Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

Of all the names presented in the polls, the best ones are Warriors, Renegades, Guardians, Football Club, and Redwolves. Generals isn't there, but I don't think it'd be bad either.

The worst are Rubies, Royals, and Monarchs. Rubies is just goofy, but Royals and Monarchs? The U.S. is not a monarchy--these names make zero sense.

Edited by MusicCitySkin
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, zskins said:

Muslims and some Jewish people won't be purchasing any gear with a pig on it. Not trying to bring religion to the stadium but the name has to be such so that it is embraced by all. I know quite a few Muslims WFT fans and they have said they won't buy any gear with a pig on it. Thought I throw this out there in case. 

I know some people don't eat pork, but they aren't worshipping or eating the mascot.  With that type of thinking, any name related to pigs, dogs, cows will eliminate millions of people.  Monuments are out.  Wolf's are canines, so any wolf name is out.  

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Warthogs is terrible because it's from a indoor soccer league that folded like 30 years ago. 

Every thing is from somewhere else.  It is bad because of a minor soccer league team from 30 years ago?  I laugh at your logic.  

Warthogs are ferocious animals.  It connects to the hogs of the 80's and is a type of military attack helicopter.  

Edited by ILikeBilly
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, MusicCitySkin said:

Of all the names presented in the polls, the best ones are Warriors, Renegades, Guardians, Football Club, and Redwolves. Generals isn't there, but I don't think it'd be bad either.

The worst are Rubies, Royals, and Monarchs. Rubies is just goofy, but Royals and Monarches? The U.S. is not a monarchy--these names make zero sense.

For Taylor Heinicke Monarchs does, being from ODU.

Edited by ClaytoAli
5 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

I know some people don't eat pork, but they aren't worshipping or eating the mascot.  With that type of thinking, any name related to pigs, dogs, cows will eliminate millions of people.  Monuments are out.  Wolf's are canines, so any wolf name is out.  

These some people also don't have any stuffed animal that look like a pig either. They just don't like the animal they are forbidden to eat or like wearing one on their body. Funny you bring up dogs. Muslims don't have a problem with dog. They actually use hunting dogs for hunting of course. The Washington Cows... I think we are safe here....lol

On 4/16/2021 at 3:02 PM, KDawg said:

I actually don’t hate DCFC.

I dislike this one as much as WFT. We're not a soccer team.

The only other one I could get behind other than Red Wolves and Warriors is Hogs. Not Wild Hogs, just Hogs.

11 hours ago, zskins said:

The name has to be such so that it is embraced by all.

Good luck with that. We've already seen people call WFT and the colors racist.

When you try to please all of the people all of the time, you ending up pleasing no one.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I dislike this one as much as WFT. We're not a soccer team.

The only other one I could get behind other than Red Wolves and Warriors is Hogs. Not Wild Hogs, just Hogs.

When you try to please all of the people all of the time, you ending up pleasing no one.

Yep. The old man, the boy, and the donkey. 

That’s not a sex video, that an Aesop fable. 

And yeah I’m all for Wolves, but more than that, I am for anything but WFT (or variants of it)

Edited by DCdangerous
  • Like 2

The recent email to season ticket holders is just more proof that the name is going to be WFT. They're launching a campaign to make it look like WFT is the fan choice by way of quoting how it led in "numerous polls" among other things. If WFT is in the top 5 already, why is it the only one on the list of terrible names in that email? Despite the disclaimer, where are the similar emails to season ticket holders with other lists that only have one of the top names among other bad ones? I think people need to really start considering that the absolute frontrunner and most likely name is WFT, as absolutely awful as that is. I'm surprised people aren't seeing the writing on the wall, and if I'm wrong I'll eat whatever crow you serve up. They can still make a mascot for marketing purposes and even incorporate it into the branding, calling him "the captain" or something lame. The terrible and embarrassing name WFT is coming to our team.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Seriously? I hadn't heard that one yet. Is it because they're the same colors as the Redskins brand? If so, utterly insane. 

1 hour ago, DCdangerous said:

Wright tweeted the Carmi article! I replied thanking him and he replied to me!!

Don't forget all your dudes on ES when they reach out and poke you for more intel. U making mad connections in those streets

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DCF said:

If WFT is in the top 5 already, why is it the only one on the list of terrible names in that email? Despite the disclaimer, where are the similar emails to season ticket holders with other lists that only have one of the top names among other bad ones?

Its not the only one. There are like 20 diff versions of that survey. Many names represented, many of the popular ones as well.

See page 29 of this thread that shows several examples in tweets

Not thrilled with any of the DC/govt themed options I’ve seen. WFT, WFC, and DCFC are meh. Of those I dislike DCFC the least. Of the alliterative names, Warthogs is dumb, Warriors is boring. Wolves is cool. I prefer that to Redwolves by a significant margin and I think it’s my personal preference. 

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Be embraced by all -  might be a little ambition on my part I guess. 

• Like 1

Please no ****ing claw marks on anything. Thats so damn stupid. 

It's gonna be either Redwolves or Red Wolves and we'll all call them the Wolves like we say Skins and we'll all get over it in a year, especially since the ream is good.

• Like 5

I was born and raised in the DC area.  I never saw a single wolf in all my time there.  Wolfs and Red Wolfs has nothing to do with the DMV area.  Yes, there were some red wolfs near the VA eastern shore about 200 years ago.  Big deal.  We need to do better when we pick our new name.

We would have the wolf pack ( blatant copy of the dog pound).  We would have howling noise during kick offs.  So weak.....

The wolfs were toothless this Sunday.  They were road kill for the hungry, high flying eagles...  The big lines are easy to write....