Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For all the marbles. Week 17 Washington @ Philadelphia January 3rd 2021

bakedtater1

Honestly no matter how this turns out - who could have imagined at the beginning of the season that our lowly WFT would flexed to the last game of the regular season because of the playoff implications. 

Good to hear we have some regular starters back. Good running game and careful pass game and they can win this game. I really think JDR will confuse the rookie and force him to put the ball on the ground on throw it up. We should get a few TOs today. 

I am trying to get on the optimistic frame of mind - but it's hard to shed the Charlie Brown feeling - oops there goes the football again!!  

Let's go WFT!!!  Beat those ****ing eagles!  

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I am trying to get on the optimistic frame of mind - but it's hard to shed the Charlie Brown feeling - oops there goes the football again!!  

Ditto, I hate all the love from the national sports media this morning.  Feels like a trap game and makes me think they're gonna get full of themselves and $#%@ this up but hope not.

4 hours ago, TheShredder said:

You have to learn how to win after losing habitually. 

So Chase Young, Terry McLaurin, Jon Allen, Daron Payne, who competed for National Championships don't "know how to win?"

Thats one of my least favorite sayings fans say. It makes no sense.

So, I've visited the Eagles/Giants/Dallas message boards, I have to say I've found an interesting mix of reactions. Eagles fans have basically given up, Dallas fans think they can win their game, but don't think they'll get in the playoffs (and shouldn't) and Giants fans are whining about the Eagles resting their starters. I saw some posters in a thread kicking back and forth ideas about how and why teams should HAVE to play their starters. Please don't let the Giants get in...

17 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

So, I've visited the Eagles/Giants/Dallas message boards, I have to say I've found an interesting mix of reactions. Eagles fans have basically given up, Dallas fans think they can win their game, but don't think they'll get in the playoffs (and shouldn't) and Giants fans are whining about the Eagles resting their starters. I saw some posters in a thread kicking back and forth ideas about how and why teams should HAVE to play their starters. Please don't let the Giants get in...

They can whine all they want, we are winning this division tonight no matter who Philly puts on the field.

21 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

They can whine all they want, we are winning this division tonight no matter who Philly puts on the field.

I feel confident, that worries me. I have to keep telling myself that this is a different team of year's past...and Trashkins is gone too...

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

I feel confident, that worries me. I have to keep telling myself that this is a different team of year's past...and Trashkins is gone too...

They are definitely a different team, they can get behind by 20 points and still win the game. I just don't think we will be getting behind much tonight.

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Embrace your new found confidence!  Somewhere there is a Jedi saying right the opposite of Yoda’s statement of fear leading to anger...Sorry I just finished season 2 of the Mandolrian and I have rekindled my StarWars fandom.

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

So Chase Young, Terry McLaurin, Jon Allen, Daron Payne, who competed for National Championships don't "know how to win?"

Thats one of my least favorite sayings fans say. It makes no sense.

but do they know how to win on a professional level?

Are you kidding me, or are you as high as the Dallas Cowboys!

Maurice Jones-Drew: The Philadelphia Eagles were eliminated from playoff contention last week after falling to the Cowboys, but they take advantage of the opportunity to play spoiler Sunday night against Washington. The Football Team's defense, which ranks fourth in yards allowed and fifth in points allowed, becomes a sieve against Jalen Hurts. Philly's new QB1 lights Ron Rivera's unit up for 380 yards and five total touchdowns. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-bold-predictions-week-17-eagles-jalen-hurts-shreds-washington-defense

Archived