Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Heinicke Hive Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TheShredder said:

If Smith and Heinicke, then Allen end up 123 at Week 1 next year...Alex better not get a paper-cut or he's going to lose his slot.  I think you can cut Smith if he's not far better than the other two, but it won't cost too much to keep all 3.

 

Smith, Heinicke, and Allen won't be all on this team next year.

We are going to add at least one more QB, and I could see it being either extreme - an established vet, or a developmental young player.

And that would make 4 QB's, which we won't keep on an active roster.

If Alex makes it through the offseason with no major hitches, and he's 100% ready for camp, then someone has to be the odd man out - and my guess is it will be Kyle Allen.

There's the slight possibility we don't add another QB, and don't subtract any of those, but it's probably very unlikely

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

After watching that video, I would like to formally apologize to Alex Smith on behalf of the WFT for having to be in the same QB room as Dwayne Haskins.

 

 

You're very fortunate you got to see that, because youtube just blocked the video for copyright reasons, just minutes ago

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Alex with a broken wheel, actually seems more durable than Heinicke.

Heinicke has been injured like 5 times, in the very limited action he's seen in the NFL

This is a touch disingenuous.

 

Healthy through his entire collegiate career.

 

Lacerated Leg in Minnesota from breaking into his apartment because he forgot his key...

 

Concussion

 

Very significant elbow injury

 

AC sprain

 

Sample size says durability is probably a concern, but 2 of the 4 are things that can happen to anyone. The AC sprain is most concerning but a good training regimen can help fix that. 
 

 

14 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

 

Jesus Christ. After watching that video, I would like to formally apologize to Alex Smith on behalf of the WFT for having to be in the same QB room as Dwayne Haskins.

Summary?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

 

Summary?

 

~10 minute video recap of his recovery journey, talking to him, his doctors and his wife. I haven't seen Project 11 so it was all new to me. But just incredible what he went through to get back to playing the game he loves. The contrast with Dwayne could not be more stark. The two guys might as well be the poster children for Ron's saying of distinguishing love of playing professional football from love of being a professional football player.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This is a touch disingenuous.

 

Healthy through his entire collegiate career.

 

Lacerated Leg in Minnesota from breaking into his apartment because he forgot his key...

 

Concussion

 

Very significant elbow injury

 

AC sprain

 

Sample size says durability is probably a concern, but 2 of the 4 are things that can happen to anyone. The AC sprain is most concerning but a good training regimen can help fix that. 
 

 

Summary?

 

I wouldn't categorize "kicking down your own door" as something that can "happen to anyone".

He made the choice, and it could be considered somewhat reckless. And that's why I feel that injuries can be a concern in the future, because he lives and plays quite reckless.

Maybe reckless isn't the best word, because it's not meant to be a negative criticism.

So don't get me wrong - I have a ton of respect for him, and he may be a good QB and a healthy one - but the risks seem higher for him, because of the style that he plays and lives.

 

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I wouldn't categorize "kicking down your own door" as something that can "happen to anyone".

He made the choice, and it could be considered somewhat reckless. And that's why I feel that injuries can be a concern in the future, because he lives and plays quite reckless.

Don't get me wrong - I have a ton of respect for him, and he may be a good QB and a healthy one - but the risks seem higher for him, because of the style that he plays and lives.

 

He was literally fresh out of college. And he wasn’t getting paid tons of money. I don’t know, I don’t think that’s reckless. I think it’s something anyone could do if they were locked out with no way into their homes.

 

I agree with the last sentence... the risk *seems* higher for him. But we don’t really know yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KDawg said:

He was literally fresh out of college. And he wasn’t getting paid tons of money. I don’t know, I don’t think that’s reckless. I think it’s something anyone could do if they were locked out with no way into their homes.

 

I agree with the last sentence... the risk *seems* higher for him. But we don’t really know yet.

 

I think, given his engineering major, he ought to be smart enough to where you can sit him down and say "hey Taylor, no more diving for pylons and no more kicking through glass windows" and trust he'll get the message. ;) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

 

I think, given his engineering major, he ought to be smart enough to where you can sit him down and say "hey Taylor, no more diving for pylons and no more kicking through glass windows" and trust he'll get the message. ;) 

I wonder if he does that dive if it’s not a playoff game, or if we’re ahead in that scenario. 
 

He might. Just genuinely curious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I wonder if he does that dive if it’s not a playoff game, or if we’re ahead in that scenario. 
 

He might. Just genuinely curious.

 

Yeah he might, but we see starting QBs get coached to be more conservative with their bodies all over the league. Whether it's bigger guys like Andrew Luck or smaller guys like Kyler. It's different when it's the playoffs of course. But it's also different when you know one game could determine your entire NFL future. And when you're in the position he's been in his whole career, basically every opportunity has been in that "This could determine your entire NFL future" category.

 

I think you and I see similarly here, which is that sure his reckless style could be a concern, but without giving him a chance to clean up that part of his game given the proper conditions like a true shot at the starting job, it's premature to write him off as being irredeemably that way. 

 

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Summary?

 

What stood out the most, that hasn't already been posted or quoted in this thread or the AS thread was this :

In the interview with the military rehab doctor, who perhaps treated thousands of servicemen/women with similar injuries from combat - he said only about a dozen of them reached the level of recovery that Alex did.

Let's not lose grasp of how much it means to do as well as he did - just the exercising he was able to do, was amazing by itself ; or even to go out and play Flag Football in a league for 40 year olds would be astounding by itself ; but to compete at the highest level of football in the world, and be a starter on one of those Top 32 teams, and compile a 5-1 record with such a makeshift offense, with his past and present condition, is beyond amazing. (While on that same team, all the other combined QB's during the last 2 years, added up to a 6-26 record)

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bacon said:

Heinecke slapped around this Bucs secondary with a garbage WR corps. Brees is getting smothered. 

 

Obviously that means Heinecke is better than Brees 🤷‍♂️I don't make the rules. 

makes sense to me!

8 hours ago, TheShredder said:

  Likely incentives for being the starter. 

should be...and he should be willing...

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KDawg said:

I wonder if he does that dive if it’s not a playoff game, or if we’re ahead in that scenario. 
 

He might. Just genuinely curious.

I think he does...I don't think he goes 1/2 speed...plays too instinctually...but Ive only seen him through 5 qtrs

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stefanskins said:

I think he does...I don't think he goes 1/2 speed...plays too instinctually...but Ive only seen him through 5 qtrs

Well i think we need to understand that Heinecke is probably thinking “I NEED to show something!” During the entire game which probably resulted him taking more risks than necessary.

 

I am concerned with him getting hurt in both of his NFL starts but I also think if he wins the starter job in training camp then I think he will protect himself better than when he is playing every game like it could be potentially his last game in the league.

1 minute ago, sjinhan said:
Edited by sjinhan
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

Well i think we need to understand that Heinecke is probably thinking “I NEED to show something!” During the entire game which probably resulted him taking more risks than necessary.

 

I am concerned with him getting hurt in both of his NFL starts but I also think if he wins the starter job in training camp then I think he will protect himself better than when he is playing every game like it could be potentially his last game in the league.

right. I recall seeing the exact dive to the pylon when he was ODU...I dont know how important of a game it was but its literally a carbon copy of the Bucs game...which makes me think thats just what he does...you can tell he knows when to slide and when to dive...*looking at you RG3*

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he doesn't get a shot here I guarantee he'll get one somewhere else.

If we give him the initial round tender I think we'll have some competition for his services, I don't care how small the sample size, there are not that many available quarterbacks out there that can do what heinicke did even if it was only 4 quarters.

I have a feeling that if we bring in a guy who's already considered the starter we're gonna lose him to a team that'll give him a chance to compete for first string.

If that happens I hope it's Watson or stafford so we don't have to worry about watching another captain checkdown for 16 games and potentially watching heinicke do what he did against the bucs but somewhere else.

That would be frustrating beyond belief. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

side note Heinicke Hive sounds like a weird orgy at a after hours night club that no one acknowledges the exists kind of like fight club.  

First rule of Heinicke Hive is YOU DON'T TALK ABOUT HEINICKE HIVE!

giphy.gif

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2020 at 11:15 AM, petey hodge said:

ODU fans that watched TH last night weren't surprised by his offensive spark and efficiency to move the chains... he's been doing that at Old Dominion for years.... 15,000 passing yards.

 

It's been my christmas wish to watch Taylor lead the Redskins to the playoffs.... and now he'll be given the chance.  Thanks Ron!

 

grant_g_taylor_cr_64011.jpg?w=694

 

Dont know how I missed this one... the TH signature move!

 

Minnesota%20Vikings%20quarterback%20Tayl

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s crazy to me all of this doubt in TH.  I watched a QB in a burgundy and gold uniform actually perform for 4 quarters!  (In a playoff game!!) Without the drops in this game, I wonder if we are still playing??  
 

I would love to see TH start next year and get a legit shot.  Draft someone young like you should, let Alex decide to walk alway. 
 

I’m drinking the TH Kool Aid!  

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Over 2 weeks and still counting, since the last Heinicke Hive post ?

What's wrong with you guys ?

Did I miss something, or some news that caused everyone to sour on him ? Like does he spank pet turtles with a rubber spatula or something ?

Any talk of heinicke has kind of been moved to the quarterback thread, which has pretty much become the thread to discuss all things off season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Over 2 weeks and still counting, since the last Heinicke Hive post ?

What's wrong with you guys ?

Did I miss something, or some news that caused everyone to sour on him ? Like does he spank pet turtles with a rubber spatula or something ?

Likely revives when the off-season moves are finished. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, redskinss said:

Any talk of heinicke has kind of been moved to the quarterback thread, which has pretty much become the thread to discuss all things off season.


QB is the offseason discussion this offseason. Until we get one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize they are totally different styles of QB, but the daydream is that Heinicke becomes our Kurt Warner. An undrafted QB that comes out of nowhere to become a champion. He certainly has flashed that "it" factor. All the odds are heavily stacked against this daydream being realized, but it is very nice to dream.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...