Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Lol. Yeah I'm crazy. There are more articles than the ones I posted. Support for WFT is growing and will only continue to do so with continued winning. By the end of the season, WFT will feel normal to just about everyone. It will have been the name for 2 years. 

But sure, go howl at the moon at FedEx. Surround yourself with stuffed animal Wolves. Seems very sane. Please see FootballZombies post.

Oh gee. A handful of articles from opinionated authors have more say than the millions of fans who want something better? Yeah right.
Go ahead and post EVERY article that wants it to be WFT. Do those articles add up to millions of people? Maybe count the comments on those articles. What is the percentage of commenters who support WFT? More than 50%? No? Oh gee I though you said it was more accepting. How about this. Count every person who posted in this thread. What percentage of those like WFT? You will find the number not significant enough in all of them.

And it is even more hilarious that you think winning dictates the name. They are INDEPENDENT of each other. Winning will not keep the name alive. 

If it makes you feel any better, they will definitely keep WFT for nostalgia marketing, or for resistant fans like yourself. So you can buy the WFT stuff after 2022 and talk about the time WSH was in a transitioning period in performance and in a name. And start to lose people when you refuse to speak the new WSH name. 

But WSH will move on without you. Even Snyder will move on without you.  Heck if broadcasters pick up the howling in the stands this season, the analysts will certainly talk about it, ESPN commenters will take about it, and the support for Wolves will shift into high gear. They won't mock the name like you do, not when they compare it with WFT.

Edited by DCdangerous
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

Oh gee. A handful of articles from opinionated authors have more say than the millions of fans who want something better? Yeah right.
Go ahead and post EVERY article that wants it to be WFT. Do those articles add up to millions of people? Maybe count the comments on those articles. What is the percentage of commenters who support WFT? More than 50%? No? Oh gee I though you said it was more accepting. How about this. Count every person who posted in this thread. What percentage of those like WFT? You will find the number not significant enough in all of them.

And it is even more hilarious that you think winning dictates the name. They are INDEPENDENT of each other. Winning will not keep the name alive. 

If it makes you feel any better, they will definitely keep WFT for nostalgia marketing, or for resistant fans like yourself. So you can buy the WFT stuff after 2022 and talk about the time WSH was in a transitioning period in performance and in a name. And start to lose people when you refuse to speak the new WSH name. 

But WSH will move on without you. Even Snyder will move on without you.  Heck if broadcasters pick up the howling in the stands, the analysts will certainly talk about it, ESPN commenter will take about it, and the support for Wolves will shift into high gear. They won't mock the name like you do, not when they compare it with WFT.

See the post directly prior to yours. Yet another fan saying they wouldn't mind keeping WFT.

And I think that's the general sentiment. In my opinion the people passionate about names like Wolves are the vocal minority.

Hate it all you want, there is more evidence including team statements that suggest WFT is a front runner, moreso than any other name.

But we know howl much you love the Wolfies. Roof roof. Go Wolfpack. Yuck.

• Sad 1
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

See the post directly prior to yours. Yet another fan saying they wouldn't mind keeping WFT.

And I think that's the general sentiment. In my opinion the people passionate about names like Wolves are the vocal minority.

Hate it all you want, there is more evidence including team statements that suggest WFT is a front runner, moreso than any other name.

Yeah he said he was OK with whatever they choose. It could be WFT, or Wolves. Plus even if you count him to be pro-WFT, I still have people on here like Koolblue, Painkiller, UKskins, FootballZombie just to name a few for anti-WFT.

Wolves is in the vocal minority, yes. But you know what name has the biggest group of supporters? Redwolves. And WSH could still gain the support of those Redwolves fans even if they drop the Red part.

And yeah, WSH would SAY that WFT is a front runner. It is their current name. It is the only name that they "own". They wouldn't give official statements about the other team name choices that they do not own.Or else they would invite merch knockoffs and TM squatters.  If that is your idea of evidence, then I am not concerned at all.

Claim all you want, but you and I are not in charge. The WSH front office name change team is the one doing the process. And while WFT is CONSIDERED, so are any name out there. And WFT is a front runner as much as Metropolitans was a front runner name for the Seattle NHL team. It was considered and was a front runner, but it wasn't selected.

But go ahead and root for a name that all 32 teams in the NFL can claim to be. Green Bay can't claim to be a cowboy but they can claim to be a football team. Kansas City can't claim to be a seahawk, but they can claim to be a football team. No team in the NFL would be able to claim to be a wolf, except for Washington. 

Edited by DCdangerous
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Good, the assimilation is almost complete. 

A855E807-FFE0-4BD9-9ADC-C094DAC0721B.gif

Edited by Die Hard
  • Haha 6
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I have a full size wolf costume a friend gave me that I'm going to dye burgundy and gold and annoy the living hell out of people in. I can not wait.

team will need a mascot

If you fly out and go to a game to channel your inner Phanatic you might get a phone call.

or end up in stadium jail

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 1

Presumably, Jason Wright and company are engaging data/survey professionals to gauge large-scale feelings about team names, not relying on a handful of people on a team forum.

Nobody here, including me, has any idea what the larger current and potential fanbase thinks of any of the potential names.

It has to be capable of being trademarked. It has to be marketable nationwide, not just in this area--and it also has to serve as a base for marketable merchandise. It has to project the league's overall desired image. There are a lot of considerations in play.

• Like 2

Even if we do not keep WFT. Wolves is absolutely horrible.

I much prefer RedHogs.

Nod at the teams history, allows the continued use of the fight song.

Seems to check way more boxes that the team is saying will be vital to the name choice, per their statement.

I'd much rather even RedWolves over Wolves, but hate both. RedWolves is a college team.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
37 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

I'd much rather even RedWolves over Wolves, but hate both. RedWolves is a college team

Such an odd take...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Such an odd take...

How is it odd when one allows the continued use of the fight song and one doesn't?

Also, speaking to evidence of support of WFT. A good barometer is the comment section of WFT videos on YouTube. Instagram comments as well. A quick glance at any of them and you will see tons of "Hail Team" and #HTTWFT comments EVERYWHERE. I see no comments about wolves.

There is more support to keep WFT than this wolf fan club on a message board.

First hand conversations with all the WFT fans I know and I haven't heard Wolves once. I've heard a few people that like RedWolves and RedHogs.... No wolves though.

Edited by DC Lumber Co.
  • Sad 1

The fact that some fans have warmed to WFT highlights what Wright said they want most in a name: a strong connection  to the past

Wright has previously said, and reiterated during an interview with ESPN on Tuesday, that Washington Football Team will remain in 2021. He said the permanent name would be in place for 2022. 

"There are a set of folks that have warmed to the Washington Football Team," Wright said of input the organization has received. "Some of the things that are emerging from that are the Washington Football Team has something that ties deeply to our history. It feels like that isn't jettisoning all the things we have been in the past, whereas something that's completely new might feel that way.

WOLVES is something completely new that would feel that way. It's jettisoning all the things we have been. It has no ties to the past. While I understand that is exactly what the "Wolfpack" wants.... It's not what a large segment of the fanbase wants... And the team is listening to those fans. If it's not WFT... You can rest assured that it will be something that isn't a huge change. Like the RedHogs or something with "red" in it, to continue use of our beloved fight song...

But I could also see them avoiding things with red in it to avoid further criticism from those people who look for things to be offended by. In that case I see them sticking with WFT. 

If you completely ignore direct statements from the team just because of your personal hatred for WFT... I don't know what to tell you.

• Sad 1

“Sure, it’s possible!” Snyder wrote in an email. “If the Washington Football Team name catches on and our fans embrace it, then we would be happy to have it as our permanent name. I think we have developed a very classy retro look and feel.”

Direct quote from Dan Snyder. Now majority owner of the Football Team. 

You know what helps it catch on? Another winning season. I also find it interesting that we have come out with a TON of WFT gear for this season. Seems to be catching on if you ask me.

The Alabama Crimson Tide doesn't have alliteration. They don't howl after touchdowns. They are classic. Retro. Number on the side of the helmets. Deep tradition. All business.

• Sad 1
18 hours ago, DCdangerous said:

The Native American community leaders are mostly against the old name

But as far as the people they supposedly " represent ", well ...

18 hours ago, DCdangerous said:

within reason. Keeping it Football Team is not reasonable. 

Of course it is.

And yeah, that's probably a part of it, because " Washington Football Team " or a variation shows reverence for who we were by not trying to replace it with any new name that will almost certainly ( as some have pointed out here ) pale in comparison, but is distinctive in and of itself.

You're worried about people associating " Washington Football Team " with " Redskins " but you're not worried about people associating " Redwolves  " with " Redskins ".

O.k.

Maybe Jason Wright and Dan Snyder could take a trip to Europe.

Maybe have a face to face with some of those soccer teams and get some input on how they market their " Football Teams " and " Football Clubs ".

Maybe take a look at some stadiums while they're there.

Just an idea.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

But as far as the people they supposedly " represent ", well ..

Not as many as we thought.

You're worried about people associating " Washington Football Team " with " Redskins " but you're not worried about people associating " Redwolves  " with " Redskins ".

Nope. Because there have been high schools across the USA who changed their names from Redskins to Redwolves and Native Americans approved those new names.

And yeah, that's probably a part of it, because " Washington Football Team " or a variation shows reverence for who we were by not trying to replace it with any new name that will almost certainly

And that is EXACTLY why we can't stay WFT. Because with Redwolves, it is about the animal. You can't say Redskins instead of Redwolves because both names are two separate things. But you CAN replace Football Team with Redskins because Football Team cannot be separate from Redskins. And we NEED to be seprate from Redskins in order to truly move forward. 

1 hour ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Also, speaking to evidence of support of WFT. A good barometer is the comment section of WFT videos on YouTube. Instagram comments as well. A quick glance at any of them and you will see tons of "Hail Team" and #HTTWFT comments EVERYWHERE.

That is only because WSH has not narrowed down to its final choices. ANY name is still up in the air. So with no declared direction WSH is going with its name change, fans just make do with what they know now. WFT will remain in 2021 so we will root for it and hashtag it. That doesn't mean "Lets keep it WFT forever!"

You grasp onto quotes like gospel. Snyder said that last year. He did not hear from his legal team nor the branding team when he said that. They will tell him that Football Team does not produce as much potential as other names.
And yeah they are showing new merch. But nobody is buying it. Except maybe for you. Way to save the name.

1 hour ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

The Alabama Crimson Tide doesn't have alliteration. They don't howl after touchdowns. They are classic. Retro. Number on the side of the helmets. Deep tradition. All business.

Stop using teams that had their names forever as an example! They are classic because they never HAD to change. We HAVE to change! We were NEVER called Football Team except by people who found Redskins racist. Teams always use different gimmicks that look weird. The Terrible towels anyone? Our traditions are gone! We are going to make new traditions along with our new name. And if you don't want to participate in these new traditions with the name Wolves, there is the door.

Edited by DCdangerous
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, DCdangerous said:

Nope. Because there have been high schools across the USA who changed their names from Redskins to Redwolves and Native Americans approved those new names.

And that is EXACTLY why we can't stay WFT. Because with Redwolves, it is about the animal. You can't say Redskins instead of Redwolves because both names are two separate things. But you CAN replace Football Team with Redskins because Football Team cannot be separate from Redskins. And we NEED to be seprate from Redskins in order to truly move forward. 

That is only because WSH has not narrowed down to its final choices. ANY name is still up in the air. So with no declared direction WSH is going with its name change, fans just make do with what they know now. WFT will remain in 2021 so we will root for it and hashtag it. That doesn't mean "Lets keep it WFT forever!"

You grasp onto quotes like gospel. Snyder did not hear from his legal team nor the branding team when he said that. They will tell him that Football Team does not produce as much potential as other names.
And yeah they are showing new merch. But nobody is buying it. Except maybe for you. Way to save the name.

Stop using teams that had their names forever as an example! They are classic because they nver HAD to change. We HAVE to change! We were NEVER called Football Team except by people who found Redskins racist. Team always use different gimmicks that look weird. The Terrible towels anyone? Our traditions are gone! We are going to make new traditions along with our new name. And if you don't want to participate in these new traditions with the name Wolves, there is the door.

No, we do not have to change. Nowhere has it been said that we cannot keep WFT. Jason Wright and Dan Snyder both have stated it's an absolute possibility. 

It's funny you say people that want to keep WFT are stubborn when in fact it is you that can't even accept WFT it as a potential option. 

You're completely ignoring statements about priority being on keeping history and traditions intact, not jettisoning them in favor of new ones (like howling). I'm open to any name that does that (keeping tradition and history) And the only ones that do so in my opinion are what I've stated in countless posts. Keeping WFT, Football Club, RedHogs. 

So if you would stop being a fan if we keep WFT, that door works for you as well. In the meantime, I'll be buying up all the sweet new WFT they just released for this season.

• Sad 1
Just now, DC Lumber Co. said:

No, we do not have to change. Nowhere has it been said that we cannot keep WFT. Jason Wright and Dan Snyder both have stated it's an absolute possibility. 

It's funny you say people that want to keep WFT are stubborn when in fact it is you that can't even accept WFT it as a potential option. 

You're completely ignoring statements about priority being on keeping history and traditions intact, not jettisoning them in favor of new ones (like howling). I'm open to any name that does that (keeping tradition and history) And the only ones that do so in my opinion are what I've stated in countless posts. Keeping WFT, Football Club, RedHogs. 

So if you would stop being a fan if we keep WFT, that door works for you as well. In the meantime, I'll be buying up all the sweet new WFT they just released for this season.

YES! We DO have to change. I have always accepted keeping history and traditions intact. But WHAT traditions are they talking about?? What tradition are YOU talking about?? Holding onto Hail? The fight song? Like I said, they will preserve and maintain as much as possible, but within reason.  If trying to hold onto Hail or the fight song is a stretch, they will abandon it. Because the past fans, the "legacy" fans, will not be on this earth for long. And they can't risk the future just to satisfy the fans of the past.

I know that WFT is a name that will be a finalist, that is a no-brainer. Whenever WSH narrows down the name choices, WFT will definitely be one of them. I accept that. But compared to the potential from the other name choices out there, it will not be selected as the final name. That I am sure of.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

But you CAN replace Football Team with Redskins because Football Team cannot be separate from Redskins. And we NEED to be seprate from Redskins in order to truly move forward.

It is almost impossible to separate from our 90 year past, regardless of what we do.

30 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

You grasp onto quotes like gospel. Snyder did not hear from his legal team nor the branding team when he said that. 

Maybe, but I bet you Jason Wright had before his comments just a couple of months ago.

False.

Edited by Spearfeather
Posted (edited)

@DCdangerous

Direct quotes from the man behind the name change operation and the teams owner are about as close to gospel as you can get. But sure, ignore quotes and go off of your feelings. I know you FEEL that we HAVE to change. But we don't in reality. At all. 

Show me a news article talking about how great Wolves would be... I'll wait.

Dan Snyder is majority owner. He is more stubborn than anyone when it comes to wanting to hold on to the History, tradition, and legacy of this team. If he is sold on WFT... I can almost promise you that it will be the name. 

Your reasoning that legacy fans will be dead soon tell me all I need to know. I can promise you legacy fans will factor more into the name change than you give it credit for. If not the most important factor, as referenced in direct quotes from Jason Wright. We will not be jettisoning history for the sake of something new and fresh. You can demand that we need to jettison legacy fans all you want. The team feels otherwise.

Edited by DC Lumber Co.
  • Haha 1

@DC Lumber Co.

Does it have to be just Wolves? Because I have seen several articles that interview Fred Smoot talking about how the name should be Redwolves. And even more Podcasts from journalists (with or even without Fred Smoot) talking about how Redwolves or Wolves is a good choice. 
But again those are OPINIONS. The pro-WFT articles are opinions. They are not concrete evidence of what will be chosen by the name change team. Even quotes from Wright and Snyder are not as infallible as you think. They are lip service to quiet the “legacy” fans. 

And really your commitment to the Football Team this much, with full backing of “legacy” fans is pretty simple. You wanted the Redskins name to remain. Football Team is nothing without the Redskins. But the irony is, you are holding onto a name that is officially dead. You will not be here forever explaining the Redskins to naysayers of the Football Team name. And I am sorry but Wright will not keep a name just to satisfy Redskins fans. Snyder may be the biggest Redskins fan, but even he knows. Without the Redskins name, Football Team doesn’t make sense.  Why hold onto a name that on its own, has no hint of Redskins on it? At least with Wolves you don’t need to know about football to connect from what a Redskin is to what a wolf is. 

So go ahead and keep rooting for a name that is no longer here. You say you want Football Team but we know you just want Redskins. And no new logo you claim they can change in 2022 denies that fact. You may find it funny that I and a bunch of others here want Wolves. But for those who want Football Team this much and use those flimsy reasons why, that’s just sad. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

@DC Lumber Co.

Does it have to be just Wolves? Because I have seen several articles that interview Fred Smoot talking about how the name should be Redwolves. And even more Podcasts from journalists (with or even without Fred Smoot) talking about how Redwolves or Wolves is a good choice. 
But again those are OPINIONS. The pro-WFT articles are opinions. They are not concrete evidence of what will be chosen by the name change team. Even quotes from Wright and Snyder are not as infallible as you think. They are lip service to quiet the “legacy” fans. 

And really your commitment to the Football Team this much, with full backing of “legacy” fans is pretty simple. You wanted the Redskins name to remain. Football Team is nothing without the Redskins. But the irony is, you are holding onto a name that is officially dead. You will not be here forever explaining the Redskins to naysayers of the Football Team name. And I am sorry but Wright will not keep a name just to satisfy Redskins fans. Snyder may be the biggest Redskins fan, but even he knows. Without the Redskins name, Football Team doesn’t make sense.  Why hold onto a name that on its own, has no hint of Redskins on it? At least with Wolves you don’t need to know about football to connect from what a Redskin is to what a wolf is. 

So go ahead and keep rooting for a name that is no longer here. You say you want Football Team but we know you just want Redskins. And no new logo you claim they can change in 2022 denies that fact. You may find it funny that I and a bunch of others here want Wolves. But for those who want Football Team this much and use those flimsy reasons why, that’s just sad. 

Yes you are exactly right. This is all opinion. And opinion of the legacy fans matter, and will factor heavily into the choice of the name as the team has openly stated.

And your assumptions are incorrect. Did I think the name change was a product of the current cancel culture society we live in? Yes. But I'm fine with moving away from the old name. Frankly, people were calling us Washington for years anyway. But yes I would like for the team not to completely reboot and throw all that history and tradition in the trash. Which is exactly what the team is saying they are attempting to do. 

As I've stated before... While WFT is my top choice I am open to others. And im happy that the team has said they will choose a name that is a nod at our history. Be it WFT, something with Red in it or hogs. It's not going to be Wolves unless it's RedWolves... Which isn't very likely in my opinion either.

I just strongly believe that the team will take the path of least resistance and go with a name that has already been in place for two years, and has caught on with a large segment of the fanbase rather than open themselves up to another round of criticism. That may be boring to you, but I like it. As Snyder said, they feel they have created a classy retro feel, and I agree. There are ways you can supplement the announcement of making WFT permanent with things that excite people. Alternate logos, mascot, alternate jerseys. You just choose to ignore that as an option and that's okay. When you build brand loyalty (especially as huge as ours is), you don't restart completely. You try everything you can to build upon it.

WFT is a middle finger to being conformist. I LIKE it for that reason alone. And it's all business. Professional. The merch we just released is classy and not cheesedick like a howling wolf hat would be. I genuinely like it. Not because it's a front for holding onto redskins. Not at all. 

You can distance yourself from a name without disowning the entire history. WFT accomplishes just that. Jason Wright and our Owner agrees.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, DCdangerous said:

@DC Lumber Co.

Just answer me this: what exactly is part of our tradition? Just tell me every tradition our team has that you think we HAVE to preserve. 

The colors. Our main home and away uniforms. Already said they will not change.

Our fight song. Can be preserved with alterations to the lyrics. "Hail to our/the Ball-Club" "Hail to the RedHogs"

Our rivalry with the cowboys. Can be preserved via marketing it as "America's Team vs THE Football Team (think how people pridefully say Ohio State) just like it was before when it was cowboys vs indians (without something that offends people)

And lastly, most importantly... Not acting like we aren't one of the oldest franchises in the league. Not acting like we are a fresh new expansion team. Honoring the players and fans that wore Redskins gear while moving away from the name itself.

That's our team. Our tradition. Our history. When you build brand loyalty you preserve it at any cost. 

Actually the more I think about it, I really like keeping WFT with our mascot being a RedHog. Best of both worlds. Can use RedHog in the fight song while keeping WFT.

RedHogs would be our secondary logo to go along with our main branding. Similar to the Browns "Brownie" alternate logo.

All the above sounds a whole lot better than howling at the moon to me. 

Give me WFT. Give me Football Club. Give me something serious, all business, classy. Period.

Edited by DC Lumber Co.
  • Sad 1
16 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

The colors. Our main home and away uniforms. Already said they will not change.

Check. That's a no-brainer.

16 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Our fight song. Can be preserved with alterations to the lyrics. "Hail to our/the Ball-Club" "Hail to the RedHogs"

"Legacy" fans have actually said that they don't want the fight song altered at all, even if it was a Red-name.  And don't bother saying they could still use the Red logo for WFT, because they might as well call the team the Red-name.

19 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Our rivalry with the cowboys. Can be preserved via marketing it as "America's Team vs THE Football Team (think how people pridefully say Ohio State) just like it was before when it was cowboys vs indians (without something that offends people)

You are REALLY reaching it with this one. There is no pride with that name in a Dallas rivalry. If you can't even think of HOW to market "America's Team vs THE Football Team" what makes you think WSH can? Besides nobody shows pride when they see Cowboys vs Football Team. Wolves can maintain that rivalry much better than Football Team because IRL Cowboys have to defend their cattle against wolves. Cowboys vs Wolves makes sense and nobody gets offended. Except maybe you. Heck, since Wolves are known to use the term alpha wolf, WSH can ALSO market "America's Team vs Alpha Team". That carries the same energy as your suggested phrase but with more flair.

24 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

And lastly, most importantly... Not acting like we aren't one of the oldest franchises in the league. Not acting like we are a fresh new expansion team. Honoring the players and fans that wore Redskins gear while moving away from the name itself.

OK lets see. What are the teams that are older than us? Cardinals. Bears, Packers, Giants, and Lions. Football Team? You cannot tell me with a straight face that Football Team fits with this group of teams. If you had said Footballers, that would have been OK because it actually works alongside Packers and Giants. But no. Football Team not only doesn't fit, it also sounds like the name for the FIRST football team. Which would be a lie. And Red Hogs? That doesn't sound like an old team at all. But like I said, any other name (that is NOT WFT/WFC) I will get used to.

Now lets see how Wolves fits. Cardinals, Bears, Packers, Giants, Lions, and Wolves. Fits perfectly. Classy. And our uniforms could be as simple as our current ones with a new W on the helmet. Just like GB, NYG, and CHI.

I have no idea what makes you think a simple name like Wolves sounds like an expansion team when Red Hogs is the one that sounds like an expansion team. No matter what you claim, a new name will make us LOOK like an expansion team. Football Team is a placeholder. Not a connection to our history. So really this fourth tradition is your PERSONAL tradition. Not the team's official tradition. It's more of the team's attempt than tradition. 

So in summation, in your four "traditions", one is already confirmed, one is not an official tradition. So the remaining two are the fight song and Dallas rivalry. Well even with those two, your defense for Football Team doesn't hold water. The fight song MAYBE can stay but only if the team name is a Red-name and the Dallas rivalry MAYBE can stay strong with a Red-name or with something that a Cowboy IRL has to deal with. 

If I went by your four traditions, Wolves accomplishes 3 of those without any hesitation. Any Red-name can accomplish 3 of those too. But Football Team? Nah. That doesn't follow the traditions you laid out. It has a false claim to your "brand loyalty". But hey, Jason Wright and Dan Snyder whatever names have been suggested have not been ruled out because nothing has been ruled out.  All name will go through the selection process. But if they follow your four traditions, I am pretty confident it will not be WFT/WFC.

The USPTO website has a new registered trademark for Washington Redwolves Foundation for charitable fundraising to support red wolf recovery programs. The mark consists of the stylized gold wording "WASHINGTON REDWOLVES FOUNDATION" and the gray head of a red wolf all within a burgundy rectangle.

• Like 4