fierce as it was when Vita Vea was playing. Plus, I think their top corner is out for this game. So if Heineken can get the ball out quick and avoid the blitz we might have a slim chance. 

Alex starts and limps us to a field goal on the first drive. After that TH comes in for the remainder of the game.

A poised Heinecke and interior defensive pressure from Allen, Payne and Settle will ultimately be the difference.

Heinecke will throw for 2 tds and run for a third to win it as time expires. 

WFT 24, Tampa Bay 23.

Alex Smith's record as a starter improves to 6-1.

Next up the frozen tundra of Wisconsin in a classic old school snow game with windchills to -15 degrees below zero.

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ClaytoAli said:

Tampa will struggle to get more than 24 points against the WFT front four. 

it will take penalties and breaking one or two runs to score like they did against the Rams.

The last three games that the so called Brady Bucks scored a bunch of points Mr. Max Kellyisaman? was against bad defenses Falcons 2 times/Lions.

Against good defense no more 3 point difference in score. Giants would have beat them barring DJones INTs.

I'm kind of pessimistic but I like what you said and hope you're right :815:

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We don’t have the wildcard spot. Just the wildcard ROUND. Don’t be like the people on twitter yesterday that couldn’t comprehend what Adam Schefter meant when he said this is tom Brady’s first year in the playoffs as a wildcard 😂   

Thanks literal guy

• Haha 3

On 1/7/2021 at 4:07 PM, MisterPinstripe said:

THATS lightened up? Yeah, I completely believe you have been called negative.

Well I did say try and I suppose....so 🤷‍♂️ If this team had done anything in the last 20 years to prove me wrong then I would have a little optimism but they haven’t, from horrible front office, to horrible draft picks, to the name change since the 91 season this team has been an utter disappointment even Gibbs couldn’t save it. 

Start consistently winning and I might have more optimism until then, it is what it is, sorry I’m not cheerful enough ☹️

12 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

We don’t have the wildcard spot. Just the wildcard ROUND. Don’t be like the people on twitter yesterday that couldn’t comprehend what Adam Schefter meant when he said this is tom Brady’s first year in the playoffs as a wildcard 😂   

Almost every comment was “he played in the wildcard last year!!” Yeah, but as a division champ. 

Wrong.jpg.194e1fd72d47fc149cb7293788d0b78a.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I sure hope I am wrong but I don't see this as a close game. Tom Brady will put up points, it's the playoffs and that's what he does. 

I can't remember the details, but I remember a recent graphic showing that he's really declined in playoff game performance, over the last 3 or 4 playoff games. FWIW

If Tom Brady isn’t walking like Alex Smith by the end of the game we don’t win.  I think our D and our dink and dunk offense keep us in the game.  Rough up TB 12 up a bit, don’t let him step up in the pocket and we got a chance.

36 minutes ago, Guard Bum said:

If Tom Brady isn’t walking like Alex Smith by the end of the game we don’t win.  I think our D and our dink and dunk offense keep us in the game.  Rough up TB 12 up a bit, don’t let him step up in the pocket and we got a chance.

I keep thinking about how that Giants DLine won a Super Bowl. That's obviously our best chance.  

As @Malapropismic Depositorycorrectly points out TB is in decline, that's gonna happen with age. But he's still Tom Brady, he has better receivers than he ever had in NE, and that's going to be a problem. 

1 hour ago, ddub52 said:

Someone on the internet is wrong* 

24 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Some stick figure in a cartoon is wrong*

😀

You're both being unnecessarily pedantic. I like that.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Watching Riggins show, and Dexter Manley said that the key to the game, most importantly is to get to Tom Brady and I quote Dex : "Punch him in the balls"

Someone was smart enough and kind enough to edit that hour-long video, to just condense to 2 minutes to show Manley's "balls" comment.

Watch Riggins reaction. He just solemnly nods, like it's actually a good idea. Then offers an even better solution, since "You can recover from a ball shot".  😆😆😆😆😆😆

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Uh-oh.

It's gonna be "tough" for Alex Smith.

I mean, he's never faced tough circumstances before.

How will Alex finally face his first tough test ?

This is all a CON-spiracy.  Alex rolls out to start the first series and Logan takes a direct snap.  Alex is wide open on his wheel route....Literally, in a wheelchair. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

This is all a CON-spiracy.  Alex rolls out to start the first series and Logan takes a direct snap.  Alex is wide open on his wheel route....Literally, in a wheelchair. 

giphy.gif

Why not ?

If the NFL has a problem with Alex using a wheelchair on the field, he can threaten to sue them for violating the ADA (American Disabilities Act)

And also, fans will just have to get used to the announcer saying, "And Alex Smith rolls out..." and actually mean that he literally "rolls out"

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1