Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

On 6/14/2021 at 7:24 AM, max21 said:

You think they would release something during this season? That’d be cool but seems like it could be a distraction 

I’d think they’d do it before the season. 

It feels like waiting until the end of the season would leave us in a time crunch for rolling everything out. But maybe not. It seems like a lot of T’s to cross and I’s to dot.

I don’t think it’d be during the season but it could be no biggie. 

It may not exactly be their choice as to when. Patents, trademarks, league approvals, and a ton of other things we don’t know etc etc. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, TK said:

I've been on the Red Wolves bandwagon as well, though I think Washington Chaos also fits perfectly on so many levels. :) 

Actually Chaos is a great name on so many levels 👍

13 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I like the idea of copperhead, just seems long. Arizona has the diamondbacks, which is just as many syllables. It could grow on me. Still better than WFT, DCFC, or any of the garbage Megaforce came up with.

*Me flying to Ashburn to make team name suggestions, finding copperheads on the list*

• Haha 4

Copperheads was a team name finalist for Tennessee. But not taken as seriously as South Stars, Pioneers, and Rebels.

FYI Copperheads was also the name of an Arena Football League 2 team in Texas.
Texas Copperheads Logo Primary Logo (2007-2008) -  SportsLogos.Net

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I really like Thrashers. That is an impressive bird. Sounds really cool too.

Maybe the prehistoric ones were impressive, but today's thrasher is a quite dweebie, pretty little bird with an impressive name. Kinda like what we were under Zorn.

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, mudhog said:

Maybe the prehistoric ones were impressive, but today's thrasher is a quite dweebie, pretty little bird with an impressive name. Kinda like what we were under Zorn.

An aggressive defender of its nest, the Brown Burgundy Thrasher is known to strike people and dogs hard enough to draw blood. Brown Burgundy Thrashers are accomplished songsters that may sing more than 1,100 different song types and include imitations of other birds, including Chuck-will's-widows, Wood Thrushes, and Northern Flickers.

Edited by Koolblue13
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

An aggressive defender of its nest, the Brown Burgundy Thrasher is known to strike people and dogs hard enough to draw blood. Brown Thrashers are accomplished songsters that may sing more than 1,100 different song types and include imitations of other birds, including Chuck-will's-widows, Wood Thrushes, and Northern Flickers.

Thanks KB. I am gonna chuckle all day over that one. 💯

• Haha 1

Atlanta's now defunct hockey team was the Thrashers. Atlanta seems to have a problem holding onto big leads in the Super Bowl, NLCS, and their hockey teams.

• Like 1

Whelp, its to dead around here for my liking (Zombie Pun). Time to throw out another possibly important/possibly nothing factoid.

Directly visiting Washingtonredwolves.com yields a 403 Forbidden message.

Been a while since my coding classes, but I'm pretty sure that means either an error in the coding on the site that is blocking user access, or something much more relevant, the client is intentionally blocking access to site site for whatever reason.

I plugged in several of the common possible name variants and those all led to existing sites (w/ the exception of WashingtonRedtails which led to nothing)

Someone else can try and they can see if they get similar results. Its also possible my coding knowledge is horrifically out of date or my firewall is being too aggro

Edited by FootballZombie

I had a half-asleep kinda dream that the name was gonna be Warriors and the helmet emblem featured a skull lol...i'm trying to find something on google that kinda sorta looks like what I saw (not having any luck tho). If this ends up being the direction they go in I want this to be proof that I have super powers... 🤓

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I had a half-asleep kinda dream that the name was gonna be Warriors and the helmet emblem featured a skull lol...i'm trying to find something on google that kinda sorta looks like what I saw (not having any luck tho). If this ends up being the direction they go in I want this to be proof that I have super powers... 🤓

I think that Tampa Bay has already beat us to the skull logo idea. A helmet designed as a skull would be awesome though 😀.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, London Kev said:

I think that Tampa Bay has already beat us to the skull logo idea. A helmet designed as a skull would be awesome though 😀.

Damn you Pittman4Two!

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Whelp, its to dead around here for my liking (Zombie Pun). Time to throw out another possibly important/possibly nothing factoid.

Directly visiting Washingtonredwolves.com yields a 403 Forbidden message.

Been a while since my coding classes, but I'm pretty sure that means either an error in the coding on the site that is blocking user access, or something much more relevant, the client is intentionally blocking access to site site for whatever reason.

I plugged in several of the common possible name variants and those all led to existing sites (w/ the exception of WashingtonRedtails which led to nothing)

Someone else can try and they can see if they get similar results. Its also possible my coding knowledge is horrifically out of date or my firewall is being too aggro

Oh I looked into that last year. During that time between retiring of Redskins and introduction to (blecch!) WFT, I thought that website was a hint. But nothing came of it. And most likely won't be anything official.

16 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

Oh I looked into that last year.

Do you remember if it was if 403 forbidden when you looked back then? The domain itself has existed long before our name change as it was created back in 2019.

3 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Do you remember if it was if 403 forbidden when you looked back then? The domain itself has existed long before our name change as it was created back in 2019.

It was 403 forbidden. But nothing happened with it.

• Thanks 1
On 6/15/2021 at 10:33 PM, TK said:

though I think Washington Chaos also fits perfectly on so many levels. :) 

and the perfect branding right here
image.png.5065a2f7e1cfb8f8ef036ca195eca5b7.png

image.png.5dd728eac10fe1bbdb605d0344b04819.png

(and no offense to Cooley, but this is the original Captain Chaos)

Edited by slinky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
14 hours ago, London Kev said:

kurgan.jpg

5 hours ago, slinky said:

and the perfect branding right here
image.png.5065a2f7e1cfb8f8ef036ca195eca5b7.png

image.png.5dd728eac10fe1bbdb605d0344b04819.png

(and no offense to Cooley, but this is the original Captain Chaos)

I would rather be the Redtails :806:

• Haha 1