Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Heinicke Hive Thread


Recommended Posts

This is from 2014, when scouts were assessing his pro potential.

There was a lot to love. And still is.

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/old-dominion-s-taylor-heinicke-hot-name-with-nfl-scouts-0ap3000000415769

 

"He's a hot name," said ODU quarterbacks coach Ron Whitcomb "They see his mechanics; they see how well he moves in the pocket."

Whitcomb told the Virginian-Pilot he has heard from 14 NFL scouts and officials of two postseason all-star games in the past two weeks.

"Some guys are worried about his size and his arm strength," offensive coordinator Brian Scott told the newspaper. "But the guys who like him, they really like him. You watch guys who struggle in the NFL and they're the guys who can't process information quickly.

"Unless you can go through your receivers -- one, two, three, four at a time, very quickly -- you're not going to make it. And that's something Taylor does so well."

 

"You can talk about other intangibles, whether it's character or leadership, and Taylor has those intangibles," head coach Bobby Wilder told the Virginian-Pilot. "But what the scouts are looking for is decision making, the ability of a quarterback to process information quickly. And I've never seen anyone better at that than Taylor Heinicke."

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 7:10 PM, skinny21 said:

Speaking of which, I found it interesting that in the presser Fitzpatrick said he was going to meet with Turner after to (I’m paraphrasing here, so I might have the sentiment wrong) tailor the playbook to him.  Thinking back, it might have been just an innocuous thing that Turner would do for all his qbs, but at the time I was like, “oh... he’s definitely the (projected) starter then”

..."Tailor" the playbook to him...hmmm.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is from 2014, when scouts were assessing his pro potential.

There was a lot to love. And still is.

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/old-dominion-s-taylor-heinicke-hot-name-with-nfl-scouts-0ap3000000415769

 

"He's a hot name," said ODU quarterbacks coach Ron Whitcomb "They see his mechanics; they see how well he moves in the pocket."

Whitcomb told the Virginian-Pilot he has heard from 14 NFL scouts and officials of two postseason all-star games in the past two weeks.

"Some guys are worried about his size and his arm strength," offensive coordinator Brian Scott told the newspaper. "But the guys who like him, they really like him. You watch guys who struggle in the NFL and they're the guys who can't process information quickly.

"Unless you can go through your receivers -- one, two, three, four at a time, very quickly -- you're not going to make it. And that's something Taylor does so well."

 

"You can talk about other intangibles, whether it's character or leadership, and Taylor has those intangibles," head coach Bobby Wilder told the Virginian-Pilot. "But what the scouts are looking for is decision making, the ability of a quarterback to process information quickly. And I've never seen anyone better at that than Taylor Heinicke."

 

I agree Heinicke seems to have some very good attributes and intangibles. But IMO a guy's coaches aren't generally the most unbiased place to get info about whether a prospect is going to be a hot commodity in an upcoming draft. He still went undrafted and bounced around 5 different NFL teams before ending up with WFT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is from 2014, when scouts were assessing his pro potential.

There was a lot to love. And still is.

 

https://www.nfl.com/news/old-dominion-s-taylor-heinicke-hot-name-with-nfl-scouts-0ap3000000415769

 

"He's a hot name," said ODU quarterbacks coach Ron Whitcomb "They see his mechanics; they see how well he moves in the pocket."

Whitcomb told the Virginian-Pilot he has heard from 14 NFL scouts and officials of two postseason all-star games in the past two weeks.

"Some guys are worried about his size and his arm strength," offensive coordinator Brian Scott told the newspaper. "But the guys who like him, they really like him. You watch guys who struggle in the NFL and they're the guys who can't process information quickly.

"Unless you can go through your receivers -- one, two, three, four at a time, very quickly -- you're not going to make it. And that's something Taylor does so well."

 

"You can talk about other intangibles, whether it's character or leadership, and Taylor has those intangibles," head coach Bobby Wilder told the Virginian-Pilot. "But what the scouts are looking for is decision making, the ability of a quarterback to process information quickly. And I've never seen anyone better at that than Taylor Heinicke."

I've got to imagine that the reason he went undrafted, and bounced around as a free agent, is entirely based on the same reasons many of us here are skeptical of him:  his physical traits in a brutal sport.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, petey hodge said:

OK, there are hashmarks.  Taylor is clearly 2 yards tall... or 6 foot!

https://odusports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_id=12&image_path=/images/2021/1/10/taylortd.jpg

 

 

Putting the question of height to the back burner for now...

 

What disgusts me is the poor technique that Heinicke is displaying in this image.

 

He is flying flat footed! Everyone knows that you must point your toes when flying to achieve maximum escape velocity and distance. Even the invulnerable Superman adheres to this inviolable rule of physics.

 

I’m very disappointed with Taylor.

 

Zampese needs to work on the fundamentals of flight with him during mini-camp.

 

 

image.png.a99e38690d256a9fb34eb538f697c8f7.png

 

Now this is a perfect example of proper toe positioning whilst defying gravity.

 

 

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

 

 

Putting the question of height to the back burner for now...

 

What disgusts me is the poor technique that Heinicke is displaying in this image.

 

He is flying flat footed! Everyone knows that you must point your toes when flying to achieve maximum escape velocity and distance. Even the invulnerable Superman adheres to this inviolable rule of physics.

 

I’m very disappointed with Taylor.

 

Zampese needs to work on the fundamentals of flight with him during mini-camp.

 

 

image.png.a99e38690d256a9fb34eb538f697c8f7.png

 

Now this is a perfect example of proper toe positioning whilst defying gravity.

 

 

He is facing down so he can't see the pylon.  That's more important than escape velocity.  Form follows function and if Superman blows right by the pylon, it's a good thing no one recognizes Clark Kent.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, petey hodge said:

OK, there are hashmarks.  Taylor is clearly 2 yards tall... or 6 foot!

https://odusports.com/common/controls/image_handler.aspx?thumb_id=12&image_path=/images/2021/1/10/taylortd.jpg

 

 

Now I understand why so many people accuse Heinicke of exaggerating his height, when he says he's way over 6 feet tall.

He was measuring himself from the very tips of his outstretched arms above him.

That's the most relevant way to measure TH. For all intents and purposes, his true height is when his arms are stretched above him. Because that's how he rolls...er, flies.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mistertim said:

It really was horrible form by Heinicke on that dive. You'd never know he was a pureblood wizard.

 

 

image.jpeg.06a9fcd93af95b68ab8b35ca7b27f573.jpeg

 

 

Egad!

 

It’s all perfectly clear now. Only one super hero flies, by necessity, flat footed—  and it’s most certainly NOT the man of steel!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

 

image.gif.abe6cfb1da11c5b000dab48818106618.gif

 

 

 

Tis the man of iron says I!!

 

Egad again!

 

Tony Stark is a mathematical genius and Taylor Heinicke aced his engineering math courses without even going to class!??!

 

Can this possibly be a mere coincidence? Of course not.

 

Could Taylor Heinicke, football player for the WFT, be the secret identity in the infinite multi-verse that we know as our earth for this world’s Iron Man? 

 

An earth where super heroes seem to exist only in comic books but in actuality they live in the shadows doing glorious deeds among the unsuspecting?

 

My mind spins deliriously as if it has been hit by a repulsor blast.

 

Egad!

 

 

 

 

Final thought: Are rocket shoes legal in the NFL?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by TrancesWithWolves
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

When you have a young star QB like Heinicke on your team, does it seem quite greedy to be talking about drafting another great, young QB with a high pick ?

It's like an unfair advantage to the rest of the league, and showing them no mercy.

It's like "running up the score" on the other 31 teams, to redundantly stack your team with such talent, just at the QB position alone.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Ron did not draft a single QB.

What does that tell you about Ron's confidence of Heinicke being the Franchise QB of the future ?

Hope we start clearing cap space for him, before he holds out.

 

I'd say it means the same thing as the contract they gave Heinicke: that they're fairly comfortable with him being the backup for a couple of years. I'm sure the WFT FO knows that the likelihood of finding a top franchise QB outside of the first round is very low. Usually mid to late round guys become backups at best and since they already have a backup they're comfortable with in Heinicke, they decided not to go that route.

 

They probably figure they can get a couple of years out of Fitz and within that time figure out their plan for the QB of the future.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...