Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Philadelphia Football Team : WIN & IN EDITION

TK
Message added by TK,

135559001_10159672646634237_291874112902

3 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Probably not the best idea for chase to yell I want Tom in front of the camera, but whatever.  

I like it. If we lose it’s not like he’s going to make it worse... but if he can plant a small little kernel of fear in Goatman’s noggin’...

The Alex Smith that we saw during the middle of the season might've been viable in the playoffs. But NOT the Smith we saw tonight. He is clearly still too hobbled to be competent. There were guys open and he couldn't get the ball to them. Do NOT repeat the mistakes of 2005 and 2012.

Furthermore, despite his reputation as a safe QB who takes care of the ball, Smith has actually been pretty INT-prone this year.

Start Heinicke next week.

1 minute ago, UKskins said:

I know Brady is the Goat and all, but I'm not scared of playing him next week. The only QBs who have really caused the Defense major issues have been the mobile ones. Kyler killed us. Hurts scored 2 TDs on us. Brady can throw a ball, but he can't run. He's going to be throwing the ball with Chase Young in his face all game long and that's not something to take lightly. Our secondary have been cashing in INTs for fun recently. In terms of matchups, this is one of the more favourable playoff draws imo.

I'm not drinking the kool aid on this one, but I do think we have a shot at the Bucs.

We have no shot if they play like they did tonight.

But Alex, Antonio, and Terry have another week to get healthy.

—-

Coach just said he thought about pulling Alex. If his calf isn’t better, they may need Heinicke in the on-deck circle.

Just now, Llevron said:

Tom Brady is bringing it regardless of what a rookie says

True, I'm not worried about it.  This is a great experience for our young team, give them some playoff experience against one of the greats.   Brady struggles vs teams that can bring pressure with just 4, I'd love for these guys to get to him.  Especially living in new england while the pats are at home and the bandwagon pats fans jump ship to their second favorite team.

2 minutes ago, UKskins said:

Alex had 3(??) turnovers tonight.

Healthy Alex is not a turnover machine. One leg Alex from today is a turnover machine and a sack magnet. If he is not significantly more healed next week, then none of us can say we KNOW anything.

Naw we know this isn’t a normal game from the guy. I’m telling you rolling the dice with someone you have never seen get extended playing time is not smart.

And if he was going to have a chance next week we would have atleast seen him today. It ain’t happening 

10 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Come on, man. Can you not recognize the difference between playing the Eagles/Bucs front versus that cheddar cheese soft pretzel defense in garbage time against a trash Panthers squad?

Bro the Eagles literally tried to lose and still almost won lmao. Alex cannot play anymore, his leg is cooked.

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Naw we know this isn’t a normal game from the guy. I’m telling you rolling the dice with someone you have never seen get extended playing time is not smart.

And if he was going to have a chance next week we would have atleast seen him today. It ain’t happening 

Honestly he looked like a mess in the Seattle game too before he went out. I don't think he's been right since whatever happened early in that game.

In 2012, we stuck with Robert in the playoff game after he got us up 14-0.  If we switch to Kirk we probably win that game (and Robert doesn't worsen his knee late in that game.) If Alex is gimpy, we will need to play the young guy.  Also, our team has had some good fortune switching qbs at playoff time, just ask Doug Williams.

Just now, Llevron said:

I agree with you it's not smart to start Heinicke after barely seeing him. Fortunately the coaches have seen a lot more of him in practice and felt he had enough to justify cutting a pain in the ass Round 1 pick with 2 years of rookie deal left.  Still not smart after seeing limited amounts of him in game time situations.

I just happen to think it's slightly more smart to do that than starting a QB that you and the opposition coaches know only has one leg, can't throw more than 10 yards because he's crocked, can't escape pressure but will 100% get blitzed almost every down because everyone knows he is crocked, and is having accuracy issues because he can't step into his throws properly.

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

What if this dude is a turnover machine? He was in Carolina when he got extended playing time. You KNOW Alex isn’t 

He threw two picks tonight and almost fumbled away the victory. I'm sorry. I appreciate everything Alex has done but if he can't move up in the pocket, push the ball down the field, and keep the defense honest he shouldn't be out there. 

9 minutes ago, redskinss said:

A horrible team missing half its starters had to pull their quarterback and carry us like an over the hill prize fighter and we bumbled and fumbled and tripped over our dicks for four quarters.
Felt like being mocked for 60 minutes straight.

My only hope before this game was to win and shed the "laughingstock label" despite what happens in the playoffs. 

We did absolutely nothing to suggest we don't still deserve that title.

I guess you were expecting a blowout embarrassing win.  Very few teams in history could have pulled that off in week 17 against a division rival.  

We won the way we always do with Alex. Same way we won before his leg got smashed.  His toss to Logan for the TD was all we needed.  How many times does this guy have to win for us before we believe he can win a superbowl.  He's the smartest guy on the field and he has a great defense.  Its as good a formula you can ask for in the playoffs.   

Forget flahsy offense this year, it ain't happening.  Let's win boring just like before Alex went down 2 years ago.   Something to be said about the way Alex plays.  We win when he plays, period.  Im stoked to see how he does in the playoffs and you should be too.

It's hilarious.

Every year, all year we hear fans claim a team is tanking like it's no big deal, and a fact of life that we all accept

In fact some literally BEG their team to tank.

But when a team tanks that they don't "approve of" to tank, crowds come out and say "The NFL should investigate this and penalize them a draft pick !!!"

Archived