Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

I've had a horrible thought that this could turn out like our last draft.

The rebranding team spends over a year researching and compiling all the relevant data. All the choices are collated, assessed and the ultimate best choice is made.

Then Dan steps in at the last moment, and the Washington Snyders are born.

19 hours ago, SkinsFanPA said:

Would "Renegades" be a bad idea?  You could stick with the Lombardi-era uniforms, and it would check a bunch of boxes:  It would get rid of the previous name, the previous logo, yet it still would allow a connection to the past.

you know what Renegades puts me in min of?  Rebels.  So, not the best idea, I don't think

• Like 1

Still miss the REDSKINS.  But because it has to change one of the few that I keep going back to is simply the "Warriors". Rolls off the tongue. The 70th anniversary look which keeps at least some connection to past tradition.  Can keep the new "W" as part of the logo... connects to old and the new.  Keep the feathers as part of some imaging like on the words below and the spear.

But that's just me. 

70th_anniversary.jpg

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 3
5 hours ago, carex said:

you know what Renegades puts me in min of?  Rebels.  So, not the best idea, I don't think

Yup, Renegades for the Nations Capitol is a bad idea.  Again, people have to consider what the name will look and feel like in practical application.  We are not on an island in the NFL.  The name has to fit the Capitol first, and sound right when used in conjunction with the other NFL names and logos.  

• Like 2

It most certainly does not have to fit the capitol. We haven’t played there in decades, and there is little probability we ever move back there either. This is a DMV team. 

The name and colors should reference the history of the franchise. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

It most certainly does not have to fit the capitol. We haven’t played there in decades, and there is little probability we ever move back there either. This is a DMV team. 

Unless we're changing to the Maryland or Virginia Football Team, the name still has to fit with Washington

13 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

They have said the colors are staying.  The color scheme is the common thread that binds us to the past.  Aside from that the rest should go, and for clarification when I say Capitol...I am absolutely referring to the DMV.  They are Washington’s team and with the name change I have high hopes they will again play within the city limits.  Changing the name was the biggest issue with moving them back into the city and now that is done maybe it can happen.  If not, National Harbor is a great spot.  As is Alexandria.  Still Washington as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, Painkiller said:

They have said the colors are staying.  The color scheme is the common thread that binds us to the past.  Aside from that the rest should go, and for clarification when I say Capitol...I am absolutely referring to the DMV.  They are Washington’s team and with the name change I have high hopes they will again play within the city limits.  Changing the name was the biggest issue with moving them back into the city and now that is done maybe it can happen.  If not, National Harbor is a great spot.  As is Alexandria.  Still Washington as far as I’m concerned.

National Harbor is easily the best spot for a new stadium, and hogan has been on record in favor of it. Agreed on keeping Washington as the name. Just don’t want any reference to typical DC themes ( monuments, capitols, senators, sentinels, etc)

Either go with a name of a cool animal that hasn’t been picked yet, or some animal/thing that relates to the historic football franchise. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

That would be nice.  

You made an interesting point. Saying "The Capital" got me thinking. I know there has been confusion about Washington state or DC for some random people in the past. 

You think something like "The Capital Stallions" of some **** could happen? Not saying I like it, but The Capital..............somethings.

If the team moved back to DC.

4 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You made an interesting point. Saying "The Capital" got me thinking. I know there has been confusion about Washington state or DC for some random people in the past. 

You think something like "The Capital Stallions" of some **** could happen? Not saying I like it, but The Capital..............somethings.

If the team moved back to DC.

Too radical for me.  Just keep it Washington.  I doubt anything like that is on the agenda.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Painkiller said:

Too radical for me.  Just keep it Washington.  I doubt anything like that is on the agenda.

You're probably right. It was just a thought. 

Still more likely than Warriors though :D

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Still more likely than Warriors though :D

I sincerely hope for Warriors. If it’s something else it is what it is.  I don’t want weak and I don’t want something that sets us up for further ridicule.  I was way too invested in arguing against the name change for years, and now that it’s done and over with I just want to watch and enjoy Football now without worrying about the brand.  

I just want a name that is worthy of a professional football team that plays in the Nation’s Capitol.  Not one that is chosen because it kind of sort of sounds like the old name.  We’ve already covered this ground though.  🙂

Edited by Painkiller
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

I sincerely hope for Warriors. If it’s something else it is what it is.  I don’t want weak and I don’t want something that sets us up for further ridicule.  I was way too invested in arguing against the name change for years, and now that it’s done and over with I just want to watch and enjoy Football now without worrying about the brand.  

I just want a name that is worthy of a professional football team that plays in the Nation’s Capitol.  Not one that is chosen because it kind of sort of sounds like the old name.  We’ve already covered this ground though.  🙂

Yeah, we've been down that road. Just busting balls, being funny. :ols:

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

National Harbor is easily the best spot for a new stadium, and hogan has been on record in favor of it. Agreed on keeping Washington as the name. Just don’t want any reference to typical DC themes ( monuments, capitols, senators, sentinels, etc)

Either go with a name of a cool animal that hasn’t been picked yet, or some animal/thing that relates to the historic football franchise. 

we've been naming teams for animals for over a century, there are no cool animals the haven't been picked

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, carex said:

we've been naming teams for animals for over a century, there are no cool animals the haven't been picked

Thats a damn lie. There’s so many good ones out there. As long as you don’t choose a pelican or some lame animal, you’re golden.

Blue Footed Boobies

Thorny Devils

Blobfish

Maned Wolves

Narwhals

Coffinfish

Lykoi 

Axolotl

Suckermouth Catfish 
Nudibranch 

Whitemargin Stargazers

Christmas Tree Worms

Hairy-Chested Yeti Crabs

If you think I wouldn’t rock a Washington Hairy-Chested Yeti Crab jersey, or a Washington Stargazer shirt... you’re dead wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Hitman#21 said:

They better keep the colors. Agreed?

I really couldn't like our colors less. It's so freaking ugly. It's why I've never really bought a jersey. I had a Cooley someone bought me and I found a Terry Allen 21 that I turned into a Taylor Jersey, but got rid of them when i moved to the Caribbean. 

6 hours ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Thats a damn lie. There’s so many good ones out there. As long as you don’t choose a pelican or some lame animal, you’re golden.

Blue Footed Boobies

Thorny Devils

Blobfish

Maned Wolves

Narwhals

Coffinfish

Lykoi 

Axolotl

Suckermouth Catfish 
Nudibranch 

Whitemargin Stargazers

Christmas Tree Worms

Hairy-Chested Yeti Crabs

If you think I wouldn’t rock a Washington Hairy-Chested Yeti Crab jersey, or a Washington Stargazer shirt... you’re dead wrong. 

The Eastern Oyster saved the Chesapeake Bay. Might be time to pay some homage. They do have a golden hue and tobassco is kinda Burgundy.

Edited by Koolblue13
On 2/25/2021 at 12:49 PM, SkinsFanPA said:

A few of my thoughts, I apologize for any uber-repetitiveness...

I personally had never considered "Warthogs", but I actually like it.  That, and Razorbacks.  Again, you could keep the Lombardi-era uni's (or move in a different direction), and the Hogs could come back as a nickname, and we know how we love that one.  Good suggestions, those of you who thought if it!  Plus, some graphic designer could come up with a really mean Warthog logo...

giphy.gif
😛😛😛

• Haha 1