Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac Week 16 Win and you are in the damn playoffs so Just Win edition. Also Ron’s revenge

RichmondRedskin88

18 minutes ago, c slag said:

This is one of those games that WSH just has to find a way to win, playoff caliber teams win these games at home in late December 

It's also that odd game a year where two NFC opponents are broadcast on CBS 13/9

It's cold as balls outside. Hopefully the weather plays to our advantage 

Well I am glad you all are that confident. I still feel like Charlie Brown waiting for Lucy to pull the football away and watch me land on my ass. I hope you are right. But this is exactly where we get at least once a year and in a blink of an eye it goes the other way. 

Don't get me wrong - I am ever hopeful and will be rooting my ass off for them. Totally love what Ron is doing with the team. But are we really there yet where we can be that confident going into a game? We are 6-8 after all. And I have just seen this movie too many times.

What worries in not the coaching or effort. So that is different. It's the injuries. Can Alex really go? WIll Terry being out be a big deal or not? Can gibson go. How will this young defense deal with a running QB. Teddy is elusive as hell at times. 

Hoping for the best but not as confident as some of you. And I hate waiting till 4!!  

30 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Well I am glad you all are that confident. I still feel like Charlie Brown waiting for Lucy to pull the football away and watch me land on my ass. I hope you are right. But this is exactly where we get at least once a year and in a blink of an eye it goes the other way. 

Don't get me wrong - I am ever hopeful and will be rooting my ass off for them. Totally love what Ron is doing with the team. But are we really there yet where we can be that confident going into a game? We are 6-8 after all. And I have just seen this movie too many times.

What worries in not the coaching or effort. So that is different. It's the injuries. Can Alex really go? WIll Terry being out be a big deal or not? Can gibson go. How will this young defense deal with a running QB. Teddy is elusive as hell at times. 

Hoping for the best but not as confident as some of you. And I hate waiting till 4!!  

The injuries have me worried. If Smith, Gibson, and McLaurin were healthy? No doubt, we wax em by double digits. But this just has the feelings of a 13-10 type game where Bridgewater just throws it in 2 seconds every time and dinks and dunks his way to a win.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have zero doubt that we win this game today. None. I haven't felt this good about one of our teams in so freaking long. Such a great feeling to have. I can not wait until tonight. 5pm feels so far away.

I wish I could put some of that in my coffee.  As it is, all I've got is caffeine, meal replacement powder, and marijuana.  I'll be amped, jacked, and freaking out that we're going to F this up.

54 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

The team vibe is getting Gibbs-esque. Rons toughness is leading the way and you can sense it. We are ****ing BACK!

Agreed.  It's a much better vibe than that MNF debacle when we sat in Snyder's seats.  You witnessed history that night, as it was the first game that Mrs. Skinsfan and I left early. Real early.  I think it was at half-time, or shortly thereafter.  That game was one of the low-points.   

Once this mess is over, are you ever going to come back and attend a game?   Our new tailgate spot, in the RedZone lot, is awesome and the tailgates have been off the charts. 

12 minutes ago, GothSkinsFan said:

I wish I could put some of that in my coffee.  As it is, all I've got is caffeine, meal replacement powder, and marijuana.  I'll be amped, jacked, and freaking out that we're going to F this up.

Well, I'm in for everything except the meal replacement powder...:wtf:

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The injuries have me worried. If Smith, Gibson, and McLaurin were healthy? No doubt, we wax em by double digits. But this just has the feelings of a 13-10 type game where Bridgewater just throws it in 2 seconds every time and dinks and dunks his way to a win.

I'm strangely confident for this one.     I'm usually "cautiously optimistic", or downright negative.   I still have butterflies, but I feel good about this game.  Really good.  I think that we'll kick their asses today.  Seriously.

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Agreed.  It's a much better vibe than that MNF debacle when we sat in Snyder's seats.  You witnessed history that night, as it was the first game that Mrs. Skinsfan and I left early. Real early.  I think it was at half-time, or shortly thereafter.  That game was one of the low-points.   

Once this mess is over, are you ever going to come back and attend a game?   Our new tailgate spot, in the RedZone lot, is awesome and the tailgates have been off the charts. 

Hell yes! I had plane tickets last thanksgiving and was hoping to get to a game!

I'll never forget that night. Historic indeed. Second half was nothing but Giants fans in there. I stayed. I was afraid people would start throwing snowballs at Snyders box and I'd get hit. 

OMG was that night thee worst.

I can't wait to tailgate with you and the crew again!

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I need something to cling to god damn it. Life is freaking hard. I need at least 2 more win in the next three games. Please christmas jesus make it happen!

Well if we get 3 more gms we will have made the POs so I hope you get your wish 😉   

2 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Any word on how long Alex Smith will be out for?

He's playing. They said GT decision, but that's horseflop.

Just now, goskins10 said:

Well if we get 3 more gms we will have made the POs so I hope you get your wish 😉   

We are going to clinch and knock the cowboys and eagles out today!

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

We are going to clinch and knock the cowboys and eagles out today!

Just for the record we only have 2 gms left. So winning 2 of three would mean the POs.  I was just messing with you a little.  But was honest too. I do hope you get your wish. If we get a 3rd gm it's a PO game. 🙂  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Just for the record we only have 2 gms left. So winning 2 of three would mean the POs.  I was just messing with you a little.  But was honest too. I do hope you get your wish. If we get a 3rd gm it's a PO game. 🙂  :cheers:

Of course I'm talking about our PO game.

16 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

My family and I got to go to the ES tailgate for our 1st home game ever against the Giants. Which ended up being the game that got us Chase Young. Great experience with great people. We talked to people on here before hand and people greeted us and treated us as family. Wonderful time with you all.

24 minutes ago, HoggLife said:

My family and I got to go to the ES tailgate for our 1st home game ever against the Giants. Which ended up being the game that got us Chase Young. Great experience with great people. We talked to people on here before hand and people greeted us and treated us as family. Wonderful time with you all.

We always win the tailgate!

I'm glad that you and your family joined us and had fun.

I can't wait until we can start tailgating again.

Archived