Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

36 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Patent law hurts my brain

That is just US patent law

Imagine having to secure rights for a company that is part of a league that is aggressively expanding to oversees markets. I do not envy Jason Wright. Dude is starting from virtual scratch and will have to protect our moniker from every major market on the globe.

If you want to continue to secure the revenue stream of our friends in the UK, guess what they have to do all over again. Made even more complicated due to Brexit. Fun

You honestly have to be a die-hard fan to do that for a living (Zombie Pun)

My pain v gain metro-meter says Wright's gonna look like the Hulk at the end of this. Maybe we can get permission to play him on the edge. He will just drag several Olinemen with him to the QB.

• Like 1

I applied for a trademark and got it even though the word Networks couldn't be trademarked as it was generic and part of the normal language usage. What I was told instead that the word before it could be even though still generic and it stylized (my artistic talent paid off here). There was another company that came after me in Texas with the same name but I couldn't sue them since the first word of my company name was stylized and stood out and can't be confused. The Trademark Office's rules are so bat****! 

Too bad Dan wasn't smart enough to come up with a name and just replaced it instead of this interim crap. In the interim others had time to make their position more solid of even trademark names that they thought Redskins could be replaced with. Too bad some of the good names were already taken and squatted. Damn these squatters!!!

9 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

If you want to continue to secure the revenue stream of our friends in the UK, guess what they have to do all over again. Made even more complicated due to Brexit. Fun

So in Europe, how does a team like FC Barcelona trademark and avoid ripoffs?

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

https://tjn-blog-images.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/17172007/I-have-no-idea-what-Im-doing-810x380.jpg

Haven't the foggiest (London Pun)

Zombies are land-locked. Can't get to other countries to figure out how the mates in UK do things. I just know everyone has their own laws

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Because people want official gear period. Even when we were the Redskins counterfeit merch was sold in the parking lot. There is gonna be people that buy it regardless, but others prefer to pay the extra coin for the officially licensed merch

12 hours ago, Spearfeather said:

Because they've been around since 1899, in a different country, and probably had much different standards to receive a trademark. But other than that, probably the same thing as trying to get a really weak trademark through.

3 minutes ago, carex said:

so, I do wonder if this site going down multiple times in a couple weeks could be a sign of some news

I think it was hacked. Could be wrong but that's what it seems like. Hope whatever it is has been fixed. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

I think it was hacked. Could be wrong but that's what it seems like. Hope whatever it is has been fixed. 

I doubt it. Both times went down after Sunday and then down for almost 3 days. Sounds like paying the bill issue to me. 

• Haha 1

Hey, welcome back all.  

I thought either we were finally shut down for good OR the web address was going to be…

es.washingtonfootballteamextremes.com

😄

• Like 2

@Anselmheifer

Love it or hate it, logical or not add another to that canine claw mark list.

Clinton HS, who went from Redskins to Redwolves, revealed their new logo 2 days ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1407161203646943232/k3xVn5Jw_400x400.jpg

Designed by SCS Image Group. The claw marks are basically a standard industry practice at this point.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 1

What if we went with the Washington Infrastructure.

That way we could have infrastructure week every week. Besides, with Snyder as our leader could there be a more apt logo than a bridge to nowhere?

14 hours ago, zskins said:

I doubt it. Both times went down after Sunday and then down for almost 3 days. Sounds like paying the bill issue to me. 

We should be the Washington Autopay... just as a reminder.

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, max21 said:

That’s a decent logo @FootballZombie it seems inevitable we will be changed to the Wolves, Redwolves. I’m giddy 

Washington Wolves

Washington Redwolves

Washington Wolfpack 

Just make it official and brand it well. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Washington Wolves

Washington Redwolves

Washington Wolfpack 

Just make it official and brand it well. 

I would be happy with any of those. Would also like to throw Washington Werewolves into the ring. Probably a long shot (not too kid-friendly), and too many w’s, but they could have some fun with the mascot and branding. 

• Like 2

As this rebranding process continues to move on, I just have to say...does anybody really want to buy a plain blue T-Shirt with this helmet?  I have to believe that Football Team is a temporary brand.

Really not trying to be a jerk, but I wouldn't wear this if somebody gave it to me for free.

00.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, Painkiller said:

As this rebranding process continues to move on, I just have to say...does anybody really want to buy a plain blue T-Shirt with this helmet?  I have to believe that Football Team is a temporary brand.

Really not trying to be a jerk, but I wouldn't wear this if somebody gave it to me for free.

Looks like a generic football shirt you could buy from Walmart 

On 6/23/2021 at 6:53 PM, Painkiller said:

Hey, welcome back all.  

I thought either we were finally shut down for good OR the web address was going to be…

es.washingtonfootballteamextremes.com

😄

Would actually be eft.footballteam.com lol...

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, max21 said:

Looks like a generic football shirt you could buy from Walmart

Herein lies the problem with trademarking the WFT. What's to stop anyone from putting "Football Team" in gold, block letters on a burgundy shirt? Or even change the colors slightly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Herein lies the problem with trademarking the WFT. What's to stop anyone from putting "Football Team" in gold, block letters on a burgundy shirt? Or even change the colors slightly.

Isn't that an issue with all NFL teams, though?

55 AM copy.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1