Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Philadelphia Football Team : WIN & IN EDITION

TK

Message added by TK,

135559001_10159672646634237_291874112902

Defense with the big stop, combined with the good return by Sims.   Alex Smith has to do enough to get the team in FG range.  Mid-field all 3 timeouts.  There is time to run the ball still.  Focus on smart football to get the 3, but look for 7 if situation presents itself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Rivera will watch this season slip away before he benches Smith without further injury to force his hand. For better or worse (worse right now) that’s who he is. 

And that’s probably the right move in the long run.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Rivera will watch this season slip away before he benches Smith without further injury to force his hand. For better or worse (worse right now) that’s who he is. 

If I owned a team, this is the first question I would ask.  If your QB needs to be pulled, do you do the whole superstitious BS, or do you pull your QB?  You pull the QB.

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Taylor needs to start second half. Alex clearly in major pain and you can tell. 

I could tell in the first drive when his dump off passes looked like they were all arm.  He wasn't driving the ball at all nor did he have any touch on the ball.

Smith playing gives the offense a chance they didn't have with Haskins last week. That is 100% true. The offensive routes and timing is in sync with him.

Here's the problem: When the play breaks down he isn't moving well enough to move the pocket and create. 

That calf isn't right and I think this is the end for Smith when the WFT 2020 football season ends. But I won't count him out. I never could after what he's done for the franchise and his record as a starter here.

• Like 2

Just now, heyholetsgogrant said:

If I owned a team, this is the first question I would ask.  If your QB needs to be pulled do you do the whole superstitious BS, or do you pull your QB?  You pull the QB.

Can't evade a hint of a rush. Can't complete a pass more than a few yards

• Like 1