Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

The wolf marketing is just too great to pass up.

Like I said a while back. Little babies sleeping with adorable wolf stuffed animals in chase young jerseys is how you rebuild a fanbase.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Wayne_Millner said:

So are Raptors and the Saber Tooth Tiger the Predators use and Dire Wolves were huge, bad-MFer wolves. I don’t care about the GRR Martin connection and I watched the show and read the books. But, I’m sure that’d be an appeal to some. Also, Dire Wolf is a great song. 

I wasn't aware of the Game of Thrones connection, was thinking Skyrim or D&D, but yes it was absolutely a big, bad MF. Described as "One of North America's most famous ancient predators" in several places on Google.  Was just a thought anyway.

• Haha 1

Yeah but that's all Twitter-based. Send something in the mail, get the community's feedback, I doubt it would be that big of a win for the Redwolves/Wolves. It would probably still win, but not by that much. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Yeah but that's all Twitter-based. Send something in the mail, get the community's feedback, I doubt it would be that big of a win for the Redwolves/Wolves. It would probably still win, but not by that much. 

Its horrifically dominant across multiple platforms. twitter, reddit, facebook, youtube, instagram, team pages run by WTF.

@DCdangerous just gave us one off a third party hosting site that was advertised in multiple locations.

I don't see any reason it wound not continue to destroy the competition in any medium.

Are you seriously expecting them to have a mail-in vote? Should they put an add in the paper?

Stuff like this is all we got. There are very few practical ways for us to get large scale information on this topic, since the results of anything the team does itself (like the season ticket survey) will be kept in house.

Is it a perfect representation of the fanbase? No

Is it a flawless system that can't be abused? No

But when one option consistency and overwhelmingly stacks W's with absolutely gaping 50/60/70% win percentages spanning the length of the internet and that is sustained over the course of a year, its hard to envision things going down any other way on any other platform/method.

This is quality community feedback, and it is the best option available to us today.

It has also undeniably shown a favorite name amongst the populace. Can't ask for much more. That's good data.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Its horrifically dominant across multiple platforms. twitter, reddit, facebook, youtube, instagram, team pages run by WTF.

I think it's kind of an internet thing that's caught storm, but what about fans that don't go on all these platforms? I would just be curious to see what the numbers looked like, or maybe they could do phone polls lol. We see this kind of thing all the time, especially with political candidates. You think you're riding a wave, but really it's all the same people voting on all the same platforms, it's more of an echo-chamber. 

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

they could do phone polls lol.

Time, money and effort. Only ones willing to do that would be the team itself and we would never see the results in that scenario.

I don't think there is a practical non-internet option that we can see employed by an entity that would share the results.

Even if someone does something offline, like a text vote, it will still have to advertised, which would be done online. Then your right back in the same boat, just changing the voting method.

The fact that one name is clearly winning on the internet and its not Teamy McTeam Face or something internety is proof that Redwolves/Red Wolves/wolves is clearly the only choice. 

Run with the Wolves DC!

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

Comments like "absurd" and "utter trash," though less helpful than more thoughtfully laid out perspectives, can nonetheless be used to guide us forward.

Well, there you have it, guys. We've been given a license to call names absurd and utter trash. B)

• Haha 3
On 4/21/2021 at 8:55 PM, ShoutyBearHead said:

If you must go with Wolves, then Washington Wolves, Redwolves is just a really weak attempt to keep 'red'.

How do you figure? It is not like Seahawks which dont actually exist. A red wolf is an actual species of wolf. Is it the choice over gray wolf due to the fact that red is in the name AND this wolf is / was found in the Eastern (and South Central) United States? Of course. 

My vote would be for Warriors, Redwolves, Sentinals.

HTTR

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, bentskin said:

How do you figure? It is not like Seahawks which dont actually exist. A red wolf is an actual species of wolf. Is it the choice over gray wolf due to the fact that red is in the name AND this wolf is / was found in the Eastern (and South Central) United States? Of course. 

My vote would be for Warriors, Redwolves, Sentinals.

HTTR

Warriors, Regiment, or  they just posted a letter from a kid on Twitter who suggested Rhinos, I'd take any of these over Redwolves.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ShoutyBearHead said:

Warriors, Regiment, or  they just posted a letter from a kid on Twitter who suggested Rhinos, I'd take any of these over Redwolves.

Lol. I like Worriers over all 3 of those!  

• Like 1