Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

I actually don’t hate DCFC.

But honestly for me it’s:

Redwolves

Warriors

DCFC

WFT

Anything else at this point is a failure.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I actually don’t hate DCFC.

But honestly for me it’s:

Redwolves

Warriors

DCFC

WFT

Anything else at this point is a failure.

DCFC is just bad. Really bad.   Not Brigade or Royals bad, but bad nonetheless.     

Red Wolves, (that's the spelling I prefer), has grown on me.

If they go with WFT, that wouldn't hurt my feelings either. 

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

DCFC is just bad. Really bad.   Not Brigade or Royals bad, but bad nonetheless.     

Red Wolves, (that's the spelling I prefer), has grown on me.

If they go with WFT, that wouldn't hurt my feelings either. 

Football Team is good but Football Club is bad... what is the logic here? They're basically the same thing. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Soccer Club influence?

WFT feels too much like soccer for my taste.

Jason Wright is apparently a big soccer fan.

If you actually scroll my Twitter, you’ll see that I’m quite the European football fan in the background. And that’s a perfectly fine name in that world. … But it’s not gonna be my decision, by any means. It’s gonna be a community-based decision and we’ll see where we land.”

Edited by Spearfeather
47 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Soccer Club influence?

WFT feels too much like soccer for my taste.

I can see how one thinks that, but I don't see how someone feels one way about Washington Football Club, and another way about Washington Football Team. Both the names seem the same to me, there's little difference between them lol. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I’m pretty non negotiable that whatever the name the colors have to be burgundy and gold.

I'm breaking my self-imposed exile from this thread to second this.  The letter demanding the organization change the colors as well had me laughing.  Ridiculous. 

I prefer the 70th style burgundy and gold though.  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, KDawg said:

I’m pretty non negotiable that whatever the name the colors have to be burgundy and gold.

No worries. Colors are going nowhere

“It would take a lot to change the burgundy and gold. You can put that one in pen. I don’t see us moving off that at any point,” Wright said. “That’s not actively being considered.”

https://news.sportslogos.net/2020/11/21/washington-football-team-president-shares-latest-on-rebrand/football/

7 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Football Team is good but Football Club is bad... what is the logic here? They're basically the same thing. 

I never stated that "Football Team is good."  I said that it wouldn't hurt my feelings.  Am I crazy about it? No, but I'm used to it now, and it has kinda grown on me,  so I can live with it.

Did you take the survey that the team sent?

I did.

Trust me, "Washington DC Football Club" looks terrible when you see that **** spelled out. 

WFT looks better to me than WDFC, (which is the NASDAQ symbol for WD-40, btw), and sounds a lot more like some kind of European soccer team, than an NFL team.

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 1
56 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

I never stated that "Football Team is good."  I said that it wouldn't hurt my feelings.  Am I crazy about it? No, but I'm used to it now, and it has kinda grown on me,  so I can live with it.

Did you take the survey that the team sent?

I did.

Trust me, "Washington DC Football Club" looks terrible when you see that **** spelled out. 

WFT looks better to me than WDFC, (which is the NASDAQ symbol for WD-40, btw), and sounds a lot more like some kind of European soccer team, than an NFL team.

Lmao would they really try to make that our name though? Like on graphics and stuff I don't see all of that crap being typed out "Washington DC Football Club", that would be so dumb looking on everything. I swear eventually we'll just go by "Washington" if we had one of those names. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Lmao would they really try to make that our name though? Like on graphics and stuff I don't see all of that crap being typed out "Washington DC Football Club", that would be so dumb looking on everything. I swear eventually we'll just go by "Washington" if we had one of those names. 

I know right?    

21 hours ago, ILikeBilly said:

Warthogs is the best name I have heard.

Muslims and some Jewish people won't be purchasing any gear with a pig on it. Not trying to bring religion to the stadium but the name has to be such so that it is embraced by all. I know quite a few Muslims WFT fans and they have said they won't buy any gear with a pig on it. Thought I throw this out there in case.