Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac Week 16 Win and you are in the damn playoffs so Just Win edition. Also Ron’s revenge

RichmondRedskin88

5 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Please tell me Smith is in!

Nope. Haskins is starting.

Today is HUGE for Scott Turner. He doesn't have the QB he wants, or many weapons, or an OL who you can count on. He has to call plays for the talent on the field AND keep the Defense spread out before the snap.

9 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Nope. Haskins is starting.

Today is HUGE for Scott Turner. He doesn't have the QB he wants, or many weapons, or an OL who you can count on. He has to call plays for the talent on the field AND keep the Defense spread out before the snap.

Holy sh*t!!! Oh God Nooooooooooo...

So the bright side is the IF.  IF we can somehow, some-way win today, all the Injured guys (Alex, McLaurin, etc.) will have another week to rest because most likely next week is meaningless.  

And if Alex's damn calf isn't healed in a month, it's not going to be healed, so that's good to know also.

So go out and figure out how to win the damn game.  I don't care how.  

JUST WIN BABY.

YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAMES.

Let's go.

7 minutes ago, RedskinsLegacy said:

Holy sh*t!!! Oh God Nooooooooooo...

If he plays like he did in the second half last week, they'll be ok.

4 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

Wow with Terry out it is going to be tough to win this game.  Probably throw a lot to the tight end.  

If Haskins cannot score points during the first half hope Ron pulls him and puts in the next quarterback he has in the rotation.

Actually, I think it's ok.  You'd prefer to have him.  But they're going to feature Gibson (assuming he actually is healthy), McKissic and Logan Thomas.  They'll probably have some deep shots built in to Cam Sims as well.

Cam is going to have to ball out because he's going to probably be the receiver who gets the most targets.

They're going to have to manufacture offense. But I think they can do it.  

2 minutes ago, TheDiplomat said:

Would be helpful if Turner doesn't trot out his typical WR screens and wheel routes the entire first half. O-Line needs to hold up, and I'd let Haskins sling it (under no pressure of course)

They have to get the ball out of Haskins' hands really quickly.  Especially if Moses is still a little gimpy.  

I would expect several bubble screens.  Wheel routes actually work really well in this offense if you can connect because the defender comes up to play the flat, then the RB gets behind them.  They had a couple "almosts" on those for big plays last week.  

I think Turner has done a pretty damn good job given the hand he has been dealt.  

I would like to see some WR jet-sweep stuff. We've seen a lot of the jet-sweep action, but they haven't actually handed the ball off a lot.  I'd probably do it 4-5 times this game, even if it only gets you 4-5 yards per attempt.  Because that's going to soften up everything else, and makes the action more effective.  They run that action all the time but don't actually hand it off much.

18 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

We can still get this done. Let’s go #7, clear the noggin and Get the W today!

I think we can win too. If Haskin's plays like he did in the second half we will win this. Plus not having Terry will force him to work with other receivers. I would rather have Alex but I think Haskins can win this.

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They have to get the ball out of Haskins' hands really quickly.  Especially if Moses is still a little gimpy.  

I would expect several bubble screens.  Wheel routes actually work really well in this offense if you can connect because the defender comes up to play the flat, then the RB gets behind them.  They had a couple "almosts" on those for big plays last week.  

I think Turner has done a pretty damn good job given the hand he has been dealt.  

I would like to see some WR jet-sweep stuff. We've seen a lot of the jet-sweep action, but they haven't actually handed the ball off a lot.  I'd probably do it 4-5 times this game, even if it only gets you 4-5 yards per attempt.  Because that's going to soften up everything else, and makes the action more effective.  They run that action all the time but don't actually hand it off much.

Thing is, what we've been doing hasn't worked for a couple of weeks now though. Our O has been flat and unable to score. I agree on the jet sweeps. We've hit on those the few times I remember us running them. I'd like to see us stick with the run, and use play action to let Haskins look deep. I stress again though, with good protection. O-Line has gotta hold up today. HTTWFT

Archived