Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WFT Branding Study (Part 2)

1 minute ago, bowhunter said:

Perhaps they already have settled on "RedWolves" and therefore are putting such pitiful other options on their list that survey results will show overwhelming support.

Warriors are on that list too. So maybe between the two then. 

Renegades to me sounds like something from the Civil War. Would that wash in the current climate? Seems an odd choice.

Some of those are truly awful suggestions though 🤮.

If they botch this name change it would be detrimental, I really cannot root for a team called the Washington Wayfarers or Washington Demon Cats. Or any of these XFL sounding names, what even are these suggestions? I’m still somewhat upset they changed the name, I know I should get over it but it still sucks. They have a golden opportunity for Wolves or Warriors, do not **** this up 

16 minutes ago, max21 said:

If they botch this name change it would be detrimental, I really cannot root for a team called the Washington Wayfarers or Washington Demon Cats. Or any of these XFL sounding names, what even are these suggestions? I’m still somewhat upset they changed the name, I know I should get over it but it still sucks. They have a golden opportunity for Wolves or Warriors, do not **** this up 

Yeah, keep it simple. Warriors or Wolves is good with me, opportunity to have one of those easy nicknames that DC fans seem to love. You can have the Nats, Caps, Wiz, and then finally, the dub-dubs. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, UK Skins said:

Renegades to me sounds like something from the Civil War. Would that wash in the current climate? Seems an odd choice.

Some of those are truly awful suggestions though 🤮.

There was a team in one of the alternate football leagues (USFL I think) where the Washington team was gonna be called the Renegades but changed to the Defenders. Or the team moved to Florida and took the name "Renegades" with them so the DC team became the DC Defenders....or something like that.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, mojo said:

So we agree, Ruby Warriors Wolves it is.

I think the BEST name would be Washington Gin & Juice

They can get Snoop to do redo the Fight Song as well.

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, redskins4ever28 said:

I am praying to God it’s either Redwolves or Wild Hogs. A lot of other names in there suck

Warthogs is another option as well. 

1 hour ago, redskins4ever28 said:

I am praying to God it’s either Redwolves or Wild Hogs. A lot of other names in there suck

Eagles at Wild Hogs

Cowboys at Wild Hogs

Wild Hogs at Bears.....

Wild Hogs it is....

On 4/15/2021 at 1:25 AM, Burgundy Yoda said:

It's because the team was established in 1932. 32nd's is a really awful name lol. 

And considering there's 32 teams in the league it makes that name even worse if that's possible. 

Might as well name ourselves the Washington last place

• Haha 3

DC will more than likely become a state by the time the lease is up in PG County.  Perhaps they should use DC or District instead of Washington. Or Columbia!  Point- take you time and do it right not half assed as is Snyder's preferred MO

2 hours ago, redskinss said:

And considering there's 32 teams in the league it makes that name even worse if that's possible. 

Might as well name ourselves the Washington last place

It would fit the team, wouldn't it?

• Like 1

1. Warriors

2. Redwolves (Not Red Wolves or RedWolves)

3. Warhogs (Not Warthogs)

The Warriors are the logical choice. It can be associated with military, the W can be kept, the color scheme does not have to change. Keep in mind there was a time Dan trademarked the name. I have a feeling he'll get the copyright back, and they'll be called the Washington Warriors.

• Like 1